SaltCritters.com

Tide Duo - is this a problem?

KJoFan

Ended up picking up a used Tide Duo.  Unpacked it this morning and was disappointed to find this:

771B3952-1974-497D-B788-E6E729521FB1_zps

The other side is fine:

F3FFBCEC-8CFE-4A3F-87B5-4C1ACE9C3D88_zps

Is this an issue?  I think it lights up, but I don't know that for sure as I've been unable to get the light to connect to wifi/Bluefish controller thus far.

Almost looks like they tried to re-solder it back together and were not clean...or it burnt out.

Not sure, but I think Dave will be able to help out. Did you get it to blink-up with bluefish, or how far have you gotten there?

I haven't gotten it to blink up.  I set up an account and entered wifi/router info but can't seem to get it to detect wifi.  Imp card is 1 long red, 3 short red flashes.  Which from what I found was trying to connect to wifi, but no dice.  I tried it 2-3 times before giving up for the time being.

Sounds correct, and for that initial blink-up I like to be right next to the router just so I can be sure it is not signal issues....I run my aquarium the floor under my router as it is not the strongest and can take a little bit to connect. (@SpencerShepard and @DaveFason  You might have already seen this, but a little heads up)

I'll give it a shot closer to the router.  Router is in the lower level and I was on the upper trying to connect.  Ultimately, the light will go on a tank on the lower level as well.  Thanks for the tip.

Also if you are using a samsung product, the blink-up will be almost impossible.  Try to use an ipad or iphone if you can. After that you can log in from any device and control the light. 

• Like 1
Outofstock

In regards to blink up, what phone are you using? I originally set mine up using my iPhone 6, when I moved recently tried to set mine up with my LG V20 and after multiple tries I couldnt get blink up to set up. Dug the old cracked iPhone out and tried it and boom first try blink-up worked. 

jbb_00 beat me too it. 

Did notice for awhile my phone screen seemed to be dimly blinking after that as well. 

16 minutes ago, KJoFan said:

I'll give it a shot closer to the router.  Router is in the lower level and I was on the upper trying to connect.  Ultimately, the light will go on a tank on the lower level as well.  Thanks for the tip.

Take the splash guard off and use a QTIP with a little rubbing alcohol to clean the pads. It looks like either some salt spray from the top of the fan, re soldering or who knows. If you want to send to me to do a look over I will only charge shipping back ( unless something is needed ). 

As for the WIFI connection. Make sure...

• Using 2.4 ghz signal
  • Using correct router password
  • Clear old WIFI signal
  • Turn phone brightness to MAX

Let me know how I can help!

• Like 1

Ok, I'll give the QTip trick a try and see how that goes.  The fans and that area do look quite dirty, maybe I can do a little housekeeping.

As for connecting, I am using an Iphone 6, router is 2.4 ghz signal, unsure on the phone brightness, but easily can change that if needed.  The only one I don't know how to do, if needed, is clear the old wifi signal...

• Like 1

Took the light next to the router and tried blink up...success! 

Took off splash guard and cleaned up around the dark soldered connections...got some off but not everything.  So..maybe just re-soldered at some point?  But, all leds fire so..I guess all is well.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Boggers said:

Glad it worked out ok. nothing more frustrating that getting used equipment in and it doesn't work as it should/expected. 

Absolutely.  And I bought it off a guy I'd bought other stuff from and felt confident about purchasing from, so I was going to be super disappointed if it didn't work.

Thanks for the help on getting it going!

• Like 1
14 hours ago, KJoFan said:

Absolutely.  And I bought it off a guy I'd bought other stuff from and felt confident about purchasing from, so I was going to be super disappointed if it didn't work.

Thanks for the help on getting it going!

Just keep me in the loop on anything else. Did you also try to clear the settings?

6 hours ago, DaveFason said:

Just keep me in the loop on anything else. Did you also try to clear the settings?

I did not, as I wasn't sure how.  Now that it's hooked up in the app, is it some place there?

SpencerShepard
On 5/30/2017 at 11:28 AM, KJoFan said:

I haven't gotten it to blink up.  I set up an account and entered wifi/router info but can't seem to get it to detect wifi.  Imp card is 1 long red, 3 short red flashes.  Which from what I found was trying to connect to wifi, but no dice.  I tried it 2-3 times before giving up for the time being.

That's the code for incorrect wifi password.

On 5/31/2017 at 3:55 PM, SpencerShepard said:

That's the code for incorrect wifi password.

Yep, got that.  Got it to connect to wifi.  didn't clear settings, like @DaveFason suggested because I didn't know how.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, KJoFan said:

Yep, got that.  Got it to connect to wifi.  didn't clear settings, like @DaveFason suggested because I didn't know how.

Just so you can see this. 

WIFI Setup - BlinkUp - Scroll to bottom

Clear Wireless

• Like 1