SaltCritters.com

Which is the best salt?

cliffrouse11baseball

cliffrouse11baseball

I am starting up my tank again and I want to choose the best salt available. Since I left the hobby last time Oceanic came up with a salt. How is it. I thought about using tropic marin. I just want when i mix up some saltwater that it be right where it supposed to be or at least close. Thanks

This is the best salt by far.Has all the trace minerals.Your corals will flourish while using this salt.Also great on hamburgers!I suggest the iodized ,tends to be more clean.:

scrummyotool

and

Styxnpicks

What do you two think of Aquacraft salt? Personally, I will never use another salt again. That's just me. The price is great, the quality is superb and best of all, I have the same consistent results in testing - over and over again.

You all like it? How does it compare to previous brands you have used?

Okay cool, thanks for answering my question corrie. So after I am done using whats left of my 160 gallon instant ocean salt bucket, I will buy the oceanic salt. I have enough salt to make 140 gallons more......:(

Originally posted by kappa

Okay cool, thanks for answering my question corrie.  So after I am done using whats left of my 160 gallon instant ocean salt bucket, I will buy the oceanic salt.  I have enough salt to make 140 gallons more......:(

HEY I am here to help you ,fellow reefer.:D

On a serious note.Instant ocean doesnt seem to be on par with oceanic when it comes to trace elements and calcium/alk.Sometimes you can get a good batch of io but most of the time thier salt is inadaquate.You could use io and dose and test for those trace ,but why bother when you can take care of it by buying a brand of salt that includes everything.

Archived