Pod Your Reef

[SOLD] CPR AeroFuge HOB Protein Skimmer and Small Refugium w/ 18W Light

grmoore

I have a very gently used CPR Hang On Back AeroFuge Refugium/Skimmer with a CPR 18W light and acrylic standoffs for sale. This produces a really nice dark skim and is simple to adjust. Just hook up your favorite feed pump for flow and maybe some Miracle Mud and you're set.  $220 $200 shipped CONUS.

I originally purchased this at Marine Depot for about $450 plus the light and standoffs, so, about a $550 investment. 

Here is a link to the AeroFuge 

http://www.marinedepot.com/CPR_AeroFuge_Protein_Skimmer_and_Small_Refugium_w_18W_Light_Hang_On_Refugiums_Sumps-CPR-CR13411-FIRFEB-CR13411-vi.html

Dimensions:
Overall: 18"L x 3.5"W x 17"H
Skimmer: 7"L x 3.5"W x 17"H
Refugium: 11"L x 3.5"W x 13"H

This is a great aquarium skimmer and refugium - simple to adjust, produces great skim and provides a nice display for macro algae.

CPU_AeroFuge_1200x900.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Lowered price to $200!  This is a great refugium and very good skimmer!  It's also a very nice place to stow a heater, nano-reactors and sensor probes.

• 2 weeks later...
KyleAwesome

do you have any pictures of this up and running? I'm having a hard time visualizing how I'd place it on my tank. 

2 minutes ago, KyleAwesome said:

do you have any pictures of this up and running? I'm having a hard time visualizing how I'd place it on my tank. 

He does on his 12g long tank thread linked in his sig. 

It's a great tank thread by the way. ;)

KyleAwesome
3 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

I dont see a signature? :huh:

KyleAwesome
23 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

seriously though, is there a setting I'm missing somewhere? Here is what I see - 

wWTnvfu.jpg

19 minutes ago, KyleAwesome said:

seriously though, is there a setting I'm missing somewhere? Here is what I see - 

wWTnvfu.jpg

Are you getting on N-R from your phone?

I've heard you can't see Sigs on a phone. 

At any rate, here's his tank thread: https://www.nano-reef.com/forums/topic/279382-grs-12g-long-macro-reef/

I actually skimmed the whole thread for you looking for that pic but didn't see it. 

Coulda sworn it was on there. 

Sorry. :(

KyleAwesome
8 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Are you getting on N-R from your phone?

I've heard you can't see Sigs on a phone. 

At any rate, here's his tank thread: https://www.nano-reef.com/forums/topic/279382-grs-12g-long-macro-reef/

I actually skimmed the whole thread for you looking for that pic but didn't see it. 

Coulda sworn it was on there. 

Sorry. :(

No, I'm on a desktop (mac os, but using chrome so I cant imagine that matters...) either way no worries, I'd just hate to be oblivious if it was staring me in the face! 

1 minute ago, KyleAwesome said:

No, I'm on a desktop (mac os, but using chrome so I cant imagine that matters...) either way no worries, I'd just hate to be oblivious if it was staring me in the face! 

I hear ya. 

This is actually a pretty cool unit IMHO.

Here's another photo.  The distance from the center point of the inlet (on the right) to the closest edge of the overflow (on the left) is 12.5".  The overflow itself is 3.75" in width.  The support bar in the middle is centered on refugium and is about 1/2" wide with a clamping screw.

aerofuge.png

Thanks for the compliment Weety!  I really loved that tank.

• Like 1
On 8/1/2017 at 8:50 PM, grmoore said:

Here's another photo.  The distance from the center point of the inlet (on the right) to the closest edge of the overflow (on the left) is 12.5".  The overflow itself is 3.75" in width.  The support bar in the middle is centered on refugium and is about 1/2" wide with a clamping screw.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=c50b0cddbe5b031b

aerofuge.png

Thanks for the compliment Weety!  I really loved that tank.

You're welcome.

I can see why you loved the tank. 

I have actually read through that tank thread twice now, and taken notes, there's a ton of great info in it. 

And pics!!

GL with selling this unit, I do think it's pretty cool. 

• Recommended Discussions