Cultivated Reef

Red Sea Foundation ABC

Milky Way

Fluvial Evo 13,5

2 days after water change Measured CA, KH, MG and it looks like the level of magnesium and KH is too low

Ca - 420 , MG 1080, KH - 6.7

So I purchased RED SED Foundation ABC liquid

i'm sooo confused with dosing. Searched all net can't find any info.

Can someone tell me please....... it's the first time i'm dosing this stuff.... my alk /kh is 6.7 and i am looking at the back of the container it says sps frags 58ml....... mixed reef 49..........sps 13
Is this per day ...per week 1st time or what... i havent got a clue...

the same thing with  MG and CA

they should keep them simple for simple people....someone straighten me out please of how you dose it...thanks 

Did you test your water after a waterchange to get starting numbers and then the day after at the same time?

That determines the consumption from corals. You need to dose to replenish consumption and knowing that amount is important to properly dose.

I use esv bionic 2 part and its very easy to use.

Is this the product because these are the instructions i located:

Concentration: Reef Foundation A: 1ml will raise the calcium level of 100 liters (25 gal) by 2ppm.
Reef Foundation B: 1ml will raise the alkalinity of 100 liters (25gal) by 0.036 meq/l (0.1dKH).
Reef Foundation C: 1ml will raise the magnesium level of 100 liters (25gal) by 1ppm.

p-88284-75202V-fish.jpg

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Did you test your water after a waterchange to get starting numbers and then the day after at the same time?

That determines the consumption from corals. You need to dose to replenish consumption and knowing that amount is important to properly dose.

I use esv bionic 2 part and its very easy to use.

Is this the product because these are the instructions i located:

Concentration: Reef Foundation A: 1ml will raise the calcium level of 100 liters (25 gal) by 2ppm.
Reef Foundation B: 1ml will raise the alkalinity of 100 liters (25gal) by 0.036 meq/l (0.1dKH).
Reef Foundation C: 1ml will raise the magnesium level of 100 liters (25gal) by 1ppm.

p-88284-75202V-fish.jpg

i didn't test in the first day after water change only after 2 days. 

i need to dose a lot  of magnesium but i don't think i can dose that much in one day. 

So i need to add 20ml to achieve desired lever of KH, do i need to dose those 20ml per day , week, month??? should i divide 20ml on 5-6 days ?

In order to know where your levels started at to properly dose, you have to test right after a waterchange.

Do waterchange

Test params

Test params next day to see the change, if no change, keep testing daily until there is one.

Thats how you determine your daily consumption to dose properly.

The only way to know how often and how much to dose is by determining how often and how much your corals are using. 

Some have to dose every day, some every other day, some every 3 days. 

It all depends on the tanks usage and proper testing is the only way to know. 

If you don't test after a waterchange, how do you know what your params started at? How do you dose to maintain that, because those are your target numbers. 

Your goal is to maintain your numbers.

Ex.

So after a waterchange you test and

Alk is 8.4

Ca is 390

Mag is 1320

This is where your numbers should stay every day(especially alk and ca)

The only way to know how much/how often they drop, you gotta test because what if your corals aren't consuming much but your salt is mixing at low numbers? Better to switch salt than start fiddling with dosers.

Dosing blindly will cause you fluctuations which will lead to coral demise.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Clown79 said:

In order to know where your levels started at to properly dose, you have to test right after a waterchange.

Do waterchange

Test params

Test params next day to see the change, if no change, keep testing daily until there is one.

Thats how you determine your daily consumption to dose properly.

The only way to know how often and how much to dose is by determining how often and how much your corals are using. 

Some have to dose every day, some every other day, some every 3 days. 

It all depends on the tanks usage and proper testing is the only way to know. 

If you don't test after a waterchange, how do you know what your params started at? How do you dose to maintain that, because those are your target numbers. 

Your goal is to maintain your numbers.

Ex.

So after a waterchange you test and

Alk is 8.4

Ca is 390

Mag is 1320

This is where your numbers should stay every day(especially alk and ca)

The only way to know how much/how often they drop, you gotta test because what if your corals aren't consuming much but your salt is mixing at low numbers? Better to switch salt than start fiddling with dosers.

Dosing blindly will cause you fluctuations which will lead to coral demise.

thank you,

you made it more clear for me.

i'm currently using Instant Ocean Reef crystals, and KH , MG is too low for mixed reef,

Probably i'll switch the salt for RS Coral PRO. it's just 10$ more expensive on amazon. 

You're welcome.

It can get confusing when to dose, how much to dose, etc. 

You're not alone on that.:D

I had issues with reef crystals. My params were inconsistent and my mag was always low. Every week it was different. 1150, 1100, 1200.

I got tired of it and trying to work with it.

Rscp is nice but the alk can get high, some ppl have no issues with that and others do.

Red sea also has their blue bucket which is supposed to be good.

Aquaforest is good.

Fritz is another one getting good reviews