Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Gena's IM Nuvo Fusion 10

gena

10 minutes ago, gena said:

I can't even express to you how excited I am to work on this today LOL.  I need to go get some epoxy.  Guess I'll be making a LFS run :happydance:.

Don't forget to look at all the pretty coral while you're there! :happy: I'm also going to run to my LFS today and see if they can order me a pink-streaked wrasse! :wub: I have been watching DD the past few weeks but I'm sure if there were any posted I was too late to the party to see them.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Merthynia said:

Don't forget to look at all the pretty coral while you're there! :happy: I'm also going to run to my LFS today and see if they can order me a pink-streaked wrasse! :wub: I have been watching DD the past few weeks but I'm sure if there were any posted I was too late to the party to see them.

Totally gonna look at the coral.  I have a frag rack set up in my tank right now!  It's holding a blasto "baby" for lawnman and a mushroom I'm trying to get attached to some rock.  It's also there to hold my RAP coral finds...all for the pico jar :happydance:.  So if I see something I can't resist...I can buy it today.  For the pico :D.

Oh I hope you can get your PSW!!!!  Locally is always the best way to go although I had no issues ordering from LA. Are they out of stock in the regular LA section?  That's where I got mine from.  Not DD. They sent me a very healthy little PSW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, gena said:

Totally gonna look at the coral.  I have a frag rack set up in my tank right now!  It's holding a blasto "baby" for lawnman and a mushroom I'm trying to get attached to some rock.  It's also there to hold my RAP coral finds...all for the pico jar :happydance:.  So if I see something I can't resist...I can buy it today.  For the pico :D.

Oh I hope you can get your PSW!!!!  Locally is always the best way to go although I had no issues ordering from LA. Are they out of stock in the regular LA section?  That's where I got mine from.  Not DD. They sent me a very healthy little PSW.

Yeah they've been out of stock for at least 4-5 weeks on the regular side. I've got the e-mail notification on it just in case. That's so exciting that you have frags already for your tiny pico! How are you going to hold off until a contest is announced? Or are you?

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Merthynia said:

I don't think they've had any from DD in the last month or so either, you can sign up for sneak previews and alerts when they post new stock.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Merthynia said:

Yeah they've been out of stock for at least 4-5 weeks on the regular side. I've got the e-mail notification on it just in case. That's so exciting that you have frags already for your tiny pico! How are you going to hold off until a contest is announced? Or are you?

Haha...I'm going to hold off for the contest.  I have the will power :D

Tried to come up with a cool rockscape today and failed.  I hated everything.  So fingers are covered in glue and epoxy for nothing :wacko:.  I guess I'll be looking for rock at RAP :o

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, gena said:

Haha...I'm going to hold off for the contest.  I have the will power :D

Tried to come up with a cool rockscape today and failed.  I hated everything.  So fingers are covered in glue and epoxy for nothing :wacko:.  I guess I'll be looking for rock at RAP :o

YOU came up with poor rockscapes?  Psshhh..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
11 hours ago, cju84 said:

YOU came up with poor rockscapes?  Psshhh..

I did.  I am having trouble balancing the amount of rock with the space.  I want to keep a decent amount of clearance between rock and glass so it's easy to clean...this isn't easy to do in a 2 gallon jar LOL.  I will try again :D.  I was just frustrated and covered in glue and epoxy...hate that stuff so much!  I tried using gloves but you can't mix that epoxy wearing gloves.  I thought about looking at RAP to see if they have pre-made rockscapes that would fit.  I'll bring a footprint of my tank with me.  But I'm also not against just rock piling it in such a small space.  We'll see :).

• Like 1

I'm not starting a tank thread yet for the pico since I'm waiting to see about the contest.  But wanted to show what I have so far.  Pretty much nothing LOL.  But I'm pretty sure this is the location I will have it.  In my fun room :).  Pretty much has everything I love in that room.  My crafts, my plants, and my reefs :D.

The wall hanging will be leaving and I'll have a par bulb hanging above the jar.  Gonna go the route I did with my 20g long tank and have the industrial pipe thing as a rod (attached to the wall) and have the par hanging down from that pipe.  Should look pretty neat.  My pico jar will be among all of my plants :).

That's the plan for now anyways....things can always change LOL.

59b424baef0ee_ScreenShot2017-09-09at10_22_28AM.thumb.png.9d4a6d22147a8f98addcfe72a6f0c224.png

• Like 10
14 minutes ago, gena said:

I'm not starting a tank thread yet for the pico since I'm waiting to see about the contest.  But wanted to show what I have so far.  Pretty much nothing LOL.  But I'm pretty sure this is the location I will have it.  In my fun room :).  Pretty much has everything I love in that room.  My crafts, my plants, and my reefs :D.

The wall hanging will be leaving and I'll have a par bulb hanging above the jar.  Gonna go the route I did with my 20g long tank and have the industrial pipe thing as a rod (attached to the wall) and have the par hanging down from that pipe.  Should look pretty neat.  My pico jar will be among all of my plants :).

59b424baef0ee_ScreenShot2017-09-09at10_22_28AM.thumb.png.9d4a6d22147a8f98addcfe72a6f0c224.png

Super excited to see what you do. Now if some contest news would be released :wub: 

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, Lawnman said:

Super excited to see what you do. Now if some contest news would be released :wub: 

I know!!! :)

I think I was too hard on myself with the rockscape I made yesterday.  It was actually fine but just a little too big.  I'll see if I can do something similar only smaller.  I just don't want to look at or use putty for awhile :lol:.  I hate that stuff!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, gena said:

I know!!! :)

I think I was too hard on myself with the rockscape I made yesterday.  It was actually fine but just a little too big.  I'll see if I can do something similar only smaller.  I just don't want to look at or use putty for awhile :lol:.  I hate that stuff!

I wish I knew what size your hands are. Surgical gloves are better when mixing the epoxy.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Merthynia said:

I wish I knew what size your hands are. Surgical gloves are better when mixing the epoxy.

I have small hands but not sure what size I would be?  Small or XS?  I was using latex gloves and they were too big and clumsy.

Here's a couple of pictures :).

Screen Shot 2017-09-09 at 1.21.56 PM

The fiji leather is looking so much better.  BUT...it's shading my small blasto frag/colony just below it to the left...can't see them in the photo.  I'm planning to move that frag to my pico so if it could just hold on a little bit longer fingerscrossed.

Screen Shot 2017-09-09 at 1.22.24 PM

• Like 7
  • Wow 1
3 hours ago, gena said:

That wall hanging is rad!  Looks like a great spot for Gena's Little Jar. :happy:

• Like 1

The Fiji leather is looking so much better! Hopefully those blastos will still be fine for a while.

I go on vacation and suddenly there's a new tank?! Looks like fun. I'm going to stay out of any contests because I have a rule against multiple tanks. However, maybe I could help host or something...maybe I'll talk to Christopher Marks :)

Gena, when I epoxy and super glue, I wear nitrile exam gloves in a size small. They sell those on Amazon. You may need a size xs depending on how small your hands are. 

Nitrile Exam Gloves - Medical Grade, Powder Free, Latex Rubber Free, Disposable, Non Sterile, Food Safe, Textured, Indigo Color, Convenient Dispenser Pack of 100, Size Small https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KE233SU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_6rgTzbJ37Z6BV

• Like 3
5 hours ago, gena said:

I like this room!!!

I have no idea yet whether or not I can do the Pico contest, waiting to see what it is. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

I like this room!!!

I have no idea yet whether or not I can do the Pico contest, waiting to see what it is. 

Me too.  I am reeeeeeally hopeful!

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

That wall hanging is rad!  Looks like a great spot for Gena's Little Jar. :happy:

Thank you!!!!!  I made that :D.  I'll have to find a different spot for it.  It's one of my favorites.

17 hours ago, Felicia said:

The Fiji leather is looking so much better! Hopefully those blastos will still be fine for a while.

I go on vacation and suddenly there's a new tank?! Looks like fun. I'm going to stay out of any contests because I have a rule against multiple tanks. However, maybe I could help host or something...maybe I'll talk to Christopher Marks :)

Gena, when I epoxy and super glue, I wear nitrile exam gloves in a size small. They sell those on Amazon. You may need a size xs depending on how small your hands are. 

Nitrile Exam Gloves - Medical Grade, Powder Free, Latex Rubber Free, Disposable, Non Sterile, Food Safe, Textured, Indigo Color, Convenient Dispenser Pack of 100, Size Small https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KE233SU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_6rgTzbJ37Z6BV

I think they'll be ok.  The leather sometimes shades it and other times not.  Right now it's not LOL.  Thanks for the link!  We have to run to home depot today so I'll see if I can find those there????  If not, I'll order.  But I really want to work on the rock again today.   Not that I'm in a rush or anything.  I have plenty of time while waiting to hear about the contest :).  You should totally talk to @Christopher Marks about helping to host.  I bet he'd love that!!!!

16 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

I like this room!!!

Thanks, Weets :flower:  I hope you'll be able to join in!!!!!

2 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Me too.  I am reeeeeeally hopeful!

:happydance:

• Like 3
19 hours ago, gena said:

I have small hands but not sure what size I would be?  Small or XS?  I was using latex gloves and they were too big and clumsy.

Here's a couple of pictures :).

Screen Shot 2017-09-09 at 1.21.56 PM

The fiji leather is looking so much better.  BUT...it's shading my small blasto frag/colony just below it to the left...can't see them in the photo.  I'm planning to move that frag to my pico so if it could just hold on a little bit longer fingerscrossed.

Screen Shot 2017-09-09 at 1.22.24 PM

Is this part of the new pico jar tank?  Can we get a FTS??

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, cju84 said:

Is this part of the new pico jar tank?  Can we get a FTS??

No...that's my 10 gallon LOL.  Packed full like a pico jar LOL. 

This one :) .... 

Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 12.13.02 PM

• Like 8
2 minutes ago, gena said:

No...that's my 10 gallon LOL.  Packed full like a pico jar LOL. 

This one :) .... 

Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 12.13.02 PM

Ahhh okay okay...  Just making sure you're not teasing us.

I meant to ask you - how do you like those blue candy canes?  I have a local seller who is selling a frag for pretty cheap that I've been too lazy to drive and get, but it's a good deal. Always looking for more "blue" in the tank too.  Do they grow just like the green candy canes?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, cju84 said:

Ahhh okay okay...  Just making sure you're not teasing us.

I meant to ask you - how do you like those blue candy canes?  I have a local seller who is selling a frag for pretty cheap that I've been too lazy to drive and get, but it's a good deal. Always looking for more "blue" in the tank too.  Do they grow just like the green candy canes?

Go now...run!!!  Buy them :D.  They are a great coral!!!!  Really, right up there with blastos on my favorite coral list.  They grow fast, they look cool, they make a statement, they are super easy to keep and hardy.  They grow faster than the green.  I'm always having to give them away or take them to my LFS for credit. 

• Like 3
Just now, gena said:

Go now...run!!!  Buy them :D.  They are a great coral!!!!  Really, right up there with blastos on my favorite coral list.  They grow fast, they look cool, they make a statement, they are super easy to keep and hardy.  They grow faster than the green.  I'm always having to give them away or take them to my LFS for credit. 

Well in that case, I'm texting the guy now!  My 20g needs moreeeeeeeeeeeeee!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, gena said:

Thank you!!!!!  I made that :D.  I'll have to find a different spot for it.  It's one of my favorites.

I think they'll be ok.  The leather sometimes shades it and other times not.  Right now it's not LOL.  Thanks for the link!  We have to run to home depot today so I'll see if I can find those there????  If not, I'll order.  But I really want to work on the rock again today.   Not that I'm in a rush or anything.  I have plenty of time while waiting to hear about the contest :).  You should totally talk to @Christopher Marks about helping to host.  I bet he'd love that!!!!

Thanks, Weets :flower:  I hope you'll be able to join in!!!!!

:happydance:

Yeah, I love your wall hangings! One of these days I hope to buy one. :happy:

I miss my teal trumpets. My tank looked so pretty before the crash. :(

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Yeah, I love your wall hangings! One of these days I hope to buy one. :happy:

I miss my teal trumpets. My tank looked so pretty before the crash. :(

Awwww thanks :flower:

Well, don't buy them again.  Just pay shipping and I'll send you some.  I don't have any to spare at the moment, since I just did a fragging.... but it probably won't take long  :).

The Fusion looks lovely Gena, always wonderful to see lush growth, happy corals and so much color. I can't imagine being able to downsize though (except right now in the middle of hurricane alkalinity ha) so you have to be a magician to do that. Okay, alright I do have SPS which are not the candidate for downsizing without serious fragging or giveaways. Very nicely done. :flower:

• Like 2