Pod Your Reef

Gena's IM Nuvo Fusion 10

gena

I used to always do Friday photos...so guess what????  They are back :D.

I took these with my fellow blasto lovers in mind :)

Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 11.06.56 AM

Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 11.07.13 AM

Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 11.08.42 AM

Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 11.08.56 AM

Is NR kinda glitchy for anyone else?  Seems like I get a lot of lag on here now.  Wondering if it's just me or not???? :huh:

• Like 10
  • Wow 1
21 hours ago, gena said:

Is NR kinda glitchy for anyone else?  Seems like I get a lot of lag on here now.  Wondering if it's just me or not???? :huh:

:wub:

I just picked up a Magician paly and a blasto that is red outside with sky blue middle yesterday.  Can't wait to get good pics of them! :happy:

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

:wub:

I just picked up a Magician paly and a blasto that is red outside with sky blue middle yesterday.  Can't wait to get good pics of them! :happy:

I have always loved magicians!  They get really plump heads on them and their starry centers :wub:.  Great pickup!!!!  And of course you can't go wrong with blastos :).  I hope you can get a good pic of the blenny today too fingerscrossed.

Just now, gena said:

I have always loved magicians!  They get really plump heads on them and their starry centers :wub:.  Great pickup!!!!  And of course you can't go wrong with blastos :).  I hope you can get a good pic of the blenny today too fingerscrossed.

Yes, I've had my eye on them for a while but hadn't been able to find them.  This one's head is at least nickel-sized and so many stars! :wub: Only one head but hey, take what you can get, right?

Me too, hopefully he will cooperate, little cute booger!

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Yes, I've had my eye on them for a while but hadn't been able to find them.  This one's head is at least nickel-sized and so many stars! :wub: Only one head but hey, take what you can get, right?

Me too, hopefully he will cooperate, little cute booger!

Yep, magicians are one of those that I always have to have in my tank.  I actually have them but they have been overrun by the pink palys. Last I saw there were a few closed up heads left on them.  Magicians, pink hippos, and mushrooms....on my list for hunting at RAP.  Plus any other palys that catch my eye :D.

7 minutes ago, cju84 said:

Ohhhhh..  Love the purple with blue interior blastos!!!

Aren't they great?  I love them too!  I got those from reefgardener.net.  I think she always has those in stock too.  I haven't looked recently, but they have always been there ever time I've looked.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, gena said:

Yep, magicians are one of those that I always have to have in my tank.  I actually have them but they have been overrun by the pink palys. Last I saw there were a few closed up heads left on them.  Magicians, pink hippos, and mushrooms....on my list for hunting at RAP.  Plus any other palys that catch my eye :D.

Aren't they great?  I love them too!  I got those from reefgardener.net.  I think she always has those in stock too.  I haven't looked recently, but they have always been there ever time I've looked.

If you ever look at an order from Legendary Corals, check out the purpleberry fantasy zoas.  They are purple and glittery and oh gosh so beautiful!  I love mine. :wub:  Also my blondies because they are bright and sunny! :happy:

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

If you ever look at an order from Legendary Corals, check out the purpleberry fantasy zoas.  They are purple and glittery and oh gosh so beautiful!  I love mine. :wub:  Also my blondies because they are bright and sunny! :happy:

Just looked them up :wub:.  I think @Legendary Corals is supposed to be a RAP next month!!!!  I hope they bring those and a bunch of others that look amazing :D.

• Like 1
On 9/1/2017 at 2:18 PM, gena said:

Yes always takes forever to submit a post. I find a lot of people double post. Sometimes I feel like the old dial up days lol. Beautiful pics as usual.  

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, gena said:

Just looked them up :wub:.  I think @Legendary Corals is supposed to be a RAP next month!!!!  I hope they bring those and a bunch of others that look amazing :D.

The punk princesses might be up your alley too, I've got some of those beauties as well!  And another pink and purple I can't recall the name of right off the bat lol.

17 minutes ago, Lawnman said:

Yes always takes forever to submit a post. I find a lot of people double post. Sometimes I feel like the old dial up days lol. Beautiful pics as usual.  

I've noticed I randomly double post sometimes too, even if only submitting the post once.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, gena said:

Ooh I just thought of this--maybe you could contact them and ask them to bring some of the ones you are interested in!

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Lawnman said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one.  I thought it was just my computer.

18 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Ooh I just thought of this--maybe you could contact them and ask them to bring some of the ones you are interested in!

I thought about that :).  I tagged them in hopes that they see this and bring some purpleberry fantasies at least.  I plan to buy a few different types of palys from them????  for my pico bowl/tank in planning.

I'm wondering if I might be able to transport a pico bowl across country.  That sounds pretty easy, right?  I'd have to really pack it well, but seems I could easily bring it into a hotel room at night along the way and plug it in.  I won't be able to transfer my 10 that way.  But I may be able to have my LFS ship that stuff to me once settled.

I have so many plans...I hope they work out LOL.

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, gena said:

I thought about that :).  I tagged them in hopes that they see this and bring some purpleberry fantasies at least.  I plan to buy a few different types of palys from them????  for my pico bowl/tank in planning.

I'm wondering if I might be able to transport a pico bowl across country.  That sounds pretty easy, right?  I'd have to really pack it well, but seems I could easily bring it into a hotel room at night along the way and plug it in.  I won't be able to transfer my 10 that way.  But I may be able to have my LFS ship that stuff to me once settled.

I do really think you could do that, yes. 

And omg, those Blastos!!!!! :wub:

• Like 1
Christopher Marks

Sorry about the site lag everyone, I'll have the techs take a look! It may have been a temporary issue from yesterday, but if you ever notice things acting up for more than just a few minutes don't be afraid to send me a PM or use the contact form at the bottom of the page.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Sorry about the site lag everyone, I'll have the techs take a look! It may have been a temporary issue from yesterday, but if you ever notice things acting up for more than just a few minutes don't be afraid to send me a PM or use the contact form at the bottom of the page.

Thanks Chris. It's been going on for a few weeks. It's mainly when you hit the submit reply button it then says saving and sits on saving for a long while. Sometimes it never clicks to show the post and I just click the nano-reef screen again and can see on the home screen my post was new so I assume it has posted. I know sometimes people have been hitting the button that says saving  again and it doubles and triples your post. Just feedback not complaining ;) 

But it does seem better today! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, gena said:

Are you thinking for moving?  When I moved to Texas years ago, I'd packed my corals in bags or containers or something in a cooler with hot hands heat packs (it was winter) and brought them into the hotel overnight.  It was only a two day drive though, and I'm sure Cali to the Midwest will be longer than that!

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

You could totally take a bowl with you!!  Nudge nudge...:)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

It's definitely not as bad today as it was yesterday.  But I've noticed it for a couple of weeks now.  I think yesterday was just especially bad.  I can deal with it, not a big deal.  I just wanted to know if it was just me or everyone LOL.

3 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Are you thinking for moving?  When I moved to Texas years ago, I'd packed my corals in bags or containers or something in a cooler with hot hands heat packs (it was winter) and brought them into the hotel overnight.  It was only a two day drive though, and I'm sure Cali to the Midwest will be longer than that!

Yeah, it would be probably 4-5 days of travel.  I would try to keep it all in the bowl and not remove anything.  The hard part would be making sure the rocks don't shift and break the glass.  Not sure how I'd go about that unless I just make sure it's very secure in the bowl.  maybe I'll epoxy all the pieces together and then epoxy that to the bottom glass and then put sand around it.  Hmmmmm....something to think about.

I wonder how long it will be before the new contest is announced. I know @Christopher Marks said "fall".  That could be Sept, Oct, or Nov. :D

3 hours ago, SeaFurn said:

You could totally take a bowl with you!!  Nudge nudge...:)

You don't have to nudge me :lol:.  I've already fallen off the pico cliff LOL.  Can't wait to get it up and going :D.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

where you moving to?!?!  I love hearing about people's life changing decisions / stories.  My life so boring =(.

What do you mean?  You are always traveling somewhere it seems.  The Caribbean or San Francisco :).  We are headed east.  Specifically Stamford, Connecticut.  That's where the job is for my husband.  He can transfer through his current employer.  Just have to wait a year.  My son is in his senior year of high school so we're gonna wait that out.  And then we are freeeeeee :lol:

It will be 15 years next summer that we've been out here.   Before we moved out I said no more than 5 years LOL.  Things were just too good to leave after 5 years.  And then my son made friends and I just didn't want to pull him away from that.  He's totally on board with moving out of here after graduation though, thank goodness.  I don't want to leave him out here alone.

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, gena said:

What do you mean?  You are always traveling somewhere it seems.  The Caribbean or San Francisco :).  We are headed east.  Specifically Stamford, Connecticut.  That's where the job is for my husband.  He can transfer through his current employer.  Just have to wait a year.  My son is in his senior year of high school so we're gonna wait that out.  And then we are freeeeeee :lol:

It will be 15 years next summer that we've been out here.   Before we moved out I said no more than 5 years LOL.  Things were just too good to leave after 5 years.  And then my son made friends and I just didn't want to pull him away from that.  He's totally on board with moving out of here after graduation though, thank goodness.  I don't want to leave him out here alone.

I will be in San Fran in a two months again =P.  I love visiting my nieces and being close to the ocean.  But a long weekend is very different than moving cross country =P.  It's a year away but so excited for you.  I have a friend that just moved from Chicago to Portland, Maine over the summer, and she LOVES it.  Wait till winter comes though...hahahah

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

I will be in San Fran in a two months again =P.  I love visiting my nieces and being close to the ocean.  But a long weekend is very different than moving cross country =P.  It's a year away but so excited for you.  I have a friend that just moved from Chicago to Portland, Maine over the summer, and she LOVES it.  Wait till winter comes though...hahahah

I haven't experienced winter for a really long time.  I think it sounds great now, but I think I'll quickly hate it once we are there LOL.  The snow is pretty though.  I'm ok with it at Christmas time and then I want it out.  I will miss the warmer winters during the months of January and February, for sure.  Ah well...no place can be absolutely perfect for me LOL.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, gena said:

It's definitely not as bad today as it was yesterday.  But I've noticed it for a couple of weeks now.  I think yesterday was just especially bad.  I can deal with it, not a big deal.  I just wanted to know if it was just me or everyone LOL.

Yeah, it would be probably 4-5 days of travel.  I would try to keep it all in the bowl and not remove anything.  The hard part would be making sure the rocks don't shift and break the glass.  Not sure how I'd go about that unless I just make sure it's very secure in the bowl.  maybe I'll epoxy all the pieces together and then epoxy that to the bottom glass and then put sand around it.  Hmmmmm....something to think about.

I wonder how long it will be before the new contest is announced. I know @Christopher Marks said "fall".  That could be Sept, Oct, or Nov. :D

You don't have to nudge me :lol:.  I've already fallen off the pico cliff LOL.  Can't wait to get it up and going :D.

Yeah, I am anxiously awaiting the announcement because I want to get a bigger tank up and running soon lol.  I want clowns!

1 hour ago, gena said:

I totally forgot it was to CT and not to the Midwest, think I was remembering you were from the Midwest lol. :lol:

• Like 1