SaltCritters.com

Gena's IM Nuvo Fusion 10

gena

6 hours ago, gena said:

:lol: perhaps! 

I made a little video yesterday of my tank. 

:wub:

I love that the blasto rock is like a third of the tank! :lol:

• Like 4

Wow, you know some folks just have a way with tanks. My IM10 has been up for weeks and has yet to see a piece of coral. Gena, you sneeze and create a future TOTM. Following for sure and where did you find that psw?! I can't find one to save my life.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, frahny said:

Wow, you know some folks just have a way with tanks. My IM10 has been up for weeks and has yet to see a piece of coral. Gena, you sneeze and create a future TOTM. Following for sure and where did you find that psw?! I can't find one to save my life.

LiveAquaria just so happens to have a few in stock at the moment.  ;)

I want one so badly lol.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, frahny said:

I kinda cheated though, having full grown colonies and stuff :lol:.  But thank you so much!!!! :flower:   I got my PSW from Live Aquaria.  They have great fish!

I just finished my water change.  HOLY MOLY....that was EASY omgomgomg   I totally should have done this to begin with.  I love this tank even more now LOL.

1 hour ago, Lula_Mae said:

:wub:

I love that the blasto rock is like a third of the tank! :lol:

It totally takes up a third of the tank.  Blastos are my fav so works out perfectly :D.

2 hours ago, JR! said:

so pretty!

Thanks, JR!

• Like 3
2 hours ago, gena said:

I kinda cheated though, having full grown colonies and stuff :lol:.  But thank you so much!!!! :flower:   I got my PSW from Live Aquaria.  They have great fish!

I just finished my water change.  HOLY MOLY....that was EASY omgomgomg   I totally should have done this to begin with.  I love this tank even more now LOL.

It totally takes up a third of the tank.  Blastos are my fav so works out perfectly :D.

Thanks, JR!

If you ever feel the need to get more blastos, you can get some pearlberries and glue them to the back wall or something! :lol: Blasto city!

Oh, and I bet that water change was a breeze!

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

If you ever feel the need to get more blastos, you can get some pearlberries and glue them to the back wall or something! :lol: Blasto city!

Oh, and I bet that water change was a breeze!

It WAS a breeze...so awesome!  I love your blastos...may have to think about how I could squeeze a frag in :D.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, gena said:

It WAS a breeze...so awesome!  I love your blastos...may have to think about how I could squeeze a frag in :D.

I'm not encouraging you or anything, but something like this and this would look phenomenal in there... Maybe you can squeeze in along the sides or something? :D

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

I'm not encouraging you or anything, but something like this and this would look phenomenal in there... Maybe you can squeeze in along the sides or something? :D

Hahaha...I saw those yesterday!  Seriously considering :).

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Tank looks super Gena!

I have an empty fusion at home just sitting there. 

Think i might set it up like yours! What lenght gooseneck are you using?

• Like 1
SquishyFishy

Hey Gena:  Just finally finished catching up with your drop off thread...Ive been so pre-occupied with my new Red Sea problems.  And I really identify with your feelings of wanting to just throw it in!  I've felt that way since December when I started the new tank.  Nothing has gone right with it...some days I've just thought I really hated it!  At least your corals are doing great in their new environment.  Almost nothing survived the move nor the Dino horrors that followed in mine!

But things are finally looking up for me, little steps to health for some of the corals.  I'm starting to add new ones.

I went so much larger with the 70 gallon, just seeing the ease of your new smaller tank is making me lust for it!  Just have too much invested in this one.

Congrats on all your successes.

• Like 1
On 6/27/2017 at 0:59 AM, Rory282 said:

Tank looks super Gena!

I have an empty fusion at home just sitting there. 

Think i might set it up like yours! What lenght gooseneck are you using?

Thank you!  You should set it up.  It's the 12" gooseneck.

2 hours ago, RollaJase said:

Yay new tank!

Haha...hey Jase :happydance:.

1 hour ago, SquishyFishy said:

Hey Gena:  Just finally finished catching up with your drop off thread...Ive been so pre-occupied with my new Red Sea problems.  And I really identify with your feelings of wanting to just throw it in!  I've felt that way since December when I started the new tank.  Nothing has gone right with it...some days I've just thought I really hated it!  At least your corals are doing great in their new environment.  Almost nothing survived the move nor the Dino horrors that followed in mine!

But things are finally looking up for me, little steps to health for some of the corals.  I'm starting to add new ones.

I went so much larger with the 70 gallon, just seeing the ease of your new smaller tank is making me lust for it!  Just have too much invested in this one.

Congrats on all your successes.

Thank you Squishy!  Sorry to hear about your tank woes.  Big tanks can be very overwhelming, but then there is so much more that you can do with them, which is a plus.  I've learned over the years what is the most manageable for me, I'm happiest where I'm at right now.  That's awesome to hear things are improving for you :).

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Stunning tank Gena. Honestly, every size variation I've seen has been nothing short of perfect. It's impressive that you were able to cram everything into this 10 gallon.

• Like 1

Very nice tank.... was that a bubble algae growing on the bottom side of the tank in the video.  If yes get him out! ;)

Beautiful Nano!

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Macron said:

Stunning tank Gena. Honestly, every size variation I've seen has been nothing short of perfect. It's impressive that you were able to cram everything into this 10 gallon.

Thanks! :flower:  I crammed almost everything in.  Had to rehome the big green leather and a few small odds and end.  But I got the majority in there!

22 hours ago, truepercs said:

Very nice tank.... was that a bubble algae growing on the bottom side of the tank in the video.  If yes get him out! ;)

Beautiful Nano!

Probably.  I have more bubble algae than just that.  Something I've been dealing with for a few years now.  It is what it is.  I just remove what I can with each water change.  It doesn't really bother me anymore.  Sure it'd be nice to have none....but oh well LOL.

Thanks for the compliment :flower:.

Here's the most up-to-date photo of the tank.  I was going to do a water change this week, but have a lot going on right now.  I may just wait one more week and hope it will be ok fingerscrossed.  I haven't done a W/C in over a month now :eek: .  Which is fine for this tank, but kinda scary in my head LOL.

• Like 9
22 minutes ago, gena said:

Thanks! :flower:  I crammed almost everything in.  Had to rehome the big green leather and a few small odds and end.  But I got the majority in there!

Probably.  I have more bubble algae than just that.  Something I've been dealing with for a few years now.  It is what it is.  I just remove what I can with each water change.  It doesn't really bother me anymore.  Sure it'd be nice to have none....but oh well LOL.

I have been battling it myself... It sure is a pain!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, gena said:

Here's the most up-to-date photo of the tank.  I was going to do a water change this week, but have a lot going on right now.  I may just wait one more week and hope it will be ok fingerscrossed.  I haven't done a W/C in over a month now :eek: .  Which is fine for this tank, but kinda scary in my head LOL.

Always love to see pics of this. :wub:

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry I've been away :(.  I've been feeling a bit burned out and keeping busy other ways LOL.  But today @Felicia texted me out of the blue (she may be back here soon :happydance:) and got me all interested in reefing again Hahaha.  I'm hoping she comes down for RAP this October.  I'm really wanting to go.  It's August and last year in August was MACNA in San Diego.  That was so much fun and has me wanting to go to another Reef show :wub:

At any rate....things are running smoothly in the reef department.  Still just doing a monthly water change.  Which I LOVE!  Everybody is still alive and corals are all happy.  Well, my open brain coral seems to be taking a beating lately from the clownfish.  It has sand on it a lot and it's not opening as large as before.  Hopefully they give it a break soon.  There's not really anywhere else I can move it :huh:

I don't have a recent FTS.  This is the most recent from Instagram.  Taken July 20.  I'll take another soon.  I need to do some glass scraping first.

• Like 10

I follow you on instagram too and love seeing updates on this - it's just beautiful!! I am thinking about getting this tank too and am wondering how you feel about the size of it for having a pair of clowns in there? I don't have any clowns in my display at the moment and am trying to decide between a pair (because I love them, but know that they will grow fairly large) or trying something different.... it'd be great to get your thoughts. Also, have you upgraded your return pump at all? I know a lot of people do, but again it'd be great to get your opinion. Thanks much!

• Like 1

@gena - do you test/dose or anything between water changes? How often/much are you feeding? I'd love to get away with NOT doing weekly water changes anymore. My life has been busy and I think it's only going to get busier!! Looks like you've mostly got softies. I think I may shift that way soon! 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, hinnenkm said:

I follow you on instagram too and love seeing updates on this - it's just beautiful!! I am thinking about getting this tank too and am wondering how you feel about the size of it for having a pair of clowns in there? I don't have any clowns in my display at the moment and am trying to decide between a pair (because I love them, but know that they will grow fairly large) or trying something different.... it'd be great to get your thoughts. Also, have you upgraded your return pump at all? I know a lot of people do, but again it'd be great to get your opinion. Thanks much!

It's a great tank, I think you'll really love it.  My clownfish are full-size and they are doing great in it.  It's them, a pink streaked wrasse and a green clown goby.  They all seem to really like the tank.  My clowns were never big on swimming so I really don't see a difference in their behavior in this smaller tank as compared to my two previous 20 gallon tanks.  I never upgraded the return pump.  But I do have an mp10 in there for extra flow.  With my gorgonians, I think that extra flow is necessary.  Thanks for following along :D.

4 hours ago, kimberbee said:

@gena - do you test/dose or anything between water changes? How often/much are you feeding? I'd love to get away with NOT doing weekly water changes anymore. My life has been busy and I think it's only going to get busier!! Looks like you've mostly got softies. I think I may shift that way soon! 

I do dose.  B-ionic daily.  With all the LPS in there, I really need to.  And even more so with a monthly water change now.  I just dose when I feed the tank.  Easy peasy :).

5 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Tank looks great as always. 

Thank you :)

• Like 2