SaltCritters.com

Gena's IM Nuvo Fusion 10

gena

18 minutes ago, gena said:

The mud looks fun :D.

Here's one more picture.  My green clown goby is hanging out on the leather.  Looks so cozy!!!!!

Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 5.22.42 PM

Love my GCG. Anyway to watch the interview now that it's over? I would like to see it!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, gena said:

Anyone see him on CNN??????  I am a proud big sister :lol:.  He called me when he found the dog...or the dog found him :D.   I think animals instinctively know a good person.  Now he's back out there trying to help a friend's sister out.  I'm not sure there is much he can do since she's stuck on an overpass.  I can't even imagine what those people are going through.  And it's not over yet.  This is bad!!!!!

LMAO

He was on Fox and Friends this morning.  We had a big laugh about that one :lol:.

Thank you so much!  I really don't need the mp10 in there, but it does help the gorgonians.  It's set on the very lowest setting.   I believe the reef crest mode.

I saw it! You should be proud, he did a great job. It's so scary what people are going through in Texas right now, it's just awful. I'm glad there are people like your brother that are out there helping!

• Like 3
10 hours ago, gena said:

AWESOME!  I hope it works out that we both get to do the contest :D.

I have to RUN and do my errands.  Need to be home by 3:30pm to watch my brother on CNN.  He rescued a dog during hurricane Harvey and his search for the owner went viral.  He's been on Fox News, CNN international, He'll be on GMA tomorrow morning.  And Inside Edition wants him.  It's pretty crazy.  Anyways, he's doing a live interview on CNN at 6:30pm eastern time today, so I need to run and be home in time to watch :lol:.

Check it out if you have the time :).

Me too! :happy:

I think I saw a brief bit of that interview in the break room, that's so cool that's your brother! Good on him for helping that dog!

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Lawnman said:

Love my GCG. Anyway to watch the interview now that it's over? I would like to see it!

Aren't they the best???  :D

I can't find the CNN interview online.  Here's the fox and friends though.  The CNN is way better.  Longer and just better.  Must be because it's fake news :lol:.

13 hours ago, teenyreef said:

I saw it! You should be proud, he did a great job. It's so scary what people are going through in Texas right now, it's just awful. I'm glad there are people like your brother that are out there helping!

Thanks, John!!!!!  It's horrible what is happening down there.  I was just in a NR posters thread.  Seeing the pictures is just heartbreaking.  And more rain on the way :(.

8 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Me too! :happy:

I think I saw a brief bit of that interview in the break room, that's so cool that's your brother! Good on him for helping that dog!

Awesome!  My brother is a dog lover.  Well, animal lover in general.  Our whole family is that way.  It was just natural for him to want to help the dog.  There was a police officer there when he found him.  The police officer didn't want the dog.  He said just let him go "wherever" :o.  My brother just couldn't do that to the poor thing.  And now he's safe at home. 

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, gena said:

Thanks, John!!!!!  It's horrible what is happening down there.  I was just in a NR posters thread.  Seeing the pictures is just heartbreaking.  And more rain on the way :(.

Awesome!  My brother is a dog lover.  Well, animal lover in general.  Our whole family is that way.  It was just natural for him to want to help the dog.  There was a police officer there when he found him.  The police officer didn't want the dog.  He said just let him go "wherever" :o.  My brother just couldn't do that to the poor thing.  And now he's safe at home. 

Very cool of your brother!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, cju84 said:

Very cool of your brother!

He's a great guy.  I wish he had a safer hobby, but at least he's helping people and animals out in the process.  He's doing what he loves.   I'm hoping to storm chase with him one day :D.

He just told me he'll be on NPR this afternoon.  4:30pm EST.  It's a recorded interview.  It will be on during the show "All Things Considered". 

I'm really happy for him.  A good deed has turned into a lot of exposure for his storm chasing career.  He wants to eventually storm chase full time.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, gena said:

He's a great guy.  I wish he had a safer hobby, but at least he's helping people and animals out in the process.  He's doing what he loves.   I'm hoping to storm chase with him one day :D.

He just told me he'll be on NPR this afternoon.  4:30pm EST.  It's a recorded interview.  It will be on during the show "All Things Considered". 

I'm really happy for him.  A good deed has turned into a lot of exposure for his storm chasing career.  He wants to eventually storm chase full time.

That's so cool!  I listen to that segment a lot, I'll tune in today.  Just saw them do "Wait wait Don't Tell Me" a couple weeks ago live in Chicago.  Huge crowd!

I think I would need to be in a legit tank to do storm chasing.  Those guys are something else!

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, cju84 said:

That's so cool!  I listen to that segment a lot, I'll tune in today.  Just saw them do "Wait wait Don't Tell Me" a couple weeks ago live in Chicago.  Huge crowd!

I think I would need to be in a legit tank to do storm chasing.  Those guys are something else!

Yeah, NPR is a pretty big deal.  Lots of us out there that listen.  That's cool you got to see a live show :).  This reminds me of the time many years ago.  I was with my family at what I think was called Chicago Fest?????  Do they still do that?  Anyways, I mention it because I watched a live recording of a radio show.  Couldn't tell you what it was about.  But I have an image of sailboats on Lake Michigan, beautiful blue water and sunny skies, and listening to the show :D.   I was pretty young LOL.

I hear you about the tank.  If I go, I'll have a football helmet or bicycle helmet with me LOL.  My brother is very safe though.  He doesn't do the risky stuff that a lot of guys do.  He's a smart chaser!  Now there is always a chance that something could go wrong because things can be unpredictable.  I always worry more about other drivers and lightning getting him than an actual tornado.

I just looked it up.  ChicagoFest.  So I was like 7 at the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ChicagoFest

14 minutes ago, gena said:

Yeah, NPR is a pretty big deal.  Lots of us out there that listen.  That's cool you got to see a live show :).  This reminds me of the time many years ago.  I was with my family at what I think was called Chicago Fest?????  Do they still do that?  Anyways, I mention it because I watched a live recording of a radio show.  Couldn't tell you what it was about.  But I have an image of sailboats on Lake Michigan, beautiful blue water and sunny skies, and listening to the show :D.   I was pretty young LOL.

I hear you about the tank.  If I go, I'll have a football helmet or bicycle helmet with me LOL.  My brother is very safe though.  He doesn't do the risky stuff that a lot of guys do.  He's a smart chaser!  Now there is always a chance that something could go wrong because things can be unpredictable.  I always worry more about other drivers and lightning getting him than an actual tornado.

I just looked it up.  ChicagoFest.  So I was like 7 at the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ChicagoFest

I hadn't heard of ChicagoFest before.  Wonder if they still do that?  Sounded like fun!  They do Lollapalooza every year here.  I went several years in a row but now it's a MUCH younger crowd and just too packed for my liking.  I don't like to touch other people (or have them touch me) in a crowd.  Plus, the bathroom lines are insane and I have a bladder of a peanut.

NPR regularly does Wait Wait Don't Tell me at the Chase building downtown.  It's a SMALL auditorium so the tickets are hard to grab.

Ohhh.... Didn't even consider the other drivers on the road... Especially during a major storm.  I stand by my military grade tank.

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, cju84 said:

I hadn't heard of ChicagoFest before.  Wonder if they still do that?  Sounded like fun!  They do Lollapalooza every year here.  I went several years in a row but now it's a MUCH younger crowd and just too packed for my liking.  I don't like to touch other people (or have them touch me) in a crowd.  Plus, the bathroom lines are insane and I have a bladder of a peanut.

NPR regularly does Wait Wait Don't Tell me at the Chase building downtown.  It's a SMALL auditorium so the tickets are hard to grab.

Ohhh.... Didn't even consider the other drivers on the road... Especially during a major storm.  I stand by my military grade tank.

Looks like it was discontinued in 82 or 83.  I think politics came into play.  Always politics :lol:.  I totally remember it being a lot of fun though.

I hear you about big crowds LOL.  And the bathroom thing...hahaha.  Plus public restrooms at big events are just nasty anyways.

I'll have to tell my husband. He's a big NPR fan.  I listen but not as much as he does. 

Yep, I'm with you on military grade tank,  all the way!

• Like 1

Anyone else make water for a water change.  It's all ready to go.  And you get so distracted that you forget all about it?  Hahaha...yeah, I know I'm not the only one.  I didn't want to wait until tomorrow so I quickly did it before lights were out.  And here's a few post water change photos before day went to night.....

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 6.01.09 PM

Harry McSnail

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 6.01.31 PM

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 6.02.01 PM

• Like 7
15 minutes ago, gena said:

Anyone else make water for a water change.  It's all ready to go.  And you get so distracted that you forget all about it?  Hahaha...yeah, I know I'm not the only one.  I didn't want to wait until tomorrow so I quickly did it before lights were out.  And here's a few post water change photos before day went to night.....

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 6.01.09 PM

Harry McSnail

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 6.01.31 PM

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 6.02.01 PM

I let my water mix sometimes for 7 days before I get to it :lol: the tank looks great! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Yeah, sometimes I would mix water with the intention of doing a water change and then get lazy and not do the water change and just let the water keep mixing for a week :lol:

Beautiful photos!  I'm loving the zoas and it was nice to see the PSW hanging out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Merthynia said:

Your tank is just so breathtaking Gena!! I can't wait to get another pink streaked wrasse to liven up my little tank! Yours is so adorable!

Awww....thanks!!!!  This little guy is so sweet.  He's exactly like my last PSW.  Cute little personalities.  Yeah, all tanks need one :).

7 minutes ago, Lawnman said:

I let my water mix sometimes for 7 days before I get to it :lol: the tank looks great! 

Thanks, Lawn :flower:  Hahaha.....when I wait I get a white crusty buildup in the bucket.  Maybe it has to do with the heater being on in there????:huh: I need to be a more laid back reefer LOL.

2 minutes ago, Felicia said:

Yeah, sometimes I would mix water with the intention of doing a water change and then get lazy and not do the water change and just let the water keep mixing for a week :lol:

Beautiful photos!  I'm loving the zoas and it was nice to see the PSW hanging out.

I clearly need to be a more laid back reefer :lol:

Thanks, Felicia :)  Notice how fat he is?  I noticed that today.  He's a big eater and constantly foraging.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
29 minutes ago, gena said:

Thanks, Felicia :)  Notice how fat he is?  I noticed that today.  He's a big eater and constantly foraging.

Or you not being a laid back reefer is why your tanks always look so good. Maybe don't copy our slacker ways! :lol: 

I don't know if it's just the perspective, but he looks pretty tiny. But like tiny and fat!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Felicia said:

Or you not being a laid back reefer is why your tanks always look so good. Maybe don't copy our slacker ways! :lol: 

I don't know if it's just the perspective, but he looks pretty tiny. But like tiny and fat!

Yeah, but both you and Lawn's tanks always look amazing so I think I just need to be a more laid back reefer :lol:.

He is pretty tiny.  but yes, tiny and fat!

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, gena said:

Awww....thanks!!!!  This little guy is so sweet.  He's exactly like my last PSW.  Cute little personalities.  Yeah, all tanks need one :).

Thanks, Lawn :flower:  Hahaha.....when I wait I get a white crusty buildup in the bucket.  Maybe it has to do with the heater being on in there????:huh: I need to be a more laid back reefer LOL.

Crusty or just white residue? I get the white residue but still use it :P 

Haha I do the same thing sometimes my water change water sits for a week before I get to it. I just leave it mixing and the pump keeps it warm. Just have to check the salinity before using it lol

• Like 2
4 hours ago, jstuver said:

Haha I do the same thing sometimes my water change water sits for a week before I get to it. I just leave it mixing and the pump keeps it warm. Just have to check the salinity before using it lol

I do the same, leave it mixing, check salinity, add some distilled water, check again later, then use it. I may or may not have about three gallons that have been mixing a week or better lol

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, vlangel said:

I mix my water in a brute for a whole week's worth of water changes.

Probably about the same proportionately! #picolife :lol:

12 hours ago, Lawnman said:

Crusty or just white residue? I get the white residue but still use it :P 

I guess just white residue.  It covers the powerhead and the sides of the bucket.  I feel like aged water won't be as good but I'm sure it's fine.  I just like to get things done when I say I'm going to do it.  Maybe I'm OCD :D