Top Shelf Aquatics

My journey to serenity

Minmay

This evening I was getting ready to feed my fishes. I unplugged my circulation pump but it shut off the light and it made a pop noise. It scared Ryder (blenny) and he jumped out of the tank and fell on the floor. I heard a plop and turned my head saw him on the floor. I screamed and my wife comes running in. She almost stepped on him and I screamed at her "DONT MOVE"!! She looks down, sees Ryder and screams. Yall prolly thinking by now damn, these b*tches love to scream lol. Anywho, put Ryder back in the tank and his body is stiff going down. I was for sure he was dead but he was actually just in shock. Well, after about an hour he finally went back to his barnacle condo. He's now sleeping. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

I went to two of my Go To LFS today. I always drive to Aquatic Warehouse first cuz its farthest from my home. Went to the frag section and got 3 frag rocks of shrooms. 1 frag had 3 tiny green discosomas and the other two frags are rhodactis and I think a ric. I think one of the frags have two ric on there tho cuz it looks like a small mouth on a separate piece. My other LFS SD Corals is closer to home and wasnt really expecting to buy any corals there but Finally she cut the blasto colony I've been waiting on and I saw they had a mushroom with bubbles on it. He said it was a bounce but I dont think so. It was too cheap. Its very small still and only has 1 tiny bubble forming. We shall see how it grows out. 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, gena said:

Did you ever make it to RAP?  They had a lot of blastos there.  Pricey though.

No, unfortunately not. I was asked to work bah...work, it always interferes with what I wanna do but it funds my coral addiction so its a love/hate situation lol. Imma try and take some pics of my new corals. 

Today i was looking at my tank and noticed that the toxic hammer looks a lil beat up. Some tentacle tips were half bitten off. Im wondering if Elvis did it. Maybe he will start hosting soon?? It would be cool if he did. Also, finally caught Houdini and put him in my Blasto tank. He's pissed at me lol

• Like 1

Today I bought my first RFA. My LFS that I routinely go to for SW had a couple. So far so good. Its staying put. Also saw that she had a Halloween Hermit so I snatched him up and named him Barnabas

20171029_161715.jpg

20171029_163830.jpg

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Minmay said:

Today I bought my first RFA. My LFS that I routinely go to for SW had a couple. So far so good. Its staying put. Also saw that she had a Halloween Hermit so I snatched him up and named him Barnabas

20171029_161715.jpg

20171029_163830.jpg

Nice RFA! :)  

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This morning while getting coffee I looked in my tank and saw a dead Barnabas. Took him out but left the shell in the tank. This afternoon while on break I checked on the tank again. I saw Barnabas and he went back into his shell. Barnabas! HE LIVES!! Muhahahaha...I guess he just molted. Ive never seen a molted hermit b4 so I was really sad when I saw it this morning. 

Screenshot_20171107-164036.png

• Like 1

Before going to bed I was staring at my tank with lights out and a flash light. Saw a bristle worm. Even tho I dislike those worms cuz they creep me out I left it alone. The worm was by one of my mushrooms. Noticed something underneath its rock. It looked as if it was making a burrow, like a pistol shrimp would. I knew it wasnt my pistol cuz the claws were dark. I flipped the rock over and it was gone. Mystery unsolved...to be continued...