Innovative Marine Aquariums

Cleaner Shrimp

tdkarl

The blood cleaners are “deeper water” shrimp and like low light. IME they hide a lot and are more timid that skunk cleaners and less likely to “clean” (I’ve never seen it personally)…

A duo of “skunks” are great, they are fun to watch, they spawn like crazy releasing natural food for your reef and will clean almost anything including you! B)

I have blood and peppermint shrimps. As soon as I put my hand in the tank my peppermint jumps on and starts cleaning me. Blood shrimp is very shy. It will clean too but I have to put my hand right next to his rock and even than he is very hesitant. I have no experience with skunks but supposedly they are the most active of them all.

i have both a skunk and blood shrimp in a 10g. they stay on separate ends of the tank and dont bother each other at all. so i think you should be fine. i would also look into getting sexy shrimp...they are pretty fun to watch!

a blood shrimp will clean your fish but usally only at night

I suggest a Cleaner shrimp and a Camel shrimp they look like peppermint shrimp but with a hump on there back. LEt your cleaner clean the fish while the camel does the rest.

i love my blood shrimp... it'll hide for a couple days, but once it's used to your tank it's jumpin around once he smells food.

I have 2 skunks and a blood. The blood was shy, but now is just as nutty as the skunks. The blood cleans my watchman all the time in the day too.

I have a pistol in there too. They all get along great.

Archived