Top Shelf Aquatics

Gena's IM Nuvo Fusion 10

gena

• 2 weeks later...

It looks so good, Gena!  Been thinking about what to do with my tanks too.  Just started back to school and know I'll have even less time to do tank stuff. -_-

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/27/2018 at 4:35 PM, Christopher Marks said:

Hi @gena👋

Love the video tour, the tank is so CLEAN now, holy moly! Living fish free and care free 😆

I'm glad you've kept it going, it's so serene now. Do you miss the jar yet?

Nope :lol: I don't miss it, but I did like it a lot.  I just don't miss the extra work right now.

On 5/1/2018 at 5:31 AM, Stoops718 said:

Beautiful tank. I just started to cycle my Nuvo 10. How much water are you changing out monthly and do you dose with anything?

Thank you!!!!  I haven't changed anything out since I redid it!  I think it's been at least 2 months now????  Feels longer but I think it's just 2 months.  I dose 2-part when I think about it.

On 5/1/2018 at 7:35 PM, Type-H20 said:

Looks great.  Do you think you'll be able to resist putting a fish back in there?

Uh....YES!  I don't miss fish at all :lol:.  Not even a tiny one.  

Sorry for the late replies.  The tank is still running.  Doing great!  I pretty much leave it alone.  No water changes.  Occasional dosing.  Everything looks fantastic except for the algae growth on the walls.  But just on the walls.  I scrape once a month :lol:.  Here's the most recent instagram post about it.  You can see before and after.  

We had a yard sale yesterday.  I forgot how much I hate doing sales like that.  I price things so cheap and they still want to talk me down 😞.  But the whole point is to get rid of stuff, not make money.  I knew that going in.  We got rid of a ton of stuff which is a good thing 🙂.  

No new developments on the move.  Just waiting for an opening at the job in Connecticut.  Or we may decide to just pack up and go someplace else 😮.  

• Like 7
  • Wow 2
4 minutes ago, gena said:

Nope :lol: I don't miss it, but I did like it a lot.  I just don't miss the extra work right now.

Thank you!!!!  I haven't changed anything out since I redid it!  I think it's been at least 2 months now????  Feels longer but I think it's just 2 months.  I dose 2-part when I think about it.

Sorry for the late replies.  The tank is still running.  Doing great!  I pretty much leave it alone.  No water changes.  Occasional dosing.  Everything looks fantastic except for the algae growth on the walls.  But just on the walls.  I scrape once a month :lol:.  Here's the most recent instagram post about it.  You can see before and after.  

We had a yard sale yesterday.  I forgot how much I hate doing sales like that.  I price things so cheap and they still want to talk me down 😞.  But the whole point is to get rid of stuff, not make money.  I knew that going in.  We got rid of a ton of stuff which is a good thing 🙂.  

No new developments on the move.  Just waiting for an opening at the job in Connecticut.  Or we may decide to just pack up and go someplace else 😮.  

:wub::wub::wub:  Still gorgeous as always, Gena!  I just got a Nuvo 14 Peninsula that I'll be transferring my 15L into when I have time, maybe this week.  If you decide you need to frag stuffs before the move, let me know, I'd still love some of the turquoise trumpets like we talked about forever ago and stuff.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

:wub::wub::wub:  Still gorgeous as always, Gena!  I just got a Nuvo 14 Peninsula that I'll be transferring my 15L into when I have time, maybe this week.  If you decide you need to frag stuffs before the move, let me know, I'd still love some of the turquoise trumpets like we talked about forever ago and stuff.

Thank you so much!!!!  You know, the one thing I want to take with me IS the turquoise trumpets.  I'm thinking of asking my LFS to ship me a frag after we are settled in wherever we end up.  So, then I'll grow those out and perhaps send you a frag?  Or you can have my LFS send you a frag too LOL.  I just don't want to mess with shipping any coral myself.  I actually sold all of the insulated shipping boxes that I had in my yard sale yesterday.

I'll hook you up one day, hopefully 🙂.

That's exciting about your NUVO 14!!!!  I'll go look for that 🙂.

• Like 4
10 hours ago, gena said:

Thank you so much!!!!  You know, the one thing I want to take with me IS the turquoise trumpets.  I'm thinking of asking my LFS to ship me a frag after we are settled in wherever we end up.  So, then I'll grow those out and perhaps send you a frag?  Or you can have my LFS send you a frag too LOL.  I just don't want to mess with shipping any coral myself.  I actually sold all of the insulated shipping boxes that I had in my yard sale yesterday.

I'll hook you up one day, hopefully 🙂.

That's exciting about your NUVO 14!!!!  I'll go look for that 🙂.

I totally understand lol.  Maybe I'll have your lfs ship me one of everything. :lol: Or something, I'm definitely in no rush. Gotta get the cyano cleaned up first.  Haven't decided whether I'll start a new thread or contribution continue the old one but I'll post in my thread if I do start a new one. 

• Like 1
Christopher Marks

Quite a lot of growth since the March update, wow! I appreciate the honest before and after too :lol: .

Thanks for checking in @gena, always nice to see ya :happy:

Fingers crossed on the job opening! It must be tough to have an indefinite timeline. I'm on the east coast this week, I can see why you'd want to move! Any place else you're seriously considering if not Connecticut? 

• Like 1
On 6/10/2018 at 11:11 AM, gena said:

I had my follow preferences screwed up and wasn't receiving notifications for a bunch of tanks.  :(    I am glad to see the blue trumpet takeover.   Wait, Connecticut what?  Need to catch up.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 6/11/2018 at 3:39 AM, xellos88 said:

Maybe you can take the screen top off now. 🙂

Hahaha....well....CATS!  I left it on for the nosy cats 😄.

On 6/11/2018 at 5:53 AM, Christopher Marks said:

Quite a lot of growth since the March update, wow! I appreciate the honest before and after too :lol: .

Thanks for checking in @gena, always nice to see ya :happy:

Fingers crossed on the job opening! It must be tough to have an indefinite timeline. I'm on the east coast this week, I can see why you'd want to move! Any place else you're seriously considering if not Connecticut? 

It's very tough.  But we have lots of time to prepare for the move.  I'm getting a lot done and I'm not stressed doing it so that's a plus 🙂.

We are pretty much open to anything in the midwest or northeast.  Don't want to go south and don't want to stay on the West coast.  I think the furthest west we would consider is Colorado.  I would do Austin, Texas but my brother is moving out of there and heading to the Denver area.  He's the only reason I'd go to Austin, TX.  So that's out LOL.  

On 6/13/2018 at 4:24 AM, markalot said:

I had my follow preferences screwed up and wasn't receiving notifications for a bunch of tanks.  😞   I am glad to see the blue trumpet takeover.   Wait, Connecticut what?  Need to catch up.

Haha yeah....we are moving.  Most likely Connecticut but you never know 🙂.

I'm officially tankless.  I shut down my tank on July 6th.  I've been selling off everything including all equipment.  I'm taking a big break.  That's the plan anyways.  Too much life change going on right now and there isn't a place for a tank at the moment.  I have to say I'm really enjoying the freedom from reef tank responsibility.  So we'll see.  I may set up again or I may not.

I took all of my coral to the LFS and holy cow....he gave me $500 + for all of it 😮.  There were a few equipment/other items (a pump, coral cutters, salt) in there as well but good lord LOL.  I wasn't expecting that much.  My husband said I should set up another tank and sell it again LOL.  NO THANKS!!!!  He was just kidding 🙂.

So that's that.  This tank is officially retired.  Thanks to all that have followed along with my journey. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
Christopher Marks
5 minutes ago, gena said:

It's very tough.  But we have lots of time to prepare for the move.  I'm getting a lot done and I'm not stressed doing it so that's a plus 🙂.

We are pretty much open to anything in the midwest or northeast.  Don't want to go south and don't want to stay on the West coast.  I think the furthest west we would consider is Colorado.  I would do Austin, Texas but my brother is moving out of there and heading to the Denver area.  He's the only reason I'd go to Austin, TX.  So that's out LOL.

Denver Colorado is pretty lovely, and a lot less humid than Austin 😄! I was just in the New England states a few weeks ago, I can see the appeal of Connecticut. I picked the west not too long ago though, so I'm still a little biased.

9 minutes ago, gena said:

I'm officially tankless.  I shut down my tank on July 6th.  I've been selling off everything including all equipment.  I'm taking a big break.  That's the plan anyways.  Too much life change going on right now and there isn't a place for a tank at the moment.  I have to say I'm really enjoying the freedom from reef tank responsibility.  So we'll see.  I may set up again or I may not.

I took all of my coral to the LFS and holy cow....he gave me $500 + for all of it 😮.  There were a few equipment/other items (a pump, coral cutters, salt) in there as well but good lord LOL.  I wasn't expecting that much.  My husband said I should set up another tank and sell it again LOL.  NO THANKS!!!!  He was just kidding 🙂.

So that's that.  This tank is officially retired.  Thanks to all that have followed along with my journey.

The end of an era! Thank you for sharing in the journey with us, and for all your contributions to the community! You've helped inspire so many people. Perhaps once you're all settled in somewhere new, a little reef jar can brighten up your home again some day 🙂. No matter when you hop back in, it will be fun to start fresh. We'll be here for you, don't be a stranger! 🤗

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Denver Colorado is pretty lovely, and a lot less humid than Austin 😄! I was just in the New England states a few weeks ago, I can see the appeal of Connecticut. I picked the west not too long ago though, so I'm still a little biased.

The end of an era! Thank you for sharing in the journey with us, and for all your contributions to the community! You've helped inspire so many people. Perhaps once you're all settled in somewhere new, a little reef jar can brighten up your home again some day 🙂. No matter when you hop back in, it will be fun to start fresh. We'll be here for you, don't be a stranger! 🤗

It has been my pleasure :wub:.  I love this community and I will most definitely not be a stranger.  I will always admire these beautiful reefs regardless if I have one of my own or not.  I appreciate your kind words Christopher.  It means a lot to me 🙂.

• Like 5
  • 2 years later...

Wow..it's been a minute.  For some reason I was drawn to logging in today.  I might be feeling the saltwater tug again.  I guess it's been almost 3 years!  Wish I still had this tank and all the equipment.  Regrets for selling LOL.  

Thinking about a mushroom tank with GBGs.   Gotta find that sweet deal on FB marketplace.  I know they are out there....I used to provide them to people LOL.

• Like 10
5 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

I hope you find what your looking for. I enjoyed your old tank and I am looking forward to following along with a new set up. Any idea what size tank your looking for?

Hi!!!  Thank you!!!  I want something small.  This IM10 was perfect.  There's someone selling one local to me that I'm going to watch what happens with his asking price.  I have to find an amazing deal to get back in.  So may take awhile to find that amazing deal.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, gena said:

Wow..it's been a minute.  For some reason I was drawn to logging in today.  I might be feeling the saltwater tug again.  I guess it's been almost 3 years!  Wish I still had this tank and all the equipment.  Regrets for selling LOL.  

Thinking about a mushroom tank with GBGs.   Gotta find that sweet deal on FB marketplace.  I know they are out there....I used to provide them to people LOL.

Gs back!

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

Nice to see you back. Hope you have been well. Looking forward to whatever you come up with. Good luck finding your deal

Thank you so much :).  We've been great!  We moved to Colorado last year and bought a house last fall.  We are now settled in, not moving again anytime soon, and I'm ready to start another tank!!!!  

Hopefully I find my good deal fast.

Thanks for stopping in...it's so nice to see familiar names.  I feel a bit lost around here LOL.

• Like 3

The local person selling pretty much exactly what I wanted to get again, IM10 and stand, LED (Razor) lighting, with everything included, came down in price so I'm picking it up today!!!!!!  I'm sooo excited about this.  So while not officially official, I'm back in the game 💙 .  I know what I'll be doing all day today!  It really is incredible that I found this deal right here in my new city.  It was totally meant to be!!!!

• Like 4