inTank Media Baskets

My journey to serenity

Minmay

Nixperience
2 minutes ago, Minmay said:

Lesson learned for sure but she was the one who sold it to me that way. When I bought em, it was dying so she probably didnt think it was gonna make it. Maybe thats why she put em' together like that. 

Ya I just got a BTA today and it was on a rock with some nice bright red mushrooms on it. I just freed the BTA from the rock and am debating on trading in the mushrooms. Not sure I want them in my tank. 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Minmay said:

I bought my first Blasto frag yesterday. These corals are really sexy to me and Im thinking about creating a blasto only tank. Anywho, I have a crush on my blasto. Its opened up nicely in my tank and actually looks bigger than what it did at LFS.

20170612_103436.jpg

Beautiful!  When my package gets here later from Legendary Corals, I'll have four varieties of blastos in my 5.5 lol. :rolleyes: I resisted the urge to buy even more as I have no idea where I would put them!

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Beautiful!  When my package gets here later from Legendary Corals, I'll have four varieties of blastos in my 5.5 lol. :rolleyes: I resisted the urge to buy even more as I have no idea where I would put them!

Oooo please put up pics on your thread. Id love to see them

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Minmay said:

Oooo please put up pics on your thread. Id love to see them

There's pics of two of them on my thread, the third there's a few pics on my old 1.6 thread (towards the end) but not many since the move because it had serious tissue recession after the move.  It's coming back though. :happydance: The fourth one will be here today along with a bunch of other stuff and I'm excited!!!  Tank's gonna be full lol.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

There's pics of two of them on my thread, the third there's a few pics on my old 1.6 thread (towards the end) but not many since the move because it had serious tissue recession after the move.  It's coming back though. :happydance: The fourth one will be here today along with a bunch of other stuff and I'm excited!!!  Tank's gonna be full lol.

Imma check it out! Thanks! Im excited for you! Its always so much fun getting new corals

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Minmay said:

Imma check it out! Thanks! Im excited for you! Its always so much fun getting new corals

It is, isn't it? :lol:  Like Christmas or a birthday or something lol

• Like 1

So, staring at my tank early this morning and I noticed that the blasto maybe getting too much flow?? I tried to move it to a different place on the rock but my dumba$$ glued it down br trying it out first. I read that blastos need low-mod flow. Even tho it opened fully it just looked like the flow was too strong. The ridges would go a little up when my hydor 425 came on. I unplugged the hydor and just have the stock pump going but now im concerned the flow is too low...sigh ...maybe I can find a smaller 2nd circulation pump?

24 minutes ago, Minmay said:

So, staring at my tank early this morning and I noticed that the blasto maybe getting too much flow?? I tried to move it to a different place on the rock but my dumba$$ glued it down br trying it out first. I read that blastos need low-mod flow. Even tho it opened fully it just looked like the flow was too strong. The ridges would go a little up when my hydor 425 came on. I unplugged the hydor and just have the stock pump going but now im concerned the flow is too low...sigh ...maybe I can find a smaller 2nd circulation pump?

Can you adjust the direction of the flow from the Hydor any?  Or go with a smaller Hydor?

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Can you adjust the direction of the flow from the Hydor any?  Or go with a smaller Hydor?

I tried turning the pump towards the opposite glass and it still looked too much. I can buy a smaller pump. Everything seems fine though and the blasto looks more happier. Maybe I'll try and just use the stock pump for now and see how the corals like it

• Like 1

Today i saw my first aiptasia in my tank. I have no idea how it got in but I suspect that the LFS that I bought my branching GSP tried to kill it by putting glue on it. I noticed that the glue on the bottom came off and there it was, sticking out. So since that half was dead, I cut that part off and threw it away. Hopefully, thats the last time i see aiptasia in my tank. 

• Like 1

Yesterday I went to my LFS to get SW for my routine wed WC. Looking around while he was mixing it for me and spotted a yellow watchman goby. I feel bad about Yoshi no longer having a goby to pair with and decided to get this one. Hopefully they will pair. Named the new goby Houdini since he always looks like he's trying to escape. For now I have a ghetto ass top (ziplock freezer bag ???) until I can make a nice screen. So far its keeping his ass in the tank 

20170622_102534.jpg

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, Minmay said:

Yesterday I went to my LFS to get SW for my routine wed WC. Looking around while he was mixing it for me and spotted a yellow watchman goby. I feel bad about Yoshi no longer having a goby to pair with and decided to get this one. Hopefully they will pair. Named the new goby Houdini since he always looks like he's trying to escape. For now I have a ghetto ass top (ziplock freezer bag ???) until I can make a nice screen. So far its keeping his ass in the tank 

20170622_102534.jpg

That's called being resourceful and making use of what you have!!

Congrats on the new fishie, hope pairs up with Yoshi soon. 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

That's called being resourceful and making use of what you have!!

Congrats on the new fishie, hope pairs up with Yoshi soon. 

Haha thanks! He's only been in the cave twice. They didnt see each other yet and since Mr Miyagi died, I barely see Yoshi outside the cave. 

• 2 weeks later...

So on July 2nd I went to my LFS to get SW and RO. Looking around I see Hector Gobies..FINALLY she was able to get the Goby I originally wanted. So I happy went home with him and the water. I wanted my ywg to pair with my pistol but Yoshi didnt like him. Yoshi actually fell inlove with Hector. He didnt mind hector being in his cave with him. I've read that Hector's dont pair with pistols so I felt it was odd. O well, at least now I finally see yoshi. 

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

One of my LFS guy told me about a store called eplastics, its a fiberglass store supplier. He told me that there's a bin of scraps that I can pick out for dirt cheap to make a top for my tank. Since I have a day off today I was finally able to go check out the store. Its pretty cool! I scored on some plexiglass. Bought the scrap and the knife to cut it to my tank size for a total cost of $7. Not too bad! Im stoked! 

fishfreak0114

I just read through your thread and the tank is looking good! :) One of my clowns made it into the back chamber of my tank once too, and boy was it a shock to see him looking up at me from there!  I think an all blasto tank would be awesome, blastos are one of my favorites.  I'm up to 10 types now, and they are all one section of rock.  Sorry to hear about Mr. Miyagi :(

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, fishfreak0114 said:

I just read through your thread and the tank is looking good! :) One of my clowns made it into the back chamber of my tank once too, and boy was it a shock to see him looking up at me from there!  I think an all blasto tank would be awesome, blastos are one of my favorites.  I'm up to 10 types now, and they are all one section of rock.  Sorry to hear about Mr. Miyagi :(

I wpuld love to make an all blasto tank. I have another fluval evo 13.5 tank but im just being lazy right now lol. Do you have a pic of your blastos? I would l9ve to see them. Thanks, I do miss Mr. Miyagi. He was a cool looking fish

22 minutes ago, fishfreak0114 said:

20170702_113317_resized

Wow those are really pretty!!! Yes, it is pretty shocking to see your fish in back chamber but its better than seeing it dead on floor or counter

• Like 1
fishfreak0114

Thanks :) It's pretty fun collecting them.  I was mostly just shocked to see the clown back there because my bc29 has a hood still, so he made it through the gap between the lid and the wall that divides the filtration from the rest of the tank-- not a very big gap.

• Like 1