Top Shelf Aquatics

torch coral see thru

Jorge091293

Jorge091293

my torch coral looks sea thru ... i am new to this as i think i made a rookie mistake... did it bleach...will it die ? 

biocube 29 gallon 

i think i am mistreating it do i need to target feed it what kind of food do i give it as i only give pellets to my fish ......

lighting biocuibe ethnic blue 36 watt and 10 k 

water perimeters are good

all my corals look good except for my torch i will need some wise help from u guys to help it to get its color back thank you so much 

graftobny142

Looks it was not well taken care of before, its also a small frag and that could be recovering still.

They do not need to be fed.

Jorge091293

any  ideas of how to get it to a good healthy color :( poor thing ..... maybe move it more up to the light or away from the light ? 

It may be under to much light, too much or too little flow.

Its retracted, torch should have very long tenticles and darker in colour. 

Euphylia tend to retract with too much flow on them and they need moderate light.

Are you having swings in alk or is alk low

Feeding coral food helps. I like reef roids

Jorge091293

well i have it under the light on the very top maybe i should move it more to the bottom where the flow hits the most,  perimeters are good  

When you say your parameters are good, what does that mean? What are your nitrates, phosphates, calcium and alkalinity levels? Looks bleached for sure -

• Like 2
Jorge091293

ph 8.2

alk 10 dkh

amonia 0

nitrate 1.0ppm

phosphate 0.2ppm

calcium 400ppm around there 

mag 1300ppm

specific gravito 1.025 try to always maintain it there i check it with a  refractometer

Nixperience
11 minutes ago, Jorge091293 said:

i see i moved it under lets see how he does tomorrow  i just want his color back  and for it to be healthy 

It didn't get like that overnight, so be patient. 

• Like 1
Jorge091293

i know i just got him back as he attacked one of my clowns  he seemed to have learned hes lesson i hope he had also killed almost all my snails  soo i put him on time out on my freinds tank 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Jorge091293 said:

i know i just got him back as he attacked one of my clowns  he seemed to have learned hes lesson i hope he had also killed almost all my snails  soo i put him on time out on my freinds tank 

Time out in the toilet would be better suited. Lots of good advice here, hope it's not the shrimp. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Jorge091293 said:

I can only imagine this conversation: "Hey friend, I have a shrimp that's destroying my tank.  Can you hold him in yours for a bit?  I promise he won't do anything nasty."

All kidding aside, everyone's got the bases covered, but most importantly, like Nix said, give it time.  It won't heal itself overnight.

On 6/6/2017 at 0:11 PM, Jorge091293 said:

well thats is nice to hear :) 

IMG_2664.JPG

based on this photo and behavior of my frogspawn over the years, I'm going to say too much light. Place it lower in the tank, low or medium flow and feed it a small amount every few days and it should color back up over time.

• 2 weeks later...

That's white. It shouldn't  be white or closed up like that.

This  cn be caused by:

Alk, ca, and mag  issues

Too much light or too little light 

This isn't my torch but that's what they should look like

maxresdefault.jpg