Jump to content

Recommended Posts

a couple of updates...

 

sorry for not being around much. i’m so busy here lately and not feeling my best and just exhausted. i lurk on all your threads. 

 

got a new fish - one i’ve always loved - swales swissguard basslet. i seem to have a penchant for shy fish that hide. except he wants the same hiding place as mortimer and they’ve already squared up on each other. so far, mortimer puffs biggest. his name is conjugal visit. 

 

37223807246_73ee678bb8_b.jpg

 

i also got a coral that sounds like a japanese porn niche. found the name - Raspberry Eye Robokaki37014761720_b5f25ee7ff_b.jpg

 

then a cyphastrea something.

37413004825_59bcbfb304_b.jpg

 

 

finally, a blue and purple stylophora. 

 

36601041833_9bda67ce36_b.jpg

 

i lost my hammer. i think it and the lobo frag got into it and the lobo one. he has battle scars, however. 

37014762800_864d9436a0_b.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

oh! no photo but i have a great tiny hitchhiker. a brittle star. i saw two tiny legs one day and thought it was aptaisia. but when i turned over the rock today i saw him. you can barely see it. tiny, tiny. 

 

oh, i got a pom pom crab too. this ####er is cute and SUCH A QUEEN. Photo later. Let’s name him. 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, fishfreak0114 said:

That basslet is beautiful!

thanks! he’s still very shy and from what i’ve read will always be so. i don't, however, have a lot of rock for him to hide in. i thought i’d done all my research before i ordered and, wel, i did, but missed every site that said they’re secretive. 

 

he's totally upsetting mortimer. not in a bad way, he’s just like “who are you an why are you in my tank?” and he’s actually swimming all over - i've never seen him out like this. it scared me at first because i didn’t know what it was! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

here's the pompom crab. i couldn't get his pompoms. i didn’t know they were this tiny. he’s minuscule!

 

8D22A01A-238E-4780-A619-010D6C66DD8A

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Lula_Mae   
23 minutes ago, thespinningsadhu said:

a couple of updates...

 

sorry for not being around much. i’m so busy here lately and not feeling my best and just exhausted. i lurk on all your threads. 

 

got a new fish - one i’ve always loved - swales swissguard basslet. i seem to have a penchant for shy fish that hide. except he wants the same hiding place as mortimer and they’ve already squared up on each other. so far, mortimer puffs biggest. his name is conjugal visit. 

 

37223807246_73ee678bb8_b.jpg

 

i also got a coral that sounds like a japanese porn niche. 

37014761720_b5f25ee7ff_b.jpg

 

then a cyphastrea something.

37413004825_59bcbfb304_b.jpg

 

 

finally, a blue and purple stylophora. 

 

36601041833_9bda67ce36_b.jpg

 

i lost my hammer. i think it and the lobo frag got into it and the lobo one. he has battle scars, however. 

37014762800_864d9436a0_b.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

oh! no photo but i have a great tiny hitchhiker. a brittle star. i saw two tiny legs one day and thought it was aptaisia. but when i turned over the rock today i saw him. you can barely see it. tiny, tiny. 

 

oh, i got a pom pom crab too. this ####er is cute and SUCH A QUEEN. Photo later. Let’s name him. 

The name! :lol:

3 minutes ago, thespinningsadhu said:

here's the pompom crab. i couldn't get his pompoms. i didn’t know they were this tiny. he’s minuscule!

 

8D22A01A-238E-4780-A619-010D6C66DD8A

 

I'm not sure any name can top conjugal visit lol.  Looks like he's got algae on his carapace so when he molts he'll be all shiny!  Does he have his poms?  They really are tinier than you'd ever expect when you finally see them in person.

1 minute ago, fishfreak0114 said:

If I get a second tank, a pom pom is on my list!  How big is it?

The carapace is around the size of a U.S. dime--it's tiny!  Maybe an inch from side to side with the legs.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, fishfreak0114 said:

If I get a second tank, a pom pom is on my list!  How big is it?

dude, DUDE. It could fit on the end of a pencil eraser. and it’s so cute walking and waving his anemones like he’s daring someone to #### with him. LOL. 

8 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

The carapace is around the size of a U.S. dime--it's tiny!  Maybe an inch from side to side with the legs.

no, the fish's name is conjugal visit. my crab is nowhere near the size of a dime. i’d say his carapace is one-fourth of an inch?

 

i dont think that’s moss - it’s like fur or whiskers. he has pompoms but i couldn’t get them. he was sleeping. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

That sounds adorable!!! I see why they need to be in a smaller tank to be appreciated.  I knew they were tiny but, damn, that's small!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Lula_Mae   
4 minutes ago, thespinningsadhu said:

dude, DUDE. It could fit on the end of a pencil eraser. and it’s so cute walking and waving his anemones like he’s daring someone to #### with him. LOL. 

no, the fish's name is conjugal visit. my crab is nowhere near the size of a dime. i’d say his carapace is one-fourth if an inch?

 

i dont think that’s moss - it’s like fur or whiskers. he has pompoms but i couldn’t get them. he was sleeping. 

Wow, yours sounds like a baby!  All of mine have been bigger but still tiny!  And yeah, I think they could be little thugs if they needed to be lol.  Shelby sure was!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I love Conjugal Visit and I love Pom poms!  I can never keep them alive or I would have a million.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

I love Conjugal Visit and I love Pom poms!  I can never keep them alive or I would have a million.  

i know. i’m already researching just how many is too many. LOL. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post

Conjugal Visit is doing  well. He seems less nervous and has pooped and is eating pods off the glass and rocks. I'ma try to get some pro level pics. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Here Conjugal Visit is doing what he does best: playing hide & hide...

 

conjugal visit

 

Macro lenses are a blessing and a curse. I've just razored the glass and it looks like I missed a spot. But look at all the cool shit growing!!

 

growing things

 

@Weetabix7 could the critter in the lower righthand corner be the highly sought after cranagulous mythril encrusted persimminous acetaminopher?

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Lula_Mae   
30 minutes ago, thespinningsadhu said:

@Lula_Mae I just saw in a photo I took that my pompom crab is pompom-less. Where can I get him some?

 

my poor baby

 

He may try to make makeshift poms from other corals.  When my Shelby lost hers, I tried adding a second pom pom crab with poms in hopes they would share...which ended in death for the newcomer, poor girl.  I found them hanging from my macro and Shelby was EATING SHIRLEY'S LEG!!!  Attempt this at your own risk. :mellow:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

He may try to make makeshift poms from other corals.  When my Shelby lost hers, I tried adding a second pom pom crab with poms in hopes they would share...which ended in death for the newcomer, poor girl.  I found them hanging from my macro and Shelby was EATING SHIRLEY'S LEG!!!  Attempt this at your own risk. :mellow:

i hope that he clips some from the turd brown rock flower anemone. bless his heart. i’m so sad for him. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
seabass   
9 hours ago, thespinningsadhu said:

 I just saw in a photo I took that my pompom crab is pompom-less.

I think that's pretty typical.  However, that could be a good thing, as the anemones can sting/irritate coral.

 

The baby snail in the picture is a calcareous spirorbid tube worm (a harmless, arguably beneficial, sometimes annoying, filter feeder).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
samnaz   
On 9/23/2017 at 4:48 PM, thespinningsadhu said:

a couple of updates...

 

sorry for not being around much. i’m so busy here lately and not feeling my best and just exhausted. i lurk on all your threads. 

 

got a new fish - one i’ve always loved - swales swissguard basslet. i seem to have a penchant for shy fish that hide. except he wants the same hiding place as mortimer and they’ve already squared up on each other. so far, mortimer puffs biggest. his name is conjugal visit. 

 

37223807246_73ee678bb8_b.jpg

 

i also got a coral that sounds like a japanese porn niche. found the name - Raspberry Eye Robokaki37014761720_b5f25ee7ff_b.jpg

 

then a cyphastrea something.

37413004825_59bcbfb304_b.jpg

 

 

finally, a blue and purple stylophora. 

 

36601041833_9bda67ce36_b.jpg

 

i lost my hammer. i think it and the lobo frag got into it and the lobo one. he has battle scars, however. 

37014762800_864d9436a0_b.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

oh! no photo but i have a great tiny hitchhiker. a brittle star. i saw two tiny legs one day and thought it was aptaisia. but when i turned over the rock today i saw him. you can barely see it. tiny, tiny. 

 

oh, i got a pom pom crab too. this ####er is cute and SUCH A QUEEN. Photo later. Let’s name him. 

LOL "the lobo one". Bummer you lost the hammer though. The new fish is very pretty!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/24/2017 at 7:25 PM, thespinningsadhu said:

Here Conjugal Visit is doing what he does best: playing hide & hide...

 

conjugal visit

 

Macro lenses are a blessing and a curse. I've just razored the glass and it looks like I missed a spot. But look at all the cool shit growing!!

 

growing things

 

@Weetabix7 could the critter in the lower righthand corner be the highly sought after cranagulous mythril encrusted persimminous acetaminopher?

 

:o:blink:omgomgomgomgomgomg

Share this post


Link to post

i’ve not seen the pompom crab since i posted about him. i think maybe the basslet ate him? he would be the only threat. oh well. 

 

i've spent the evening with my hand and scissors in the tank cutting digitate hydroids. i also discovered there is a SPONGE in the powerhead that was so thick with shit it was blocked. that’s why i’m having nutrient issues feeding undesirables. it’s gone. 

 

new marine current orbit light came in that has four different colors. nice. 

 

photos. 

 

anyone have any idea why the cyphastrea never opens?

 

 

stylo ii

 

stylo

 

 

 

robokaki

 

digitate hydroid

 

 

cyphastrea

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Lugmos12 said:

you’re replacing the stock light?

already did. it was a good deal. barely a hundred dollars. four colors. great spectrum. makes my wiener look bigger. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Lugmos12   
30 minutes ago, thespinningsadhu said:

already did. it was a good deal. barely a hundred dollars. four colors. great spectrum. makes my wiener look bigger. 

fotos!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recommended Discussions

  • Sign Up or Sign In to hide this.

×