Top Shelf Aquatics

Zoanthids with Aggressive Corals

SelectedByNature

SelectedByNature

I recently was gifted a bunch of corals (break out your tiny violins) and I have limited real estate in my nano as surely we all do. I'm wondering if zoas/palys are okay very close to other corals such as Acan Lords, GSP, Ricordea Florida Mushrooms, Frogspawns/Purple Tip Hammer, Hairy Mushrooms and Candy Cane corals.

If the specific brand of zoas/Palys in question is relevant they are: Sunny D, Rastas, Scrambled Eggs, Orange Bam Bams, Psychosis, Captain America etc.

They would potentially be right up close to any number of the above mentioned (potentially aggressive) corals.

Thanks for any suggestions!

yungKitten

I'd keep them away from the Acan Lords, Frogspawn, and Hammer. They should do fine near the Rics, GSP and Shrooms.  Unsure about the Candy Cane. I think it will be fine, but it's possible they have aggressive sweepers that I don't know about.

• Like 1
SelectedByNature
6 minutes ago, yungKitten said:

I'd keep them away from the Acan Lords, Frogspawn, and Hammer. They should do fine near the Rics, GSP and Shrooms.  Unsure about the Candy Cane. I think it will be fine, but it's possible they have aggressive sweepers that I don't know about.

Yeah that's sorta my thoughts as well but my space is so limited ATM. I need to put stuff on rocks but they aren't acclimated enough yet IME.

I have stuff right next to Acan Lords ATM but they seem fine so far.

SelectedByNature

Does anyone have experience with Zoas/Palys tolerant of aggressive neighbors. Or will aggressive corals ignore some corals like zoas?

Thanks, 

RIP Sebastian

22 minutes ago, SelectedByNature said:

Does anyone have experience with Zoas/Palys tolerant of aggressive neighbors. Or will aggressive corals ignore some corals like zoas?

Thanks, 

I wouldn't be too concerned. One of my BTAs plopped itself down by some palys and they are fine.

• Like 2
SelectedByNature
55 minutes ago, RIP Sebastian said:

I wouldn't be too concerned. One of my BTAs plopped itself down by some palys and they are fine.

Great thanks. I'll be cautious and check-up on them closely anyway. 

Not sure that all corals see them as a threat worth fighting over.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, SelectedByNature said:

Pic of stuff all close to Acan Lords on the "beach"...

IMG_20170528_092542_283.jpg

This looks okay to me. 

My tiny violin wasn't even necessary, happy for ya. :)

• Like 1

I have an acan next to zoas, nothings happened yet.

I've had them near frogspawn but they didn't make it, i suspect it was due to the frogspawn impeding on light as i have zoas 1/2" away from a hammer in my other tank with no ill effects.

I know my candy cane/trumpet stung my ricordia mushroom and that was 3" away. 

• Like 1
SelectedByNature
9 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

I have an acan next to zoas, nothings happened yet.

I've had them near frogspawn but they didn't make it, i suspect it was due to the frogspawn impeding on light as i have zoas 1/2" away from a hammer in my other tank with no ill effects.

I know my candy cane/trumpet stung my ricordia mushroom and that was 3" away. 

Thanks Clown79.

It's not helping that every time I turn around my Pistol Shrimp decides to redecorate on top of my frags. D:

Next weekend I should be able to get some stuff on rocks. Hopefully.