Innovative Marine Aquariums

Discouraged!

JonathanDillio

Nixperience
2 minutes ago, Hdale85 said:

Yeah just strange that the one with the light isn't on sale I guess. 

By the way that 10% off ends tonight I believe. 

Yup

He should change the thread title from "Discouraged" to "Help me spend my money"

• Like 3

For soft corals and lps aquamaxx nemolight is good and affordable.

Mars aqua

Marine orbit- softies and lps

Lighting isn't cheap, its the one area that definitely needs money being spent.

I wonder if, after seeing all the additional input, the OP might not be more confused than ever lol. :lol:

Personally, for ease of simplicity, I'd probably recommend the Red Sea Max Nano he's looking at since it comes with almost everything he needs to get started.  If he wants to try a significantly larger system later, he can, or if he decides the hobby's actually not for him, he's not out an exhorbitant amount of money and can sell the whole system as is if he wanted.  It's a gorgeous looking tank and perfectly fine for getting started, and some people find they never feel the need to upgrade to a big system.  The light will also allow him to keep pretty much whatever he wants.  But then, I like to keep things pretty simple and straightforward for ease of use. :)

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I wonder if, after seeing all the additional input, the OP might not be more confused than ever lol. :lol:

Personally, for ease of simplicity, I'd probably recommend the Red Sea Max Nano he's looking at since it comes with almost everything he needs to get started.  If he wants to try a significantly larger system later, he can, or if he decides the hobby's actually not for him, he's not out an exhorbitant amount of money and can sell the whole system as is if he wanted.  It's a gorgeous looking tank and perfectly fine for getting started, and some people find they never feel the need to upgrade to a big system.  The light will also allow him to keep pretty much whatever he wants.  But then, I like to keep things pretty simple and straightforward for ease of use. :)

Agree 200%

• Like 2
JonathanDillio
9 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Lol, things do get pretty confusing but I am no newbie to forums and, while everyone's advise is so much appreciated, I am able to "weed" through and find the advise that best tailors to my goals.

I actually purchase the Red Sea Max Nano last night! I am so damn excited! 

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, JonathanDillio said:

Lol, things do get pretty confusing but I am no newbie to forums and, while everyone's advise is so much appreciated, I am able to "weed" through and find the advise that best tailors to my goals.

I actually purchase the Red Sea Max Nano last night! I am so damn excited! 

Awesome!  That's so great!  I bet you will love it.  Hope you will update when you start a tank journal (and lots of pictures ;))!

• Like 1