ReefCleaners.org

Gena's IM Nuvo Fusion 10

gena

4 minutes ago, metrokat said:

The Fusion looks lovely Gena, always wonderful to see lush growth, happy corals and so much color. I can't imagine being able to downsize though (except right now in the middle of hurricane alkalinity ha) so you have to be a magician to do that. Okay, alright I do have SPS which are not the candidate for downsizing without serious fragging or giveaways. Very nicely done. :flower:

Thanks so much, Kat :flower:.

Downsizing is definitely much easier when you don't have SPS.  Those babies deserve the bigger tank anyways, to really show off their beauty.  Although, SPS in a smaller nano tank is pretty cool looking too...but way more work, I think.  You should definitely go for the Red Sea Reefer :D

• Like 3
1 hour ago, gena said:

Awwww thanks :flower:

Well, don't buy them again.  Just pay shipping and I'll send you some.  I don't have any to spare at the moment, since I just did a fragging.... but it probably won't take long  :).

That would be awesome!

• Like 1
On 9/9/2017 at 3:00 PM, Felicia said:

The Fiji leather is looking so much better! Hopefully those blastos will still be fine for a while.

I go on vacation and suddenly there's a new tank?! Looks like fun. I'm going to stay out of any contests because I have a rule against multiple tanks. However, maybe I could help host or something...maybe I'll talk to Christopher Marks :)

Gena, when I epoxy and super glue, I wear nitrile exam gloves in a size small. They sell those on Amazon. You may need a size xs depending on how small your hands are. 

Nitrile Exam Gloves - Medical Grade, Powder Free, Latex Rubber Free, Disposable, Non Sterile, Food Safe, Textured, Indigo Color, Convenient Dispenser Pack of 100, Size Small https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KE233SU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_6rgTzbJ37Z6BV

Ok...had to order tonight.  No luck locally.  They are Prime so I should get them fast anyways :).

2 hours ago, Merthynia said:

I've always wanted to have a tiny acrocrab living in a nice bushy sps colony, but dang! Zoanthids and LPS are sometimes finiky as hell...I don't think I'd be able to keep a full nice healthy colony going in any size tank! :lol:

Those acrocrabs are really cute.  I just have never gotten into acros.  I do love a  pink birdsnest though...those are my favorite :wub:.

2 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

That would be awesome!

Yep....and I've even managed to get them to their destination using Priority Mail.  But only if it's 2 days transit.  Not 3 days.  Not sure what it would be from here to you.

10 hours ago, gena said:

Ok...had to order tonight.  No luck locally.  They are Prime so I should get them fast anyways :).

Those acrocrabs are really cute.  I just have never gotten into acros.  I do love a  pink birdsnest though...those are my favorite :wub:.

Yep....and I've even managed to get them to their destination using Priority Mail.  But only if it's 2 days transit.  Not 3 days.  Not sure what it would be from here to you.

Usually it's 2 days even from Cali but with the hurricanes it's taken longer, Tasha's package took four days from the Midwest!  But miraculously looks like almost everything survived.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lula_Mae said:

Usually it's 2 days even from Cali but with the hurricanes it's taken longer, Tasha's package took four days from the Midwest!  But miraculously looks like almost everything survived.

I just saw that!!!!!  I say we go for it with the Priority mail.  But definitely not with crazy weather going on.  I may be able to trim off a couple of heads for you soon.  I'll have to take a look at what I have.  I have a brain coral to ship to lawnman so I could send yours possibly at the same time.  I need to check the weather too.  We are still pretty warm here.  So many factors to consider with shipping :D.

1 hour ago, MortalWombat said:

I love this aquarium! I find that well grown-in tanks with healthy colonies are so much more appealing than tanks filled with a bunch of designer frags. 

Thank you so much!  I am with you.  I've never been into designer corals.  I just like what I like and mostly it's the cheap "junk" coral....aka "weeds" :lol:.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, gena said:

I just saw that!!!!!  I say we go for it with the Priority mail.  But definitely not with crazy weather going on.  I may be able to trim off a couple of heads for you soon.  I'll have to take a look at what I have.  I have a brain coral to ship to lawnman so I could send yours possibly at the same time.  I need to check the weather too.  We are still pretty warm here.  So many factors to consider with shipping :D.

Thank you so much!  I am with you.  I've never been into designer corals.  I just like what I like and mostly it's the cheap "junk" coral....aka "weeds" :lol:.

NC usually stays reasonably warm through Oct, with cooler days here and there, but never gets super cold even in winter (we're pulling out coats and scarves at 50 degrees :lol:).  And mail has been reliably arriving around 1:30 ish since I moved in here, which is great!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

NC usually stays reasonably warm through Oct, with cooler days here and there, but never gets super cold even in winter (we're pulling out coats and scarves at 50 degrees :lol:).  And mail has been reliably arriving around 1:30 ish since I moved in here, which is great!

Ok cool!  I think within the next 2 weeks would be good :).  Now hopefully I have some easily trimmable heads.  They may not have very long stalks, if you don't mind that?  My turquoise grow more stumpy than the neon green ones.

2 minutes ago, gena said:

Ok cool!  I think within the next 2 weeks would be good :).  Now hopefully I have some easily trimmable heads.  They may not have very long stalks, if you don't mind that?  My turquoise grow more stumpy than the neon green ones.

That will be fine, my biggest problem will be figuring out where to put it! :lol: #picoproblems

Might better look for another soap dish lol.

• Haha 1

How on earth are your clowns such an insanely bright shade of orange?!  I love them!

Glad you ordered some gloves.  Me telling you about them reminded me that I should get some myself before I start gluing corals for the new tank, so I ordered a box as well.  :)

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Felicia said:

How on earth are your clowns such an insanely bright shade of orange?!  I love them!

Glad you ordered some gloves.  Me telling you about them reminded me that I should get some myself before I start gluing corals for the new tank, so I ordered a box as well.  :)

I must feed them well or something....I have no idea.  Maybe the older they are the brighter color they have?  I can't wait to get my gloves :happydance:.  I have some work to do!

On 9/11/2017 at 11:16 AM, MortalWombat said:

I love this aquarium! I find that well grown-in tanks with healthy colonies are so much more appealing than tanks filled with a bunch of designer frags. 

I totally agree. I even like xenia.    

• Like 2

So I am going to be holding onto my open brain coral a little bit longer!  It's been looking really good lately.  I thought it's unhappiness was because of the clowns...but I'm pretty sure it was neglect over the summer :o.  I was doing water changes once a month.  Well, with all the fish and small water volume...I think it was too high nutrients for this particular LPS coral.  I've been back to weekly water changes and it's looking great :).  So I'm gonna see if this continues.  If so, I'll hang onto it because my clownfish DO love it and sleep in it every night :D.  It has some algae growing on it where there is tissue damage. Now that it's puffed up again it's hidden and hopefully with no light getting to it, the algae will die off and the flesh can heal fingerscrossed.

She's telling me, in this photo....DON"T take our home away :blush:.

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 1.04.43 PM

• Like 13
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Christopher Marks said:

That's great to see! Nothing beats good 'ol weekly water changes :lol:

It's good practice for your pico jar :D 

Yep....doing them weekly for sure.  And you're right...that's something I'll have to do with the pico jar too :D.  Can't wait to get that one going ;).

• Like 2
18 hours ago, gena said:

So I am going to be holding onto my open brain coral a little bit longer!  It's been looking really good lately.  I thought it's unhappiness was because of the clowns...but I'm pretty sure it was neglect over the summer :o.  I was doing water changes once a month.  Well, with all the fish and small water volume...I think it was too high nutrients for this particular LPS coral.  I've been back to weekly water changes and it's looking great :).  So I'm gonna see if this continues.  If so, I'll hang onto it because my clownfish DO love it and sleep in it every night :D.  It has some algae growing on it where there is tissue damage. Now that it's puffed up again it's hidden and hopefully with no light getting to it, the algae will die off and the flesh can heal fingerscrossed.

She's telling me, in this photo....DON"T take our home away :blush:.

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 1.04.43 PM

So beautiful. 

• Like 1