Innovative Marine Aquariums

DIY Mounting?

Waylon

I have been looking at different LED options for a new 20G tank I plan to do over the summer. I currently am considering some hanging LEDs. I feel like this would be a great option but I cannot hang them into the ceiling or mount them on the wall because my apartment lease won't allow me. Any DIY solutions out there?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Waylon said:

I have been looking at different LED options for a new 20G tank I plan to do over the summer. I currently am considering some hanging LEDs. I feel like this would be a great option but I cannot hang them into the ceiling or mount them on the wall because my apartment lease won't allow me. Any DIY solutions out there?

You can buy mounts/arms that attach to the stand. 

• Like 1

I'm planning a system with a similar lighting setup, will follow along to see what folks say.

I'm planning on some nice-ish reflector fixtures to put some Par bulbs in. As for mounting, I will use the built-in clamps to mount them upwards in the cabinet I am building and point them down. Easy access and adjustments.

Edit! Oh if you're into "cute but tacky", i just thought of something! A vintage-looking clothes rack (Minimal, just the rod for hanging  clothes) to use with fixtures pointing down! Like this.

• Like 2