SaltCritters.com

DaveFason

On 11/10/2018 at 7:53 PM, Andreww said:

Hey Dave what is the reason for ditching the white? I mean there’s no scientific data to show mint or lime is better than white, however , it is a good selling point I understand that.

Do you like a blue tank look ? From what I’m seeing , the lime/mint gives out a yellow tinge.

Ofcourse it blends well, white does too.

But take a look for example at GHL Mitras LX7, they use warm white and cool white LED’s in their fixtures. Is that something that could be done with your fixtures?

I’m sure it’s possible. For the record, I do NOT own a GHL light fixture. 

Warm white seems like a more desirable white than cool white that so many brands of LED’s incorporate in their fixtures nowadays.

Again, I’m not bashing the mint/lime led’s I’m just trying to understand their purpose other than : nanobox is the only one offering that particular LED.

Take a look at David Saxby’s 2017 reef tank video on YouTube with whites cranked up over 50% during the intense phase of the schedule and tell me the tank doesn’t look the part. Dare I say the best out there? All this on Hydra 52’s.

Maybe we are just trying to over complicate things....just maybe. Your tank looks great though??

I have been using warm whites in the NanoBox units for years. I feel that mint adds a different color when blending with the other colors in a reef array. I also believe it has a more desired white look than white itself. 

I wish I could spend the money on data to see what mint changes in a regular spectrum. I have been using it for ~ 18 months with high success. 

When you see the color in person it will changes your mind. Photos are extremely hard to capture the true look. 

On 11/10/2018 at 8:07 PM, LogistcalReefer said:

I think the point of mint is it gives control, get a brighter tank, without adding in so much red spectrum.  I think having both white and mint/lime is the way to go.  gives flexiblity.

It does give a brighter appearance and blends better with corals used in reef arrays. 

On 11/10/2018 at 8:36 PM, micoastreefing said:

If you don’t have an array that has mint already on it, there’s not really an easy way to add mint. 

Correct. 

On 11/10/2018 at 3:46 PM, Acm816 said:

David can you sure how to Wire and control Mint LED on nanobox duo M

There is not unless you have a have a board that has mint or lime already on board. Send me a photo. I can let you know. 

-Dave

On 11/10/2018 at 9:21 PM, William said:

I think it has to do with giving the visual appearance of being brighter without increasing algae growth, but I could be far off