Pod Your Reef

lonewonderer

lonewonderer

hello fellow nano keepers! I'm very new to saltwater tanks and i need help with lighting. I have a JBJ 24 gallon tank with no stock hood light. I bought this ebay led light " daytime" for it. Will this be sufficient enough? I'm housing 2 clowns, 3 small kenya corals, 1 2" xenia, 3 snails and 6 hermit crabs. Will this be ok for the corals? if not what is the best and cheapest led light for my tank? do i need full spectrum or white and blue color only? sorry for all the question guys. I'm a seasoned freshwater fish keeper but so green to saltwater. Any suggestions?

thanks much!

Chris

AN.jpg

Those are junk. Low light things will live but not thrive under them.

Try something like an Evergrow D120 if you want a new light on the cheap.

• Like 1

If you are unsure of something its best to ask before you buy.

Those lights have 21 white lights and 3 blues.  Its going to look fairly yellow and bland.  A 50/50 ratio is the minimum.  Having the addition of UV, 2-3 different whites, and 2-3 different blues is going to look much better and provide a healthier spectrum for your corals.

lonewonderer

Yeah, I have a lot of FW tanks that i can use that ebay lights. I'm looking now for a light that does not require for me to hang it on my ceiling. I heard Kassil is very good but my pocket is not deep enough. Any suggestion for a Clip on light that is affordable? thanks guys

• Like 1

I also have a pretty cheap led light, just blue and white, the Current USA Orbit LED. It looks similar and the clip on like that is perfect for my tank.

I'm with him on suggestions for < ~$200 lights for thriving corals. I have a 40B so it's not like I need a huge one.