Coral Vue Hydros

rsucre

Hello,

Can you help me ID this BTA?  It looks orange-green to the eye under my lights (mostly actinics + white) and looks more reddish when the lights are off.  It is very small, around 2".  Looks healthy, has not moved since I got it a week ago, eats daily (small part of a freeze dried jumbo shrimp, small pellets and/or fauna marin coral pellets).  My two perculas are not being hosted yet.

I have seen names like: Sunburst, Lemon Drop, Rose, ...  Which one is this?

IMG_5230.JPG

Simulated Fish

Looks like a rainbow BTA to me. They are red, orange, green, and hints of blue.

13 minutes ago, rsucre said:

Here's another pic with a little more detail.

DSC08378.JPG

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Hippieheadshot said:

Looks like a rainbow BTA to me.

Hippie, thanks for the feedback.  So far, I only see orange and green when leds are on.  When leds turn off, then it looks more reddish.

Simulated Fish
Just now, rsucre said:

Hippie, thanks for the feedback.  So far, I only see orange and green when leds are on.  When leds turn off, then it looks more reddish.

The pics online are almost all WAY over saturated or shopped. I'll dig up a pice of my Rainbow for you.

• Like 1
Simulated Fish

@rsucre here is o e, can find any puffed up shots. It was lost when it tried to eat my lion so I can't take a current pic :(

There are a couple more on my tank tread on page #2

post-89131-0-06650100-1459044045.jpg

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Crank up the blues and take an overly saturated top down photo if you want to actually compare it to the vendor named ones 

Harry, here's a top-down pic with blues cranked up.  To the eye, it looks more orange.

IMG_5827.JPG

3 minutes ago, Hippieheadshot said:

@rsucre here is o e, can find any puffed up shots. It was lost when it tried to eat my lion so I can't take a current pic :(

Thanks Hippie.

Simulated Fish
16 minutes ago, rsucre said:

Harry, here's a top-down pic with blues cranked up.  To the eye, it looks more orange.

IMG_5827.JPG

Thanks Hippie.

I still think rainbow, but without seeing the mouth it might also be a aussie/tequila sunrise as they don't have any blue mouth stripes like rainbows do.

Also because I just figured out how to do this, here is a video of my current Rainbow bubble tip, mind you the color of this one is pretty much only pink/green and very little blue.

4 hours ago, Hippieheadshot said:

without seeing the mouth it might also be a aussie/tequila sunrise as they don't have any blue mouth stripes like rainbows do.

Hi Hippie, as far I have seen, the mouth is pink colored. Have not seen any other color in the mouth (oral disc). 

21 hours ago, Hippieheadshot said:

I still think rainbow, but without seeing the mouth it might also be a aussie/tequila sunrise as they don't have any blue mouth stripes like rainbows do.

Hi Hippiehead, I looked at the oral disc and it looks pinkish with some white marks.  I did not see any other color in it.

Honestly, the "name" given to color variations isn't really important. There are a ton of color variations for bubble tips that range from greens, yellows, oranges, to reds. Lots of combinations of 2 or 3 of those colors on a single specimen.

You'll here "Cali Sunset, Lemon Drop, Peach Dream" and so on. There is crossover and interpretation involved since these are all just a grab bag of naturally occurring morphs. Unless you get a clone of the exact specimen from the original owner who gave the nem THEY have that name, you can just consider your nem a similar looking specimen. Which is more than fine! Nobody needs to chase names. The name doesn't make the nem look that good, it just looks that good all on its own ;)

Yours may be similar to this specimen, but lighting etc. will play a roll on how it ends up looking long term.

298b0713c96e49cc9aa521981bf3cc70.jpg

• Like 3

Hi TJ, that BTA looks gorgeous.  What is it?  Cali Sunset, Peach Dream? It looks to me like Orange Crush with Lime Zest... :D You are right, name is not important. 

• Like 2