Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Gena's IM Nuvo Fusion 10

gena

I worked on the rock yesterday for the pico jar.  I'm actually pretty happy with it!!!!!  It's nothing fancy, but it has a ledge (hard to see in the photo) and several little platforms for coral.  It's all one piece that I glued and puttied together...got my fancy gloves that Felicia recommended :D.  They worked GREAT!  I'm really happy that there is room for me to work around the rock to clean it as necessary.  There will be sand too. 

Now I wait patiently for the contest :D59bd828c4b6d7_ScreenShot2017-09-16at12_55_44PM.thumb.png.bbc76aa27a84169a9cfc8caf1f77b815.png59bd829541041_ScreenShot2017-09-16at12_55_53PM.thumb.png.a2b1b0c1bc2c65352dda714ae8d45b8b.png

• Like 12
3 hours ago, gena said:

I worked on the rock yesterday for the pico jar.  I'm actually pretty happy with it!!!!!  It's nothing fancy, but it has a ledge (hard to see in the photo) and several little platforms for coral.  It's all one piece that I glued and puttied together...got my fancy gloves that Felicia recommended :D.  They worked GREAT!  I'm really happy that there is room for me to work around the rock to clean it as necessary.  There will be sand too. 

Now I wait patiently for the contest :D59bd828c4b6d7_ScreenShot2017-09-16at12_55_44PM.thumb.png.bbc76aa27a84169a9cfc8caf1f77b815.png59bd829541041_ScreenShot2017-09-16at12_55_53PM.thumb.png.a2b1b0c1bc2c65352dda714ae8d45b8b.png

I like it! Looks like there are a bunch of great spots for corals on the rocks and room on the sand for temporary holding spots. 

• Thanks 1

Love the rock scape!  That will be perfect.  That jar looks so adorable sitting on the little table with the plants.  I just love this.  Hopefully there will be a pico contest very soon! ;)

Also, I just love your macrame pieces!  You sell them on Etsy right?  I may just need to get myself one of those! 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Felicia said:

Love the rock scape!  That will be perfect.  That jar looks so adorable sitting on the little table with the plants.  I just love this.  Hopefully there will be a pico contest very soon! ;)

Also, I just love your macrame pieces!  You sell them on Etsy right?  I may just need to get myself one of those! 

Thanks, Felicia!  That table/stool is from IKEA :D.  It's rated for up to 200 pounds so I should be good there.  I do sell the macrame on Etsy!  I make wall hangings and plant hangers :).

1 hour ago, kimberbee said:

That's so cute Gena!! I hope you're able to use it for the pico contest!! I'm anxiously waiting for more details and hoping it starts soon!! 

Thank you!  I can't wait to hear the details of the contest!  Should be a lot of fun :).

1 hour ago, SeaFurn said:

I like it! Looks like there are a bunch of great spots for corals on the rocks and room on the sand for temporary holding spots. 

Thanks!  There are quite a few little spots for corals.  The photo doesn't capture that at all.  I think it looks like crap in the photos, but in real life it has some great dimension LOL. 

• Like 2
On 9/16/2017 at 7:36 PM, cju84 said:

Looks great, Gena!  What sand/substrate are you planning on?

Thanks!  I have some leftover Bahamas Ooilite that I plan to use.  It's pretty fine sand but in a 2 gallon jar with only a bubbler for water movement,  I'm hoping sand storms won't be an issue.  I think it will be fine fingerscrossed.

Here's a video from a few days ago :D

• Like 11
6 hours ago, gena said:

Thanks!  I have some leftover Bahamas Ooilite that I plan to use.  It's pretty fine sand but in a 2 gallon jar with only a bubbler for water movement,  I'm hoping sand storms won't be an issue.  I think it will be fine fingerscrossed.

Everything looks SO good!  We have pretty much the same taste in corals.  Your blastos look amazing!

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, gena said:

Ohmygosh the PSW playing peek-a-boo! :wub:

• Like 1

I think that jar will be great. I can't put anything on dainty stools because of these monster kittens, I think they will kill themselves trying to check out the shiny jar/planter on top of this thing that just begs to be climbed. #kitttens

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
On 9/20/2017 at 8:44 AM, metrokat said:

I think that jar will be great. I can't put anything on dainty stools because of these monster kittens, I think they will kill themselves trying to check out the shiny jar/planter on top of this thing that just begs to be climbed. #kitttens

Hahaha...yeah.  Even my 2 year olds STILL get into trouble.  I have to keep cord covers on most everything since they are still into chewing :rolleyes:.  I put a skid proof pad thing under the jar...hopefully that's enough to keep it from flying fingerscrossed.

On 9/20/2017 at 9:05 AM, Christopher Marks said:

Hopefully that jar won't have to be dry too much longer... :happydance:

:happydance:

Ok....hearing this makes me nervous!!!!  I actually have to fill this thing :lol:.  I don't know why it's intimidating.  Probably because it's like nothing I've done before.  I know it can be done, but still.  It will be a new adventure for me :scarry:.

• Like 4
On 9/20/2017 at 12:05 PM, Christopher Marks said:

Hopefully that jar won't have to be dry too much longer... :happydance:

Oooh, do I need to go get me a jar? :o

That sounded so Southern, didn't it? :lol:

21 hours ago, gena said:

Hahaha...yeah.  Even my 2 year olds STILL get into trouble.  I have to keep cord covers on most everything since they are still into chewing :rolleyes:.  I put a skid proof pad thing under the jar...hopefully that's enough to keep it from flying fingerscrossed.

Ok....hearing this makes me nervous!!!!  I actually have to fill this thing :lol:.  I don't know why it's intimidating.  Probably because it's like nothing I've done before.  I know it can be done, but still.  It will be a new adventure for me :scarry:.

It'll be fun!  Hooray!

Now what will I do with my pico contest tank jar thingie...

• Like 2
On 9/19/2017 at 12:18 PM, gena said:

Love the video!  That PSW is such a cutie!  The fiji leather is looking so much better!  That thing is making such a quick turnaround.  Give it a bit longer and it will be bright yellow again.

On 9/21/2017 at 11:53 AM, gena said:

Lily is 7 and I still have to cat-proof things.  When she gets playing, she goes zooming all over the house and jumping on and off furniture.  She often slides or plows right into things.  I have to make sure things aren't too close to the edge of furniture so they don't get knocked off and things have to be stable.

Gena, you've got this!  You have such a blue thumb.  I don't think you could fail at setting up a tank if you tried.  :D

• Thanks 1
On 9/22/2017 at 8:58 AM, Lula_Mae said:

Oooh, do I need to go get me a jar? :o

That sounded so Southern, didn't it? :lol:

It'll be fun!  Hooray!

Now what will I do with my pico contest tank jar thingie...

Yeah you do!  I thought you already had one?

7 hours ago, Felicia said:

Love the video!  That PSW is such a cutie!  The fiji leather is looking so much better!  That thing is making such a quick turnaround.  Give it a bit longer and it will be bright yellow again.

Lily is 7 and I still have to cat-proof things.  When she gets playing, she goes zooming all over the house and jumping on and off furniture.  She often slides or plows right into things.  I have to make sure things aren't too close to the edge of furniture so they don't get knocked off and things have to be stable.

Gena, you've got this!  You have such a blue thumb.  I don't think you could fail at setting up a tank if you tried.  :D

Thanks, Felicia!  It will certainly be interesting.  And fun at the same time.  As well as worrisome LOL.  But mostly fun :D.

• Like 1
On 9/21/2017 at 2:53 PM, gena said:

I have a feeling you'll nail it!  We need some deets on this contest!  I'll probably sit this one out but it will fun to see what people do - especially because I have bowl and will be able to relate!

• Like 2

The jar pick would make an excellent November  contest!

(I'm pushing for November  because I can't set up the tank in October  and I'm interested.... I have some ideas)

• Like 1
6 hours ago, gena said:

Yeah you do!  I thought you already had one?

Thanks, Felicia!  It will certainly be interesting.  And fun at the same time.  As well as worrisome LOL.  But mostly fun :D.

Not yet!  Been eyeballin' them though. :lol:

• Like 1
On 9/24/2017 at 10:51 AM, SeaFurn said:

I have a feeling you'll nail it!  We need some deets on this contest!  I'll probably sit this one out but it will fun to see what people do - especially because I have bowl and will be able to relate!

fingerscrossed

I can't wait to follow along with all the new bowls.  I hope lots of people join in!

On 9/24/2017 at 11:00 AM, Thunder Goose said:

The jar pick would make an excellent November  contest!

(I'm pushing for November  because I can't set up the tank in October  and I'm interested.... I have some ideas)

I think so too!  I hope you are able to join in :D.

On 9/24/2017 at 4:36 PM, Lula_Mae said:

Not yet!  Been eyeballin' them though. :lol:

So I got my light set up.  A cheap par38 bulb from Amazon.  So I have the jar, I have the light, and I have rock.  And I sit and wait LOL.  Hopefully what I have will all work for the contest.  I haven't bought anything else yet although I know what I want to buy.  But I'll wait just in case it doesn't qualify for the contest :D

59ca75b4e6d2c_ScreenShot2017-09-26at8_39_59AM.thumb.png.6c03babe300311ffbdd0d45c9bf4cfa4.png

• Like 11

Awesome looking tank! And I have what looks like the same jar, makes me want to set up a jar reef next to my Pico. My kitten has gotten in the habit of standing on/staring at the tank. I love the color variety of your corals. 

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

It's as if @gena can somehow see into the future!

giphy.gif

LOL I chose wisely :D

20 hours ago, SavaS said:

Awesome looking tank! And I have what looks like the same jar, makes me want to set up a jar reef next to my Pico. My kitten has gotten in the habit of standing on/staring at the tank. I love the color variety of your corals. 

Thanks!  You should do it and join in with the contest!

12 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Does this mean I need to get myself to Walmart?  :lol:

Uhhhhh....YES :D.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1