Innovative Marine Aquariums

Gena's IM Nuvo Fusion 10

gena

30 minutes ago, gena said:

I'll have to look at yours again.  I saw one in @Pjanssen contest tank that I LOVE!  It looks light yellow/white.  When I move, I'm pretty sure I'm going to upgrade this tank to the IM14 and then I can add more gorgonians and go all softie/gorgonian.  No LPS :o.  That's gonna be hard with my love of blastos so strong LOL.  But that's my goal.  I want ultra low maintenance so I can travel and not have to worry about dosing.  Simple is the key :).

I just got mine at a LFS. It is yellow/orange with white polyps. The polyps look red when not open. I don't know the exact species though, but it comes from Florida waters

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Yeah I'm hoping to go heavy on the gorgs in the GSP garden and later a bit larger tank. Macros too! Soft, lush and easy, with just a few stonies, is the look I'm going for.

Same minus the stonies :D.  I may be able to keep the 10 actually.  Without the LPS, I'll have plenty of room for gorgs and softies.

5 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

I just got mine at a LFS. It is yellow/orange with white polyps. The polyps look red when not open. I don't know the exact species though, but it comes from Florida waters

I just looked again.  It's the one you have labeled as Yellow Sea Whip.  So pretty!  That's KPA, right?

• Like 2
Just now, gena said:

I just looked again.  It's the one you have labeled as Yellow Sea Whip.  So pretty!  That's KPA, right?

Yes! looks more tan than yellow though, and polyps are also tan. I love it even though it's not really yellow.Came from KPA. I'm going to be ordering some more from him soon 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Pjanssen said:

Yes! looks more tan than yellow though, and polyps are also tan. I love it even though it's not really yellow.Came from KPA. I'm going to be ordering some more from him soon 

That one is my very favorite in your tank.  I'll definitely being adding one of those in the future :).

• Like 2
7 hours ago, gena said:

I'll have to look at yours again.  I saw one in @Pjanssen contest tank that I LOVE!  It looks light yellow/white.  When I move, I'm pretty sure I'm going to upgrade this tank to the IM14 and then I can add more gorgonians and go all softie/gorgonian.  No LPS :o.  That's gonna be hard with my love of blastos so strong LOL.  But that's my goal.  I want ultra low maintenance so I can travel and not have to worry about dosing.  Simple is the key :).

Copying me now, huh? :P  Just teasing!  You and I are always such bad influences on each other.  I am basically copying your IM10 by going back to small and easy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
11 hours ago, Felicia said:

Copying me now, huh? :P  Just teasing!  You and I are always such bad influences on each other.  I am basically copying your IM10 by going back to small and easy!

Hahaha.....I guess so :blush: .  Well, we'll see what happens.  If I re-use the 10g I'm still gonna go all softies/gorgonians.  KISS :D.  I'm really tempted by the 14 though.  And, I figured out it will fit on my current stand if I turn it sideways like yours.  Which I like the way that looks better anyways.  I'm working on owning every tank that IM makes :lol:.  I've had the Lagoon, the 10, and the drop-off.  There's a few more to go :blush:.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, SquishyFishy said:

Hope they're making them better than they used to.....my first one cracked at the bend.

The new IM Fusion tanks don't have bent glass.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, SquishyFishy said:

Hope they're making them better than they used to.....my first one cracked at the bend.

I don't think they make them with bends anymore.  Lesson learned!  Another lesson is to not use acrylic for a drop off LOL.  Really, the tanks I've had (besides the drop-off) have been top quality.  They make super nice glass tanks!

• Like 1
On 8/22/2017 at 4:37 PM, Lula_Mae said:

I went back and looked on my old thread and thankfully I'd put the name on there--it's ReefGen.  They only do wholesale though.  It really is gorgeous!  Though I am loving the Biota Hicksomella species I got from LA, it's been fluffing up for days now and looking so pretty!

Yep - Reefgen, they use the little black star shaped frag plugs that I love because they look natural, and they're soft so it's easy to break off pieces of them. They only sell through other vendors, but I'm lucky because one of the closest LFS's to me is the Reefgen vendor here. Unfortunately, the quality of their tanks and systems isn't that great, and the Reefgen stuff is a little pricey. So sometimes I watch for when they get a new shipment and pick something up before it starts to decline. That's where I got my inferno mushrooms, and the zoas that I just posted in my 40g thread.

Reefgen is a cool company, their coral farm is Joe Yaiullo's famous 20,00 gallon reef tank, the Long Island Aquarium, and Reefgen is run by Laura Birenbaum and Justin Credabel. I met Joe and Laura at our local coral show last year, after Joe was named MASNA's Aquarist of the Year. They were both really nice people, and I only found out later that they had recently gotten engaged :)

I think Unique Corals carries Reefgen stuff.

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Yep - Reefgen, they use the little black star shaped frag plugs that I love because they look natural, and they're soft so it's easy to break off pieces of them. They only sell through other vendors, but I'm lucky because one of the closest LFS's to me is the Reefgen vendor here. Unfortunately, the quality of their tanks and systems isn't that great, and the Reefgen stuff is a little pricey. So sometimes I watch for when they get a new shipment and pick something up before it starts to decline. That's where I got my inferno mushrooms, and the zoas that I just posted in my 40g thread.

Reefgen is a cool company, their coral farm is Joe Yaiullo's famous 20,00 gallon reef tank, the Long Island Aquarium, and Reefgen is run by Laura Birenbaum and Justin Credabel. I met Joe and Laura at our local coral show last year, after Joe was named MASNA's Aquarist of the Year. They were both really nice people, and I only found out later that they had recently gotten engaged :)

I think Unique Corals carries Reefgen stuff.

Yes, I remember all of that now that you mention it.  I knew it was all related to the Long Island Aquarium somehow :).

• Like 3

Small, overgrown, tank problems....can't clean the class so easily :lol:.  But look at this.  I always love discovering new growth on my corals.  Look at the new heads of the blasto on the sand :wub:.

Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 1.24.13 PM

D'awwwwwwww....someone got scared of the camera and swam to the palys for protection :wub:.

Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 1.24.34 PM

Anything new with anyone today?  Sunday funday :D.  I'm dropping of donations (trying to declutter), and grocery shopping.  Gonna look at the glasswares at the Goodwill while I'm there to see if they have anything cool I could use in the next nano-reef pico contest :D.  Just in case it works out that way, I'll have something to use.  I don't think I've ever done any contest tanks yet :unsure:.  Sounds fun!

• Like 10

Wife and I did an obstacle course yesterday so spending today recovering.  We are both so sore!  I need to declutter my place.  I still have unopened boxes of random crap in the basement that I need to donate or sell from almost 2 years ago now...

• Like 2
Just now, ninjamyst said:

Wife and I did an obstacle course yesterday so spending today recovering.  We are both so sore!  I need to declutter my place.  I still have unopened boxes of random crap in the basement that I need to donate or sell from almost 2 years ago now...

What sort of obstacle course?  Is that fitness lingo? :D

We are starting early on decluttering before the move next year fingerscrossed.  That time is gonna go fast and I don't want to be stressed toward the end.  I have a lot of crap too LOL.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, gena said:

Small, overgrown, tank problems....can't clean the class so easily :lol:.  But look at this.  I always love discovering new growth on my corals.  Look at the new heads of the blasto on the sand :wub:.

D'awwwwwwww....someone got scared of the camera and swam to the palys for protection :wub:.

Anything new with anyone today?  Sunday funday :D.  I'm dropping of donations (trying to declutter), and grocery shopping.  Gonna look at the glasswares at the Goodwill while I'm there to see if they have anything cool I could use in the next nano-reef pico contest :D.  Just in case it works out that way, I'll have something to use.  I don't think I've ever done any contest tanks yet :unsure:.  Sounds fun!

I slept all day lol.  Work tonight!  I haven't done a contest either, timing has never worked with my budget. :closedeyes: Hopefully this next time!

Oh, and tank is beautiful!

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I slept all day lol.  Work tonight!  I haven't done a contest either, timing has never worked with my budget. :closedeyes: Hopefully this next time!

Oh, and tank is beautiful!

AWESOME!  I hope it works out that we both get to do the contest :D.

I have to RUN and do my errands.  Need to be home by 3:30pm to watch my brother on CNN.  He rescued a dog during hurricane Harvey and his search for the owner went viral.  He's been on Fox News, CNN international, He'll be on GMA tomorrow morning.  And Inside Edition wants him.  It's pretty crazy.  Anyways, he's doing a live interview on CNN at 6:30pm eastern time today, so I need to run and be home in time to watch :lol:.

Check it out if you have the time :).

• Like 5

Gena, those blastos are just amazing! I think those are definitely your signature corals. Hard to believe you have such huge colonies in that little tank! Stunning! The Fiji leather looks so much better already. It appears to get getting a bit of a yellow tinge back :happydance:

Today I've been working on cleaning up the tank build mess. All the equipment is set up and the rocks are scaped, so now the tank just gets to sit for a couple weeks and cycle. So I cleaned up all the supplies and mess and reorganized my tank supplies storage baskets. Also, there may be a video processing right now....

Now I'm off to the grocery store to get supplies to bake vanilla cheesecake with fresh strawberry sauce.  I've got friends coming over to watch the Game of Thrones finale tonight and it was my turn to make the dessert. Who's excited for the GoT finale?! Gena, you're watching tonight right?

4 minutes ago, gena said:

I have to RUN and do my errands.  Need to be home by 3:30pm to watch my brother on CNN.  He rescued a dog during hurricane Harvey and his search for the owner went viral.  He's been on Fox News, CNN international, He'll be on GMA tomorrow morning.  And Inside Edition wants him.  It's pretty crazy.  Anyways, he's doing a live interview on CNN at 6:30pm eastern time today, so I need to run and be home in time to watch :lol:.

I saw some of the posts about this on Facebook. So sweet of him to help that dog!

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, gena said:

Fake news fake news :D 

• Haha 1
55 minutes ago, gena said:

What sort of obstacle course?  Is that fitness lingo? :D

We are starting early on decluttering before the move next year fingerscrossed.  That time is gonna go fast and I don't want to be stressed toward the end.  I have a lot of crap too LOL.

We did Rugged Maniac, 5k course with 25 obstacles and lots and lots of mud.  These photos will give you an idea of what we did =P.  

https://ruggedmaniac.com/photos/

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gena said:

I love the scaredy fish pic!!!!

• Like 1

Anyone see him on CNN??????  I am a proud big sister :lol:.  He called me when he found the dog...or the dog found him :D.   I think animals instinctively know a good person.  Now he's back out there trying to help a friend's sister out.  I'm not sure there is much he can do since she's stuck on an overpass.  I can't even imagine what those people are going through.  And it's not over yet.  This is bad!!!!!

1 hour ago, Lawnman said:

Fake news fake news :D 

LMAO

He was on Fox and Friends this morning.  We had a big laugh about that one :lol:.

7 minutes ago, Tautoo said:

Your tank is incredible!  If you don't mind me asking what settings do you run your mp10 on?

Thank you so much!  I really don't need the mp10 in there, but it does help the gorgonians.  It's set on the very lowest setting.   I believe the reef crest mode.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Felicia said:

Gena, those blastos are just amazing! I think those are definitely your signature corals. Hard to believe you have such huge colonies in that little tank! Stunning! The Fiji leather looks so much better already. It appears to get getting a bit of a yellow tinge back :happydance:

Today I've been working on cleaning up the tank build mess. All the equipment is set up and the rocks are scaped, so now the tank just gets to sit for a couple weeks and cycle. So I cleaned up all the supplies and mess and reorganized my tank supplies storage baskets. Also, there may be a video processing right now....

Now I'm off to the grocery store to get supplies to bake vanilla cheesecake with fresh strawberry sauce.  I've got friends coming over to watch the Game of Thrones finale tonight and it was my turn to make the dessert. Who's excited for the GoT finale?! Gena, you're watching tonight right?

I saw some of the posts about this on Facebook. So sweet of him to help that dog!

Thanks, Felicia!!!!  Yeah, I love the blastos and the trumpets.  My very favorite LPS.  I want to eventually do all softies, but I will have a very hard time with that.  I may cheat a little and keep those two in addition.  Yep, the fiji has much improved!  I noticed that today as well.  It's opening up pretty big too :scarry:.  I'm going to try and wait and not cut it since it's still in recovery mode. 

Sweet!  Can't wait for the video.  And GoT omgomgomg .  Heck yeah, I'll be watching!!!!  Can't wait!!!!   I'm sure we'll be texting late tonight about it again LOL.  That cheesecake sounds amazing...enjoy!!!!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

We did Rugged Maniac, 5k course with 25 obstacles and lots and lots of mud.  These photos will give you an idea of what we did =P.  

https://ruggedmaniac.com/photos/

The mud looks fun :D.

Here's one more picture.  My green clown goby is hanging out on the leather.  Looks so cozy!!!!!

Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 5.22.42 PM

• Like 6