Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Baby bristleworm???

docshipwreck

docshipwreck

Was cleaning inside my tank and moved a piece of rubble and found this guy. Is this a baby bristleworm? Should I keep him?

about 3/4 inch long half orange half blue. 

Thanks for helping out!

IMG_4961.JPG

• Like 1
fishfreak0114

Yep that's a bristleworm.  Keep him.  Even if you got rid of him, it's almost guaranteed that there are more in the tank.  Plus they're beneficial CUC members.

• Like 2
docshipwreck
1 minute ago, fishfreak0114 said:

Yep that's a bristleworm.  Keep him.  Even if you got rid of him, it's almost guaranteed that there are more in the tank.  Plus they're beneficial CUC members.

Sorry for the noob question (running since late october) if I'm pretty good with dips and everytbing where do they come from?

1 minute ago, docshipwreck said:

Sorry for the noob question (running since late october) if I'm pretty good with dips and everytbing where do they come from?

They can be teeny weeny and are like roaches..... hard to kill. 

I keep them unless I see them cruising out in the daytime. Then I just pluck them out. 

• Like 1
fishfreak0114

Often, they hide during the day.  You may see them poking out of the bases of your rocks, and some will surface during feeding time.  Whatever you do, don't touch them with your bare hands.  Their little silica bristles will end up embedded in your finger. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, docshipwreck said:

do they hide in the rock during the day? Are they sharp I'm guessing to just pluck?

They hide in and around everything. 

When I turn off my pumps to feed the worms come out like something in a horror movie. 

• Like 1