Coral Vue Hydros

Aquamaxx HOB-1 Skimmer

BrandonD32

BrandonD32

I am consolidating to one small tank for awhile and this skimmer is way above my needs. It was on my tank for about 7 months. The only "issue" which seems to be common with them is that part of the hanging bracket cracks if it is over-tightened. The crack is purely cosmetic, but has been repaired with epoxy. I paid $230 for it. Asking $150 shipped obo.

20170603_233736.jpg

20170603_233745.jpg

20170603_233800.jpg

BrandonD32

I am going to be moving across the country so it would be nice to find a new home for this skimmer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How is the collection cup adjustment on these? I guess a better question would be is it easy to "dial in"? Been thinking about one, but really dislike the "rubber band" cup adjustment... I have a JBJ 45g Rimless and I'm trying to figure out if I want to do the HOB or if I am just going to drain it and remove the false wall to drill it for an overflow and sump... Its not stocked at all yet. Just rock and sand. 

I can't believe no one has snatched this up yet! Great price, great skimmer.

@bennyd - I got one of these used a few months ago for my 20 gallon and the rubber band cup adjustment has been super easy to dial in perfectly and I assume with a 45 it would be even easier. I considered the drilling+overflow+sump method but went with the simple HOB, called it a day and I'm happy I did.

It is very easy to dial it in. This is by far the best hang on skimmer that I have ever used. I hate to sell it for so cheap, but I am getting ready to move 23 hours away. I want to unload all of my extra equipment before I move.

Five.five-six

Sully is a top notch seller, fast ship.  I may buy this but if I don't you should and buy it with confidence.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Five.five-six said:

LOL, u just saved me frome being broke. :)

I have been eyeing it since he posted, things just weren't working out on my end. Guess I'll be broke now, lmao. 

PayPal money sent.

• Like 1
  • Recommended Discussions