ReefCleaners.org

Synchronized pooping - coincidence?

SaltyBuddha

SaltyBuddha

Came home to find one of my zoa polyps and my hammer pooping today. Everything else looks good and I do feed them feed roids once or twice a week. Should I be concerned or just a coincidence they both decided to go at the same time? :blink:

SaltyBuddha
3 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

Nah. They're just having a shitfest. Lol.

Perfect! Always wanted to host one of those lol I figured it was nothing but I'm always finding new things in this tiny tank

So you learn something new everyday on nano reef.  At first I was surprised that coral poop, then when I thought about it, why wouldn't they poop.  What do coral poops look like?

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, brianinak said:

So you learn something new everyday on nano reef.  At first I was surprised that coral poop, then when I thought about it, why wouldn't they poop.  What do coral poops look like?

Its exactly what you would imagine Coral poop to look like. 

SaltyBuddha

It looked like poop lol well a hermit crab died this morning but he had not been doing well for since I got him. Found my cleaner shrimp carrying its dead body....very disturbing picture actually. Other two hernia are doing well and one just changed shells for the 2nd time. Both active.

My alk was a little lower than normal. Closer to 8 than 8.5. I also have two frogspawn heads that were acting funny last night and not fully open. That could be cause I messed with the powerhead placement though.

Not sure if this is the first sign of something. Hoping I come back home to a happy tank today.

19 hours ago, brianinak said:

lol when my corals poop it's like a long brown string out of their mouths.

5 hours ago, SaltyBuddha said:

It looked like poop lol well a hermit crab died this morning but he had not been doing well for since I got him. Found my cleaner shrimp carrying its dead body....very disturbing picture actually. Other two hernia are doing well and one just changed shells for the 2nd time. Both active.

My alk was a little lower than normal. Closer to 8 than 8.5. I also have two frogspawn heads that were acting funny last night and not fully open. That could be cause I messed with the powerhead placement though.

Not sure if this is the first sign of something. Hoping I come back home to a happy tank today.

Your skrimp is a body snatcher?! :huh:

Hope everything is just fine!

SaltyBuddha
1 hour ago, Lula_Mae said:

lol when my corals poop it's like a long brown string out of their mouths.

Your skrimp is a body snatcher?! :huh:

Hope everything is just fine!

Thanks! Everything looks good right now. One of the frogspawn heads is still not as expanded as it should be but everything else is out in force!

• Like 1
SaltyBuddha

Lights are starting to go out and I are some guts in the mouth of on frogspawn head. I think I saw this on another on last night. Before this, the head was happy and fully extended. Should I be worried?

20170606_190838-1.thumb.jpg.2876a7af245f08bcbcfb6df97ed0172e.jpg