Coral Vue Hydros

June 2017 Featured Reef - FlowerMama's 40gal Nano Reef

Christopher Marks

Christopher Marks

For May we're featuring community member FlowerMama and her 40 gallon nano reef aquarium!

featuredreef.jpg
Click the picture above to check out her reef profile! You can find FlowerMama's aquarium journal in our Aquarium Journal forum. Feel free to post any comments or questions you may have for FlowerMama, and she'll try her best to answer them here.

• Like 7

I've read every single TOTM and yours was hands down the best story. It's incredible the things a silly little reef tank can do. Congrats to you, well deserved. (Gunna go follow and read all your build threads ;))

• Like 4
FlowerMama

Thank you Chris and everyone here!  This is a motivating, social place to be.  You guys always make me feel welcome.  I appreciate being able to talk out loud here.  

1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

Congrats!!  :)

Thank you.  I was shocked in a good way this time.

1 hour ago, Nano sapiens said:

Yay!  Congratulations!

I thank you!

• Like 4
FlowerMama
16 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Congratulations, so cool to see your Beautiful Reef and Beautiful You get this recognition!!!

Hey, let's get together here soon.

Another thing, this applies to everyone.  If you ever come my way to Asheville, I have an extra bedroom.  Let me know and we'll set up something.  One thing about hobbyists, it's like there's already some trust there just from sharing.  It's just nice that's all.

1 hour ago, HarryPotter said:

Yay!!!!

Hurray!!  Thank you Harry for everything you put together to assist me a year ago when I brutally toasted my tank inhabitants.  You and everyone here share a damn good heart.  

• Like 4
FlowerMama
2 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Yay! So well deserved. Not only is your tank beautiful, but you are always so helpful to everyone. So happy that you won!

Ty.  Every time I turn around I see amazing tanks, ideas.  You are one of those I'm talking about!

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, FlowerMama said:

Ty.  Every time I turn around I see amazing tanks, ideas.  You are one of those I'm talking about!

Awe, Thanks. I still think of myself as rank amateur.

• Like 1
FlowerMama
58 minutes ago, tanacharison said:

NICE!!!  I always enjoyed following this tank.

Thank you.  I'm glad NR exists.  My mom has only started understanding and having appreciation for this when I think she realized the rock flowers were living, when she saw them grab the food, she wasn't expecting that.  Then also when she saw how tiny the babies were.  I was shocked, I heard her telling my Aunt Sophie in Polish about them.  

• Like 7

Congrats Annette!  Sometimes out of the ashes the most beautiful things arise!  Your tank is an amazing example of that.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...