ReefCleaners.org

Rock flower grow out tank

reefhound

@reefhound I am so jealous and excited for you at the same time! I currently have 3 RFA's that's been sitting in my tank for a few months. I am hoping they will eventually breed too.

13 hours ago, Nart said:

@reefhound I am so jealous and excited for you at the same time! I currently have 3 RFA's that's been sitting in my tank for a few months. I am hoping they will eventually breed too.

I know right?

get some scallops and slice them up.. add some aminOmega to is. Ziploc and freeze it

break some off, cut it finer and feed every 2-3 days.

watch the flowers. when they poop, feed the next day

Thanks for the tip! I have Rod's fish food that has a mixture in there and all the other good stuff as well.

How often does your RFA poop and how often do you feed it?

I feed mine every 2-3 days, but when I do, it's just 1 Mysis shrimp and that's about it.

• 2 weeks later...

moved all the flowers from one tray to a shallow tray.. growing fast. we still count about 80.. but it really is impossible. this took about 2 hours with tweezers

IMG_0745.JPG

• Like 2

I can't even imagine! Took me about 10 minutes to move one of my RFA's.and I used the credit card method.

I also heard if you get ice or ice packs and put it near their foot off and on that they will release their footing. Maybe something to try next time?

yea, these are the size of a pencil eraser.. tweezers used to pick up the grains they are attached to, not the nems themselves

• Like 1
Simulated Fish

Good luck on the move! Hope the nems travel safe and it's a quick trip for you all! 

Love the updates, keep them coming.

• Like 1

just cleaned out the tray.. at 7 weeks. definite count of 84-85. doing something right.

I noticed that algae was strangling a few.. got most of the gravel out to help with that.. will also feed into the flow and let it circulate before a WC. and cut feeding down to once a week

IMG_0782.JPG

have 5 coming from VIP reef in a few days.. had a somewhat "special" order, Frank has been patient with me

• Like 5

They look great!!

I hope they fare better in your tank than they have in mine. I started with 10 and I'm down to 4. Waiting on Frank to get back to me with some guidance. 

I don't think so but I'm not sure.

A couple of the first ones to go looked a little different than the 4 that are left. 

Would like to get more at some point but not until i keep these alive for a while. 

ok.. so, I am pretty sure these are "hold overs" from the last birth..

I say this because they are the size of the ones born exactly 2 months ago.

tentacles are also a brilliant white, and i'm sure they will fade within a week, leaving them as exact clones in size and color.

also, the ones in the grow out tank are getting big, but it looks like some aren't growing at all. some (the runts) close up and never open again

IMG_0802.JPG

all the sexy shrimp never congregate and behave.. all 7 sitting on mom at once.. all day, 2 days

also, they aren't eating

IMG_0800.JPG

• Like 1

growing.. 2 months

starting to get some color variations

the brown ones are very cool, but the pics don't show their gold tentacles, and blue dots.. can't wait to see them grow

IMG_0808.JPG

• Like 2

This is such a cool process to see. I can't imagine what it must be like to actually see all the growth, changes, and colors in person! Thanks for sharing :) 

• Like 2
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 6:46 PM, SeaFurn said:

They look great!!

I hope they fare better in your tank than they have in mine. I started with 10 and I'm down to 4. Waiting on Frank to get back to me with some guidance. 

yea, I just just lost one that he sent me.. did everything right, no idea.. but it sucks