Top Shelf Aquatics

Jagadeesh's Elysian Gills

thespinningsadhu

1 hour ago, thespinningsadhu said:

LOLOLOL!!!! Of course not. 

I really didn't think so, but that might have explained the high salinity. :blush:  You know, the tank doesn't look too bad.  I'm wondering if the test results are right.  Anyway you can take a water sample to a friends or your LFS to have them check it?

49 minutes ago, thespinningsadhu said:

wherein Conjugal Visit & Mortimer dine. don’t blink or you’ll miss it. 

How cute.

• Like 3
thespinningsadhu

but here’s the thing - if my refractometer were off wouldn’t it be off for distilled water also? that’s what's throwing me. i’ll just have to order another refractometer to test against i guess. i don’t have friends. they’re burdens. 

• Haha 3

Yeah, calibrating against distilled water should get you pretty close.  I know a lot of people recommend calibration fluid, which allows you to calibrate it at a more typical specific gravity.  But unless your refractometer is wonky, distilled water should do.

I actually use a cheap hydrometer most of the time (and occasionally check it with my refractometer).  Maybe you can get one of those as a check.

• Like 1
thespinningsadhu
1 hour ago, pal said:

Should calibrate refractometer with calibration fluid.  Stay unburdened. Get a Milwaukee digital refractometer 

that’s an investment i’m not willing to make right now. too many corals to get first. thanks for telling me about it. it’s on my radar now. 

• 2 weeks later...
thespinningsadhu

Hey ya’ll. Been running running running. I miss ya’ll. 

Two days ago Mortimer decided he’d had enough of life and swam into the arms of the pink maxi mini. Super bummed about that. Like kind of super sad heart broken cause that f*cker was so cute. 

I’ll eventually replace him with a bonded pair but need to research how to get the anemones out as they are attached to the actual aquarium. I don’t think it’s a good idea to have them with a fish that likes to hide in nooks and crannies. 

• Sad 4
14 minutes ago, thespinningsadhu said:

Two days ago Mortimer decided he’d had enough of life and swam into the arms of the pink maxi mini. Super bummed about that. Like kind of super sad heart broken cause that f*cker was so cute. 

I’ll eventually replace him with a bonded pair but need to research how to get the anemones out as they are attached to the actual aquarium. I don’t think it’s a good idea to have them with a fish that likes to hide in nooks and crannies. 

Hi!

Poor Mortimer :tears:

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, thespinningsadhu said:

you can use a credit card to slide them off the tank glass

• Like 1
On 10/29/2017 at 12:58 PM, thespinningsadhu said:

Your fish luck is almost as bad as mine. :(

• Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...