ReefCleaners.org

Jagadeesh's Elysian Gills

thespinningsadhu

• 2 weeks later...
thespinningsadhu

Mortimer still going strong. He gets in fights with the crab and conch. 

I ordered a fish from LADD and everything was fine but then get an email saying they can't complete it but there's no reason. I did it on the phone wth them and the charges are on my card. Thoughts? 

This, I guess, will be the new guy 

IMG_4843.JPG

• Wow 1
11 minutes ago, thespinningsadhu said:

I ordered a fish from LADD and everything was fine but then get an email saying they can't complete it but there's no reason. I did it on the phone wth them and the charges are on my card. Thoughts? 

IMG_4843.JPG

I was wondering about ole Mortimer. Glad he's doing well. 

• Like 1
thespinningsadhu

he hides. all the time. but i believe that's the nature of the fish. he's no longer terrified of me and will come near the pipette. 

elegance coral died for some reason - everything else is flourishing. keeping its skeleton because there are pretty red feather dusters on it. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
Just now, thespinningsadhu said:

he hides. all the time. but i believe that's the nature of the fish. he's no longer terrified of me and will come near the pipette. 

elegance coral died for some reason - everything else is flourishing. keeping its skeleton because there are pretty red feather dusters on it. 

Elegance are such b*tches...... it seems like they all get sick so I don't bother.  

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, thespinningsadhu said:

He gets in fights with the crab and conch.

Ha, that's hilarious.  I can just picture the little guy doing that.  You'll have to get a video.

Good to hear from you.  Seems like it's been awhile since you posted.

Pink-Streaked Wrasse right?  Nice looking fish.  Yeah, I called them once before.  If I remember correctly, I came away thinking that ordering online was a lot easier.  If they charged your card, I'm pretty sure the order went through.  Don't they send an email when they ship it?

thespinningsadhu

He seems happy. 

Not sure about the PSW. It's just weird that I placed and paid for the order over the phone and then get that email. Of course, I get it right after they're closed so i have to wait to see what's up. 

I've not posted in a while. Been very busy with a very sick pup. But he's on the mend now, after lots of medicine and a few thousand dollars. anyone have any ramen noodles that they don't need? 

• Like 2
  • Wow 3
thespinningsadhu
22 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Elegance are such b*tches...... it seems like they all get sick so I don't bother.  

yeah - nothing changed - nothing else died or got sick. ####er. After this and the turd brown RFA i'll no longer order from a certain shop in a city that rhymes with boston. 

3 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I wish I could pet his hairy face. :blush:

LOL. He'd sting the shit out of you. Full body shot. almost. 

• Like 3
44 minutes ago, thespinningsadhu said:

but then get an email saying they can't complete it

If the fish doesn't look healthy, they may choose to hold to order.  But I'm not sure why they couldn't just tell you that. Man, you've had your share of problems ordering livestock.  I'd probably give them a call tomorrow and see what the story is.

11 hours ago, thespinningsadhu said:

IMG_4843.JPG

YOU bought him!!!  I saw that when it was sold and thought somebody got lucky with a gorgeous fish!  Now you got your own pink lipstick baby!  (Maybe?  Hah I hope so!) omgomgomg

11 hours ago, thespinningsadhu said:

He seems happy. 

Not sure about the PSW. It's just weird that I placed and paid for the order over the phone and then get that email. Of course, I get it right after they're closed so i have to wait to see what's up. 

I've not posted in a while. Been very busy with a very sick pup. But he's on the mend now, after lots of medicine and a few thousand dollars. anyone have any ramen noodles that they don't need? 

Sorry about your puppy :( Is this one of the elderly ones?  I like to dress ramen up with adding things and making soup out of it...am I too old for that? :unsure:

• Like 2

Glad funny Mortimer is well!!!

:( bout Pup. 

Elegance corals are difficult, it's why I never get them even though they're very pretty. 

Hope the Pink Streak Wrasse works out, they're cool fish!!!

• Like 1
12 hours ago, thespinningsadhu said:

pic?

• Like 1
thespinningsadhu
On 9/15/2017 at 10:02 AM, Lula_Mae said:

YOU bought him!!!  I saw that when it was sold and thought somebody got lucky with a gorgeous fish!  Now you got your own pink lipstick baby!  (Maybe?  Hah I hope so!) omgomgomg

Sorry about your puppy :( Is this one of the elderly ones?  I like to dress ramen up with adding things and making soup out of it...am I too old for that? :unsure:

Well, neither of us is meant to have a PSW. Wilhemena was dead on arrival because the dumb f*cks didn't tape the cold pack top the lid and the bag of water was sixty-eight degrees. I HATE THEM. 

IMG_20170919_100914.jpg

• Sad 3
2 hours ago, thespinningsadhu said:

Well, neither of us is meant to have a PSW. Wilhemena was dead on arrival because the dumb f*cks didn't tape the cold pack top the lid and the bag of water was sixty-eight degrees. I HATE THEM. 

IMG_20170919_100914.jpg

IMG_20170919_100628.jpg

That totally sucks. :( 

thespinningsadhu
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

That totally sucks. :( 

I know! It was a cute fish, too. Cuter than the photos. I thought maybe it had gotten so cold it was cryogenically frozen so I temp acclimated anyway. There's always hope, right? LOL. 

I ended up feeding him to my maxi mini. No sense in him going to waste. 

I'm not being mean - I'd rather be fed to something when I die than be thrown in the trash. 

Photo follows .. it's almost as if he's looking at that big reef in the sky....

_DSC1931-01.jpeg

On 9/15/2017 at 11:13 AM, Lugmos12 said:

pic?

of what?

• Like 5
3 hours ago, thespinningsadhu said:

I know! It was a cute fish, too. Cuter than the photos. I thought maybe it had gotten so cold it was cryogenically frozen so I temp acclimated anyway. There's always hope, right? LOL. 

I'm not being mean - I'd rather be fed to something when I die than be thrown in the trash. 

_DSC1931-01.jpeg

of what?

It's like recycling! I love it! :lol:

• Like 2
5 hours ago, thespinningsadhu said:

Sorry about the fish, but this is great. Haha. 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, thespinningsadhu said:

IMG_20170919_100914.jpg

Awwwwwww I'm so sorry, she was beautiful!  Wrasses don't ship well in the best of circumstances from what I understand.  When I ordered my Pederson's, they placed the ice pack right next to one of the shrimp bags... <_< Pretty sure that's the one which didn't survive, too.

When I got my pretty pink wrasse, there was nothing left but a few spines and a couple chunks, it was terrible.  I ended up dumping what was left outside, figuring it could be fertilizer for something.  I felt the same as you, no sense in it going to waste!

• Like 3