SaltCritters.com

Gena's IM Nuvo Fusion 10

gena

17 hours ago, natalia_la_loca said:

Yaaaay welcome back ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Thanks!!!!!  It's official...I'm a tank owner again 🥰 

I picked everything up yesterday and got it all set up.  So far so good!  This setup was running for 6 years.  It comes with all of the equipment.  Livestock included is live rock, sand, one clown fish, 2 snails, and one leather coral.

I didn't change out the sand.  I'm sure it's original.  I'm going to see how it goes.  I know I should have changed it, but I didn't want to LOL.  

It's crystal clear this morning.  Fish is happy.  Leather is closed up.  Salinity is super low 1.020.  I need to obviously bring that up.  Probably why the leather is ticked off and why the original owner said he wasn't successful keeping coral.  Even when I arrived to pick the system up, it was closed up tight.   I've mixed w/c water overnight.  I'll bring that salinity up slowly. 

Have I mentioned how FUN this is to be back in the game??????  Almost 3 years without a tank.  I guess that's my limit :).

I'll post some pics as soon as I figure out how to do that again LOL.

• Like 6

Question?  

Do I start a new tank journal or just continue with this one?  It's pretty much the same tank.  I mean, I didn't change out the 6 year old sand, maybe I should just stick with this established old tank journal as well LOL.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, natalia_la_loca said:

Ordinarily I’d say nah, but…same brand, same size? Keep the thread and call it a reboot 🍻

That's what I'm thinking too!  The only big difference is the light.  I have a maxspect razor on this one but eventually I'll probably switch it out for what I had before.  I can't even remember the name of it right now LOL.  It's small and white.  Darn it.  Oh....AI Prime?  Yeah, that's it LOL.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, gena said:

Question?  

Do I start a new tank journal or just continue with this one?  It's pretty much the same tank.  I mean, I didn't change out the 6 year old sand, maybe I should just stick with this established old tank journal as well LOL.

New journal!  

• Like 2
11 hours ago, jack1978 said:

New journal!  

7 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

I agree...new beginnings, new journal

16 hours ago, gena said:

Question?  

Well, there you have it - new journal it is! 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, jack1978 said:

Well, there you have it - new journal it is! 

Aright, alright...the masses have spoken LOL.  I'll start a new one for this tank :).

• Like 1
  • Haha 3