inTank Media Baskets

Gena's IM Nuvo Fusion 10

gena

On 9/26/2017 at 8:46 AM, gena said:

fingerscrossed

I can't wait to follow along with all the new bowls.  I hope lots of people join in!

I think so too!  I hope you are able to join in :D.

:happydance:

So I got my light set up.  A cheap par38 bulb from Amazon.  So I have the jar, I have the light, and I have rock.  And I sit and wait LOL.  Hopefully what I have will all work for the contest.  I haven't bought anything else yet although I know what I want to buy.  But I'll wait just in case it doesn't qualify for the contest :D

59ca75b4e6d2c_ScreenShot2017-09-26at8_39_59AM.thumb.png.6c03babe300311ffbdd0d45c9bf4cfa4.png

Looking awesome, Gena!  It looks like a little art installation!

On 9/26/2017 at 10:30 AM, Christopher Marks said:

It's as if @gena can somehow see into the future!

giphy.gif

:lol: :ninja:

• Like 2
1 minute ago, gena said:

Just finished my lunch.  Now to figure out my favorite condiment and get a new thread going :lol:.

I think you're all set to be our first official entry! :D

Just now, Felicia said:

I think you're all set to be our first official entry! :D

hahaha...probably.  I've been waiting awhile for this now :D.  I found my condiment!  Now to go take a picture.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

How is the nano reef doing these days @gena? Say it ain't so... ?

When is the move?

The nano is still kicking :).  The corals are happy as can be but my maintenance slacking is obvious.  I have algae growth.  It's manageable when I actually take the time to clean it :D.  It looks pretty good right now since I did a water change on Monday.  I just need to get back to a normal maintenance schedule.  Although I'm thinking about taking it down today LOL.  I haven't decided if I'm up for the work involved with that!!!!!  

Here's a quick photo of how it looks now.

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 8.54.56 AM

I'll miss my fish :(.  and the corals.  

The move is sometime this year.  My son graduates in May and then we are free to go.   We have a house to sell and a house to buy so not sure exactly when it will be.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 5
Christopher Marks
6 minutes ago, gena said:

Although I'm thinking about taking it down today LOL.  I haven't decided if I'm up for the work involved with that!!!!! 

But but but it's so lovely and almost a year old... :unsure:

Don't do it! omgomgomg 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

But but but it's so lovely and almost a year old... :unsure:

Don't do it! omgomgomg 

My laziness will most likely kick in and it won't get done for a while :lol:.

• Haha 3
40 minutes ago, gena said:

The nano is still kicking :).  The corals are happy as can be but my maintenance slacking is obvious.  I have algae growth.  It's manageable when I actually take the time to clean it :D.  It looks pretty good right now since I did a water change on Monday.  I just need to get back to a normal maintenance schedule.  Although I'm thinking about taking it down today LOL.  I haven't decided if I'm up for the work involved with that!!!!!  

Here's a quick photo of how it looks now.

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 8.54.56 AM

I'll miss my fish :(.  and the corals.  

The move is sometime this year.  My son graduates in May and then we are free to go.   We have a house to sell and a house to buy so not sure exactly when it will be.  

What.........moving already?!?!?

• Like 1

Your tanks are always filled to the brim with fluffy colorful goodness! I can't believe that you'll have to get rid of your tanks for the move, but I know how devastating they can be to move. I didn't even move close to the distance you guys are moving either! I hope that once you get into your new place you get the bug and set up another tank!

• Like 5
On 3/1/2018 at 9:48 AM, jack1978 said:

What.........moving already?!?!?

Yep :happydance:.  Well, that's the goal for this year anyways.  15 years out here is plenty of time to have spent.  There will be things I miss and things I won't miss :).  

On 3/1/2018 at 10:45 AM, Merthynia said:

Your tanks are always filled to the brim with fluffy colorful goodness! I can't believe that you'll have to get rid of your tanks for the move, but I know how devastating they can be to move. I didn't even move close to the distance you guys are moving either! I hope that once you get into your new place you get the bug and set up another tank!

Thanks :) I know I'll want to set up again eventually.  I'm going to hang onto a few things for sure.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, gena said:

Yep :happydance:.  Well, that's the goal for this year anyways.  15 years out here is plenty of time to have spent.  There will be things I miss and things I won't miss :).  

Thanks :) I know I'll want to set up again eventually.  I'm going to hang onto a few things for sure.

I hear you....... I'd love to leave in all honesty. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2018 at 11:10 AM, Segalplayer said:

Run a skimmer on this tank or anything? 

No skimmer just a media basket with chemipure and filter floss.  Though it could really use it.  I'm fixing to revamp the tank today.   Got everything ready to go, buckets...towels....mindset...lol.   I stopped to make/eat some lunch first because I'm thinking this will take me a bit of time.  

I'm taking everything out and cleaning the whole thing out.  It's FILTHY!  Big fish in a small space is no bueno.  I haven't been able to get the main pump out at all.  The space is too small and tight and although I can get my hand in there, I can't budge the tubing/piping where it attaches to the tank :wacko:.  The chambers need a major cleaning.

I'm also removing all fish and taking them to my LFS.  I'm going to hydrogen peroxide the rocks.  Remove all sand.  Going bottomless.   I'd like to be able to go a LONG time between water changes.  We'll see how that goes.  I will have to dose still.  Who knows...next week I may decide to dismantle the whole thing :o.  For now...baby steps :).  

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Wow 2
Segalplayer
46 minutes ago, gena said:

No skimmer just a media basket with chemipure and filter floss.  Though it could really use it.  I'm fixing to revamp the tank today.   Got everything ready to go, buckets...towels....mindset...lol.   I stopped to make/eat some lunch first because I'm thinking this will take me a bit of time.  

I'm taking everything out and cleaning the whole thing out.  It's FILTHY!  Big fish in a small space is no bueno.  I haven't been able to get the main pump out at all.  The space is too small and tight and although I can get my hand in there, I can't budge the tubing/piping where it attaches to the tank :wacko:.  The chambers need a major cleaning.

I'm also removing all fish and taking them to my LFS.  I'm going to hydrogen peroxide the rocks.  Remove all sand.  Going bottomless.   I'd like to be able to go a LONG time between water changes.  We'll see how that goes.  I will have to dose still.  Who knows...next week I may decide to dismantle the whole thing :o.  For now...baby steps :).  

Check out my page! Just took out the back baffle and added a pump (IM stock reactor pump but very loud so I will get a sicce micra for the false bottom to stirr up the only dead zone in the tank, going to be using a Tunze 9001 in the back. 

I willgo and read back but any reason for going Sandless? Contemplating it myself but slowly taking it out like a scoop or two a week till none.

• Like 1
Christopher Marks
57 minutes ago, gena said:

We'll take what we can get! :lol: 

Let us know how it goes :)

• Like 2