Coral Vue Hydros

Condy Anemone

knc882007

So I am having some issues with my anemone. First of all I now know my tank was way to new for one but of course when I asked at the LFS They said that my water was fine and that I did not need to wait... So it has decided to move from on my rock which it has been for the last 11 days to under the rock formation in a cave. it pulled all its "arms" into its self. After a few mins he (or she) put its arms out but is still tucked into the cave. Is this normal or is it having issues. Please tell me he will come out and be pretty again.

My Parameters are as follows:
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-.125
Nitrate- 2.5
Salinity- .1.0235
Phosphate- 0

Condy Hiding.png

BustytheSnowMaam

It should come out and find a spot where it's happy.  If it keeps moving, it's not happy.  Anemones do tuck their tentacles in sometimes, and other times when they extend them they're huge.  Is it really pale white, except for its tips?  This can be a sign it has expelled its symbiotic algae due to stress and it's not a healthy specimen.  A healthy condy should be tan colored.  

He is tan this morning I found him on the back side of the rock. It seems that he just decided to go through the cave to move instead of over the rock. He just wanted to take the long way I guess.

BustytheSnowMaam

That's good.  It might just be trying to find a good spot.  You could offer it a little piece of fish or shrimp.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

They tend to ball up if over fed. I’m told to feed them twice a week if they have no host but not too much. I cut back on feeding. Mine was out for two days then we fed it, within an hour it closed back up. I fed it a small piece of thawed strained and saltwater absorbed shrimp. 

A Little Blue

Good luck but I honestly think you rushed things up quite a bit. You need to practice patience in the long run, it will save you a lot of $$$ and grief.