Innovative Marine Aquariums

Gena's IM Nuvo Fusion 10

gena

Ok....now for some bizarre news LOL.

I have an over 70 pound box sitting on my front porch right now from Innovative Marine :wacko:.  I pulled the packing slip off and looked.  In this box is the Aqua Gadget Hydrofill reservoir which I was GOING to get with my credit from the drop-off.  I was going to get that and the 25 g Lagoon tank.  It was on backorder (the reservoir) which was fine.  I didn't mind waiting.  But a few days (or hours lol) later I decided to go with the 10 gallon tank instead of the reservoir.  Apparently they never took me off the waiting list for the reservoir.  So that's in the box.  But 70 pounds?  That doesn't weigh THAT much LOL.  There is ALSO a 25 gallon Lagoon tank in the box :lol:

I quickly gave them a call, hahaha.  They are going to call me back.  Hey...I'll take a free reservoir if they want to let me keep it.  No thanks on the tank.  I didn't say that to them of course.  I'm expecting they'll have FedEx back here soon to pick the box up.  I didn't even attempt to bring it inside. 

interesting, huh? :D

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
44 minutes ago, gena said:

I have an over 70 pound box sitting on my front porch right now from Innovative Marine :wacko:.  I pulled the packing slip off and looked.  In this box is the Aqua Gadget Hydrofill reservoir which I was GOING to get with my credit from the drop-off.  I was going to get that and the 25 g Lagoon tank.  It was on backorder (the reservoir) which was fine.  I didn't mind waiting.  But a few days (or hours lol) later I decided to go with the 10 gallon tank instead of the reservoir.  Apparently they never took me off the waiting list for the reservoir.  So that's in the box.  But 70 pounds?  That doesn't weigh THAT much LOL.  There is ALSO a 25 gallon Lagoon tank in the box :lol:

I quickly gave them a call, hahaha.  They are going to call me back.  Hey...I'll take a free reservoir if they want to let me keep it.  No thanks on the tank.  I didn't say that to them of course.  I'm expecting they'll have FedEx back here soon to pick the box up.  I didn't even attempt to bring it inside. 

That's hilarious!  Apparently some wires got crossed somewhere lol.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gena said:

Whoah!! :blink:

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

That's hilarious!  Apparently some wires got crossed somewhere lol.

For sure.  I'm now the proud owner of a brand new ATO Reservoir...this thing is super nice!  And I have a 25 gallon fusion Lagoon for sale if anyone is in the market for one :wacko:. They said it was their mistake and they didn't want to burden me with the return so I can keep them if I want them.  I couldn't refuse LOL.

Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 7.23.22 PM.png

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

I feel you on the being burned out, I keep telling my husband that I can't decide if I want to keep my 60g (that I set up not long ago) going or just keep my IM10 as I love it because it's so easy! He says I need to keep it as I love big corals haha.

Your tank looks awesome as always. 

And holy cow on marine depot! They really are a great company to work with!

• Like 2
6 hours ago, gena said:

For sure.  I'm now the proud owner of a brand new ATO Reservoir...this thing is super nice!  And I have a 25 gallon fusion Lagoon for sale if anyone is in the market for one :wacko:. They said it was their mistake and they didn't want to burden me with the return so I can keep them if I want them.  I couldn't refuse LOL.

Wow, that is super nice!  More money to spend on other things, then!  Maybe macrame rope! :lol:

• Like 2
9 hours ago, gena said:

Wow, that's awesome!!

If I were local to you that Lagoon might be tempting. 

• Like 1
On 8/2/2017 at 7:27 PM, gena said:

Awesome mistake!  Too bad they didn't accidentally send you a slightly smaller IM tank because I could have been convinced to come take it off your hands :)  Nice reservoir!

• Like 1
On 8/3/2017 at 1:51 AM, jstuver said:

I feel you on the being burned out, I keep telling my husband that I can't decide if I want to keep my 60g (that I set up not long ago) going or just keep my IM10 as I love it because it's so easy! He says I need to keep it as I love big corals haha.

Your tank looks awesome as always. 

And holy cow on marine depot! They really are a great company to work with!

Hey, I wouldn't judge if you took down the 60.  I know exactly how you feel ;).  Thanks!  And Marine Depot DOES rock.  But in this case it was Innovative Marine's warranty department that screwed up.  But THEY rock too :D.

On 8/3/2017 at 2:18 AM, Lula_Mae said:

Wow, that is super nice!  More money to spend on other things, then!  Maybe macrame rope! :lol:

I'm stocked up on rope for now.  Maybe clothes instead LOL.

On 8/3/2017 at 5:11 AM, Weetabix7 said:

Wow, that's awesome!!

If I were local to you that Lagoon might be tempting. 

I put it on Craigslist and have two people interested.  Should be sold tomorrow :).

46 minutes ago, Felicia said:

Awesome mistake!  Too bad they didn't accidentally send you a slightly smaller IM tank because I could have been convinced to come take it off your hands :)  Nice reservoir!

Yeah, well you can still come down in October for RAP ;):flower:.

• Like 3

Oh geez I don't know why I had it in my head that it was marine depot. Maybe because I stay up too late haha. I'm contemplating getting the IM 25 there is someone local selling one to replace the 60. I really like being able to look from the top down into my tank!

• Like 2

Wow so I just hopped back on Nano reef and was checking out the peninsula thread - and saw you did a downsize!!! Looks awesome! I was at my LFS the other day and they had a peninsula in the box and holy crap that thing is massive!!!

• Like 1
On 8/4/2017 at 6:54 PM, SomethingIsFishy said:

Man, everything about this tank works for me, it's beautiful!!!

Thank you so much!  I've been really bad about keeping things updated.  Next week is back to school so I should have more time on my hands.  Maybe :unsure:.  I'll try to be better though.  I just took a photo this morning of the tank for IG.  There's a filter on this one, but you can still see all the growth I'm getting.  The tank is super healthy which makes me happy :).

• Like 10
On 8/7/2017 at 1:34 AM, jstuver said:

Oh geez I don't know why I had it in my head that it was marine depot. Maybe because I stay up too late haha. I'm contemplating getting the IM 25 there is someone local selling one to replace the 60. I really like being able to look from the top down into my tank!

Because MD would be awesome like that too. 

It's a really nice tank!  You won't be disappointed if you like that style.  I thought it was what I wanted, but it just wasn't for me, once I got it set up.  I ended up selling that IM25 mistake last weekend.  I had a ton of interest in it.  So I sold it and went clothes shopping. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

double post

Triple post :lol:

10 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Hi, G!

Hey Jack!  I don't know what is up with this site but it is screwy for me.  It's triple posting and not posting.  WTH? LOL

How do you even delete an extra post?

• Haha 1
On 8/8/2017 at 4:06 PM, I'm Batman said:

Wow so I just hopped back on Nano reef and was checking out the peninsula thread - and saw you did a downsize!!! Looks awesome! I was at my LFS the other day and they had a peninsula in the box and holy crap that thing is massive!!!

The peninsula or the Drop-off?  When I first saw the Drop-off I was really surprised at how big it was.  I thought it would be smaller :).

2 minutes ago, gena said:

Because MD would do something awesome like that too :D.  You'll like the 25.  It's a beautiful tank.  It was just too big for me.  I needed something smaller for my studio and the IM10 fit the bill perfectly.  You really can't go wrong with an IM tank.  Even if something does go wrong, they fix it.  And then some LOL.  I ended up selling the "mistake" IM25 and went clothes shopping with the proceeds :lol:.

Hey Jack!  I don't know what is up with this site but it is screwy for me.  It's triple posting and not posting.  WTH? LOL

How do you even delete an extra post?

Lol....no idea.  I was experiencing the same thing the other day!

Hey, my little one wants a crested gecko...... good choice?  Do they mind being handled?

4 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Lol....no idea.  I was experiencing the same thing the other day!

Hey, my little one wants a crested gecko...... good choice?  Do they mind being handled?

It seems to have gotten through the glitch and posting ok now :wacko:.  Totally a good choice.  There was a guy that bought a bunch from me.  He's up by you and was opening up a store.  I can't remember the name of it now.  But google reptile stores and maybe you'll find him.  You can get one of mine, perhaps :D

They don't mind being handled at all.  The more you handle them the better.  Then they will be super friendly.  And want to come out of their home and hang with you :).  They are great little creatures!  When you first get them you should let them acclimate to their new home though.  Very little handling for a couple of weeks or so....you can find all that information online.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, gena said:

It seems to have gotten through the glitch and posting ok now :wacko:.  Totally a good choice.  There was a guy that bought a bunch from me.  He's up by you and was opening up a store.  I can't remember the name of it now.  But google reptile stores and maybe you'll find him.  You can get one of mine, perhaps :D

They don't mind being handled at all.  The more you handle them the better.  Then they will be super friendly.  And want to come out of their home and hang with you :).  They are great little creatures!  When you first get them you should let them acclimate to their new home though.  Very little handling for a couple of weeks or so....you can find all that information online.

Awesome.......I'll start looking!  

Thank you!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, gena said:

The peninsula or the Drop-off?  When I first saw the Drop-off I was really surprised at how big it was.  I thought it would be smaller :).

The drop off

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, I'm Batman said:

The drop off

Now was it the peninsula drop-off or the panorama drop-off? LOL

I haven't seen a peninsula in person yet.  I think they are similar dimensions though.  Are you going to get one?  They make them in glass now.  Due to issues with the acrylic.  Mine bowed, and the replacement for that leaked :wacko:.

2 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

How did I miss this? Oh well, all caught up. Tank looks awesome.

Haha...because I've been a slacker.  Busy, but also not into the reef scene as much lately.  I don't know why :unsure:.  What's WRONG with me???? LOL  I've had this going for awhile now and I'm only 3 pages along.  I'm trying to work on changing things now :).

• Like 3