Innovative Marine Aquariums

Replacement for Cleaner Wrasse

Rusty_uk

Hi

Had a cleaner wrasse in my 20g tank (i now know that it was not really a suitable fish, but didnt at the time of purchase) but unfortunately he passed away.  Im after something more suitable of the same size that will give me the same sort of movement.  Initially thought about a firefish but the are more floaty than swimmy aren't they.

What kind of swimmy fish do you guys have?

22 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

Royal gramma

Midas blenny

I have clowns in bith my tanks. I love clowns. 

Midas blenny will get way too large and aggressive for a 20g. Beautiful fish but needs a much larger aquarium to do well. 

• 4 weeks later...

My tailspot blenny is really enjoyable and has a really cool almost hummingbird like way of swimming but I would not recommend him as a active swimmer fish.

During the day he will usually just float with the clownfish midwater, perch on a rock, or hide in a hole. The most active he gets is when he spots copepods or something in the water column and quickly swims over to peck it before returning to his little area.

from what I've seen, a 6 line wrasse can be suitable for a 20g and would be a very active swimmer. although I've read some individuals are aggressive and territorial. really gorgeous fish though but it has its own requirements. I wanted one but its possible aggressive habits are putting me off for my own 25g I am planning the stocking to. also Plenty of youtube videos of people trying to catch them out of the tank, because they wanted to add a mandarin or other peaceful fish usually.