ReefCleaners.org

Okay so I decided to get back into reef keeping. I still have a few freshwater tanks sitting around and finally just got the itch to start up a new tank. I decided to go with a IM Nuvo 20.

Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 20 gal

Equipment list:

Lighting :  Kessil A160WE

Controllers : Kessil light controller

Wave Makers : EcoTech Marine VorTech MP10wQD Propeller Pump w/ Wireless QuietDrive Driver (Not yet purchased)

Media Baskets : IM AUQA Gadget CustomCaddy (Planning on running Chemi-Pure Elite and Purigen)

Reactor : IMAUQA Gadget MiniMax All-In-One Media Reactor (Planning on running GFO)

Skimmer: IM ghost skimmer

ATO: JBJ ATO 

ATO Reservoir : IM AUQA Gadget HydroFill Ti Auto Top Off ATO Reservoir (Not yet purchased)

Return Pumps :  Single MJ1200

Heater : Cobalt Aquatics 75w Neo Therm

Live Rock : CaribSea Life Rock - 20 lbs

Live Sand : CaribSea Arag-Alive Special Grade Reef Sand 20 lb

Salt : Red Sea Coral Pro Salt Mix

Water Filtration : 4 Stage 75GPD Value RO/DI System (Will add on TDS inline meter)

This was a good size order and after I let my tank cycle, I will begin to purchase my lighting and wave maker. Everything was ordered today, so hopefully I will have it all by mid week. Still deciding if I want this to be a bedroom tank or a living room tank...

• Like 2

Okay so got a good amount of stuff today! My tank, sand, salt, life rock, heater, and rodi showed up today. Im still waiting for my IM acrylic media baskets, spinstreams, and my ghost skimmer.

I started making rodi and realized I needed more pressure. I adjusted my pressure switch and added more air to my well tank. I now sit around 50 to 60 psi. I am getting 5 gallons of water in about 2 hours... A little slower than I would like. Considering a booster, but what do you guys think?

20170607_214001.jpg

20170607_214554.jpg

Here is the stand that I chose to use. I filled a 29 gallon tank and left it filled for a week or so and no problems. I plan on finding a different location to keep the tank out of the sun. 

I added 5 gallons or rodi and a heater. Planning on mixing the salt in the tank. I am still waiting for my rodi float, so I placed a container in my bathtub to make rodi over night, just incase. 

17834.jpeg

Okay so got a good amount of stuff done tonight. I placed the sand and life rock into the tank and got my salinity to 1.026. It cleared up in about 30 minutes. I also just ordered a brute 20 gallon can and a rodi float. These should both be in tomorrow along with my AutoAqua Smart ATO. Now I just need to find a ato reservoir. I still need to mess around with the rock work to get this aquascaped how I want it. Working with the wife on a new location for the tank.

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed.jpg

Okay more in the mail yesterday. My skimmer, reactor, media basket, ATO, spinsteam, and a accudrip all came in. I got my float and 20 gallon brute can also.  I installed my AutoAqua Smart ATO Micro and setup a temp reservoir. I cut a small amount of the sticker on the back of the tank for the ATO. Kinda messy, but its never seen.

I changed out the stock pump to a MJ1200 and the flow rates are def better. Considering running two MJ1200's one for each outlet. No I am just stuck with a ton of micro bubbles. Suggestions would be great. Thanks. I still need to aquascape.

unnamed (2).jpg

unnamed (3).jpg

unnamed (4).jpg

unnamed (5).jpg

unnamed (8).jpg

unnamed (9).jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Okay so its been 45 days since the first day the tank was setup. Everything looks great. I have cleaned up and relocated the tank to a new wall. The Kessil light has been mounted. My ATO has been setup and running for a month now. The tank levels are great. So today we ran over to our lfs and picked up two clowns and a yellow watchman goby.

GOPR0431 (2).JPG

Optimized-20170722_173657.jpg

Optimized-20170722_173711.jpg

Optimized-20170722_173713.jpg

Optimized-20170722_174609.jpg

Nice looking fish!  The scape looks great too.  Is that stand one of those storage cube things from Walmart or Target?  Always wondered if that would work as a tank stand.

40 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Nice looking fish!  The scape looks great too.  Is that stand one of those storage cube things from Walmart or Target?  Always wondered if that would work as a tank stand.

Thanks Lula. I picked it up at Walmart. I actually placed almost 500lbs on it for a week. Never moved so I figured it would work great. Looks nice and the baskets help with storage and hiding the wiring. 

45 minutes ago, bageezus said:

Thanks Lula. I picked it up at Walmart. I actually placed almost 500lbs on it for a week. Never moved so I figured it would work great. Looks nice and the baskets help with storage and hiding the wiring. 

Nice!  I thought it looked familiar.  I'd looked at that and other stuff a while back trying to figure out something for a tank stand lol.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So placed another order today! I ordered my other spinstream and media basket. I also ordered a Aqamai KPS Wifi Controllable Wavemaker Pump, Kessil Spectral Controller,  SpectraPure® Booster Pump Kit, BRS upgrade kit and some more color changing resin.

image (1).jpg

image (2).jpg

image (3).jpg

image (4).jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

Okay new order arrived yesterday. My second media basket is in place and so is the spinstream. I programmed a kessil light schedule, and setup the wave maker. I picked up two of the wave makers, but decided on only running one. I will be upgrading to a MP10.

20170805_113427.jpg

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

Okay I have been gone for some time. We just bought a new house and have been so busy with the remodels. I successfully moved my Nuvo 20 to the new office and have really gotten back into reef keeping again. Here are a few new updates to the tank and some new pictures also.   

I have since added-

IM MightJet DC pump (326gph) 

Current USA 660 GPH Wave Pump

20180804_180144.jpg

• 2 weeks later...