Top Shelf Aquatics

My journey to serenity

Minmay

1 hour ago, fishfreak0114 said:

Aww, sorry about Mr. Big.  My first cleaner shrimp didn't last very long either, but he was pretty huge when I bought him.

Thanks, maybe I'll buy a smaller cleaner. I've read that they can live up to 4yrs. 

This morning after feeding my fishes, I noticed something really small on the bottom of my gold hammer. When I shinned a light on it, it disappeared into a white looking tube. OMG, I think its a feather duster!! I wonder how it got in there?? I've had that hammer for 4mo amd never noticed it b4 or maybe I did but cuz it was so small I didnt bother to inspect it. I always dip my corals with Rx Coral so really dont know how this came in. Also, played around with my light schedule. I think I finally found a schedule that I will stick with. Hopefully, Elvis, Hector and Houdini didnt freak out too bad with the rave party they had going on for a lil bit lol. 

• Haha 4
On 9/7/2017 at 9:07 AM, Minmay said:

Work always gets in the way in what we really wanna do doesnt it lol. I got your back tho Weetabix7. Haha, you wanna get some cloves from me. I have plenty. 

Really??? 

I love them!!

You know how to ship? PM me if so, I'll lose track of your comments on this thread, still busy with work. 

We could trade, too. 

On 9/16/2017 at 10:08 AM, Minmay said:

I woke up this morning and saw that Mr. Big (cleaner shrimp) has passed away ???i only had him 5mo and 10 days. I checked params and everything was fine. IDK why he passed, maybe old age?? He was pretty big. 

Oh noooo, I'm so sorry!!

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Minmay said:

This morning after feeding my fishes, I noticed something really small on the bottom of my gold hammer. When I shinned a light on it, it disappeared into a white looking tube. OMG, I think its a feather duster!! I wonder how it got in there?? I've had that hammer for 4mo amd never noticed it b4 or maybe I did but cuz it was so small I didnt bother to inspect it. I always dip my corals with Rx Coral so really dont know how this came in. Also, played around with my light schedule. I think I finally found a schedule that I will stick with. Hopefully, Elvis, Hector and Houdini didnt freak out too bad with the rave party they had going on for a lil bit lol. 

Lol at rave party!!!

I noticed a featherduster that started growing in the return on my Waterfall tank, have no idea how that happened. 

Cool tho, huh? 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Really??? 

I love them!!

You know how to ship? PM me if so, I'll lose track of your comments on this thread, still busy with work. 

We could trade, too. 

Oh noooo, I'm so sorry!!

Yes, I have two different kinds. Tri-color and the daisy. I think the daisy is over growing the Tri-color one and I like the Tri-color better so I have to try amd save it. I've never shipped live animals b4 so I need your help with that. I'll PM u. 

54 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Lol at rave party!!!

I noticed a featherduster that started growing in the return on my Waterfall tank, have no idea how that happened. 

Cool tho, huh? 

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

I went to my fav LFS (Aquatic Warehouse) just to look around and buy some trochus snails. I saw a tailspot blenny that I liked and asked one of the guys if they do fish trades or store credit. They said store credit so I went home excited. I was gonna trade in Houdini (watchman goby) since Yoshi (pistol shrimp) dont like his ass lol. Well, I couldnt catch him so I was like screw it. I'll just buy the blenny for now and when my blasto tank is finished cycling, I'll re-home him. I decided to name my blenny "Ryder". Why?? Cuz, my wife texted me while I was at the LFS and asked if I can bring home a bag of potatoes and mayo. Sigh, she knew I was buying a fish. Smh. So, I went to the grocery store and bought what I needed but I didnt want to leave him in a hot car so I brought him with me to grocery shop. ???. Oooo and also bought Julian's Thing for spot feeding my corals. I LOVE this thing. So much easier to spot feed. 

20170917_152657.jpg

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, fishfreak0114 said:

Ryder, I love it!  I've brought freshwater shrimp and clams into Costco before, people must have thought I was really odd!  Pics of Ryder please!!

Haha thanks!! Sometimes we gotta do what we have to do. If I saw someone do it, I wouldnt think it was weird. When I told my wife what I did and showed her the pic she said "Wow, you took dont leave your pet in a hot car Seriously didnt u"? I told her "ummm, yeah! I didnt wanna come back to cooked fish and I cant even eat it" lol. I also bought Ryder dry barnacle home. He's hiding by the zoa rock cave right now but once he gets comfortable I'll take a better pic of him. 

5AF565E6--01.jpeg

• Like 2

@fishfreak0114 here's Ryder this morning. I fed the tank a lil bit of Roe. He didnt seem interested in it. Not sure if its cuz he isnt comfortable yet or cuz he doesnt like it. I will try and feed mysis this evening and see if he goes for that. 

1505750876215591510139.jpg

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, fishfreak0114 said:

:wub: He might just be settling in.  Mine eats pretty much anything now.

Hopefully, once he gets use to his home that he'll eat anything. He still hasnt seen his barnacle home I bought him. When my blasto tank is done I'll rehome him there with the barnacle and maybe he'll notice it then. 

• Like 1

Super excited to be getting my macroalgae soon from Weetabix. I ordered a small CPR intank refugium. Cant wait to use it. Finally I can stick my mangroves into something proper. 

Screenshot_20170919-182406.png

• Like 4

Ryder finally found his barnacle home I bought him. He still hasnt eaten yet. I tried mysis, algae wafer. I'll try brine shrimp after work. I hope he eats soon. Im getting worried 

20170920_150347.jpg

• Like 4

Awwww....how sweet!  Looks like he's still scared!  I bet it will just take a little more time for him to settle.  Did they say what they were feeding at the LFS?  I doubt they'd go for an algae wafer.  Even though they are supposed to be all about the algae, mine were always all about the meat :).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gena said:

Awwww....how sweet!  Looks like he's still scared!  I bet it will just take a little more time for him to settle.  Did they say what they were feeding at the LFS?  I doubt they'd go for an algae wafer.  Even though they are supposed to be all about the algae, mine were always all about the meat :).

You know I forgot to ask. Everytime I get a fish I always forget to ask to see them eat. I guess cuz of all the excitement of getting a new fish. I did try feeding him brine shrimp yesterday and he finally ate. I think he was still acclimating to the tank cuz now he's eating whatever comes by him. Yay!!! Je has so much personality. I love him. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Minmay said:

You know I forgot to ask. Everytime I get a fish I always forget to ask to see them eat. I guess cuz of all the excitement of getting a new fish. I did try feeding him brine shrimp yesterday and he finally ate. I think he was still acclimating to the tank cuz now he's eating whatever comes by him. Yay!!! Je has so much personality. I love him. 

That's super news!!!! :happydance: 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, gena said:

That's super news!!!! :happydance: 

Ikr! Ooooo amd the wife said I can buy a Mr. Aqua 12g long ....I just need to find a buyer for the fluval 13.5 and transfer my livestock to that. Yay!!

• Like 1

Yay!!! I got my small fuge yesterday and @Weetabix7 got her macroalgaes today. It was packaged nicely like a freaking professional! Im acclimating the bag right now. Im gonna have to do some rearranging in the tank since this fuge is kinda big even tho I ordered the small. Im so excited! Thank u Weetabix. Your cloves will be coming to you soon. 

20170928_144715.jpg

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, Minmay said:

Yay!!! I got my small fuge yesterday and @Weetabix7 got her macroalgaes today. It was packaged nicely like a freaking professional! Im acclimating the bag right now. Im gonna have to do some rearranging in the tank since this fuge is kinda big even tho I ordered the small. Im so excited! Thank u Weetabix. Your cloves will be coming to you soon. 

20170928_144715.jpg

:happydance:

There's Grape Caulerpa, Cympolia Barbata, Red Graciliara (might be graciliara parvispora, not positive), Graciliara Hayi, and small pieces of Galaxaura and Sargassum. Oh, and Cladophora.

• Like 2

So after trying to re-arrange stuff and pissing everyone off including myself. I've come to the conclussion I need a Longer tank lol. I got the "little" intank fuge on but since the tank is small it looks so big. I tried to plant the macroalgae in the substrate that I got from Gena but i didnt do a good job. As soon as the water went in it came out of the sand. Sigh, screw it lol. When i get a longer tank i think it will be better fit amd everything wont be so cramped. Here's a lil pic. 

20170928_191124.jpg

• Like 3

Reading up on each macroalgae and I thought "oooo i need a fuge light" so I had to make shift one. I took my Finnex light bar from my freshwater tank and wrapped the majority of it in black plastic bag. Only letting a few leds shine thru. Voila! it worked lol.

IMG_2017-09-29_21-41-37.JPG

Here's the plants a lil closer. I like this lil intank fuge thing. Its cool. 

20170930_061223.jpg

• Like 4

Omg! So, Elvis (clown fish) looks like he's interested in hosting one of my hammers. He's been hovering over it. Staring at it. This morning he was under it. I was so excited I screamed with joy but in the process scared my wife and Elvis. I got hit (not hard) and elvis went to the other side of the tank ????

• Haha 3