Coral Vue Hydros

Gena's IM Nuvo Fusion 10

gena

15 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Yeah, I am anxiously awaiting the announcement because I want to get a bigger tank up and running soon lol.  I want clowns!

I totally forgot it was to CT and not to the Midwest, think I was remembering you were from the Midwest lol. :lol:

Me too!  It probably takes some time to get sponsors involved.  I personally don't need any prizes...I just want to participate and get my pico going LOL.  Clowns are the perfect reef fish, I don't blame you!  Yep, I'm from the Midwest.  Moved to the west coast.  And now planning for a move to the east coast :D

15 hours ago, I'm Batman said:

Does he work for Spectrum?

Nope.  But my neighbor does :).

14 hours ago, RollaJase said:

Tank looks fantastic Gena :).

Thanks, Jase :).

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, gena said:

Me too!  It probably takes some time to get sponsors involved.  I personally don't need any prizes...I just want to participate and get my pico going LOL.  Clowns are the perfect reef fish, I don't blame you!  Yep, I'm from the Midwest.  Moved to the west coast.  And now planning for a move to the east coast :D

Nope.  But my neighbor does :).

Thanks, Jase :).

Pretty soon you'll have the whole country covered as far as places you've lived! :lol:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lula_Mae said:

Pretty soon you'll have the whole country covered as far as places you've lived! :lol:

I know, right? :lol:

I don't mind moving at all.  I kinda like.

Here's a bunch of FTS's for the new page.  I'm thinking this week I might take my open brain in to the LFS :(.  The clowns live in it which will be upsetting for them.  But they are killing it.  They don't let me feed it.  They always steal the food.  And it is missing a little flesh in two place from being harassed all day long.  I hate to do it but sometimes you just have to rip the band-aid off...it hurts but it's for the best LOL.

Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 12.11.48 PM

Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 12.13.18 PM

Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 12.13.48 PM

Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 12.13.02 PM

Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 12.11.06 PM

• Like 12
  • Wow 5
1 minute ago, gena said:

I know, right? :lol:

I don't mind moving at all.  I kinda like.

Here's a bunch of FTS's for the new page.  I'm thinking this week I might take my open brain in to the LFS :(.  The clowns live in it which will be upsetting for them.  But they are killing it.  They don't let me feed it.  They always steal the food.  And it is missing a little flesh in two place from being harassed all day long.  I hate to do it but sometimes you just have to rip the band-aid off...it hurts but it's for the best LOL.

Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 12.11.48 PM

Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 12.13.18 PM

Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 12.13.48 PM

Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 12.13.02 PM

Aww you've had that brain forever! But better to give it up than watch it die. :(

• Like 1
Just now, Lula_Mae said:

Aww you've had that brain forever! But better to give it up than watch it die. :(

Yeah :(.  I'm attached to it and so are they.  But it will die if I don't do something.  I think my tank is just too small for it.  It never gets a break from the clownfish.  Oh well.  We'll all just have to deal.  Maybe they'll take a liking to the paly patch.

• Sad 2
8 hours ago, gena said:

Yeah :(.  I'm attached to it and so are they.  But it will die if I don't do something.  I think my tank is just too small for it.  It never gets a break from the clownfish.  Oh well.  We'll all just have to deal.  Maybe they'll take a liking to the paly patch.

Maybe so, then they can harass the ones taking over everybody else! :lol:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, George P said:

Question does anyone know what's this is please help

IMG_0129.JPG

It looks like it may be a toadstool but I'm not sure.  It might be better to post this in the identification forum rather than a member's thread.  :welcome: to Nano-Reef!

• Thanks 4
19 minutes ago, George P said:

I meant to ask the brown spot

IMG_0130.JPG

IMG_0131.JPG

IMG_0132.JPG

Not sure.  I would try the diseases forum or the corals forum, it may just be shedding or it may be sick.

11 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Maybe so, then they can harass the ones taking over everybody else! :lol:

Hahaha...yep :D.  I harass those palys all the time when I clean the glass.  Doesn't even phase them.  I THINK they can handle clownfish fingerscrossed.

11 hours ago, George P said:

Question does anyone know what's this is please help

IMG_0129.JPG

Looks like tissue necrosis.  As far as what caused it, it's hard for me to say.  If you take a turkey baster and blast it, does the brown part disintegrate?  If so, you need to cut off the dead part.  It won't hurt the coral.  Take some sharp scissors and just cut that all off.  It doesn't look good.

• Like 2

No turning back now omgomgomg

Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 12.24.24 PM

Actually that's not true...I still have my receipt :lol:.  But look at the size of this thing!!!!!  It's way bigger than I expected.  Oh and Walmart sucks.  I got this at Target :D.  My Walmart was out of stock.

This is 2 gallons...and so darn cute.  The 1 gallon was even cuter but I thought I would appreciate the bigger size.  Even though stocked I'm sure it's less than 2 gallons.  I can totally haul this into a hotel room, right????  :lol:

• Like 12
  • Haha 4
2 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

New photos look great!  Your clowns are so lively and really stands out in the photos.

Thank you!  They get very lively when it's their dinner time.  Which it was in that photo.  I can walk in the room later in the day after they've eaten and they won't be as hyper.  I think fish are smarter than we think :).

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, gena said:

Thank you!  They get very lively when it's their dinner time.  Which it was in that photo.  I can walk in the room later in the day after they've eaten and they won't be as hyper.  I think fish are smarter than we think :).

The fish in my big tank follows me around from one side of the tank to the next =P

• Like 1
On 9/4/2017 at 0:29 PM, gena said:

Everything looks so nice and fluffy! :)

As to the Open Brian, I know how that is when you've had something for a long while, but you just have to move it on for it's own sake...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Nano sapiens said:

Everything looks so nice and fluffy! :)

As to the Open Brian, I know how that is when you've had something for a long while, but you just have to move it on for it's own sake...

Thank you :). Yeah, it's definitely something I need to do soon.....sigh.  It just needs some food and I'm certain it will perk back up.  I haven't been able to feed it for months.  I used to be able to keep the clowns away in other tanks, but in this one it's way more difficult.  And the brain takes FOREVER to eat.  At least if it was a fast process.  But it's not.  And I just don't have the patience to stand there for at least 30 minutes trying to get some food in it, while chasing away clownfish LOL.

5 minutes ago, gena said:

Thank you :). Yeah, it's definitely something I need to do soon.....sigh.  It just needs some food and I'm certain it will perk back up.  I haven't been able to feed it for months.  I used to be able to keep the clowns away in other tanks, but in this one it's way more difficult.  And the brain takes FOREVER to eat.  At least if it was a fast process.  But it's not.  And I just don't have the patience to stand there for at least 30 minutes trying to get some food in it, while chasing away clownfish LOL.

I know a guy :D 

1 minute ago, gena said:

Do you want it?

I would seriously love to send it to you!  Keep it in the family :)

Yes I would love it. Isn't that the one I helped you with years ago? 

Just now, Lawnman said:

YES!  That's the one!  It's not bleaching this time.  But it's not happy.  I know you could fix it :).  This makes me so happy!!!! :lol:

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, gena said:

YES!  That's the one!  It's not bleaching this time.  But it's not happy.  I know you could fix it :).  This makes me so happy!!!! :lol:

:lol: just started testing the tank tonight. Getting my dosing hand ready for my LPS come back ;) 

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Lawnman said:

10 minutes ago, gena said:

Do you want it?

I would seriously love to send it to you!  Keep it in the family :)

Oh this makes me happy! It'd be great to still get to see your coral instead of having to completely get rid of it!

• Like 3