ReefCleaners.org

Jagadeesh's Elysian Gills

thespinningsadhu

thespinningsadhu

Everyone please to be meeting Mortimer. 

Mortimer - Kick Ass African Gumdrop Coral Croucher.

He is SO LITTLE. Now I can see why they named it gumdrop. And he's feisty!! And fast. And now hiding in the death corner. LOL. 

• Like 4
thespinningsadhu
13 minutes ago, seabass said:

Then almost full grown.

Yes! I want 17 MOAR!!!!

You just can't imagine how cute they are on person!!!! The pictures absolutely do them no justice. 

• Like 3
thespinningsadhu
12 minutes ago, fishfreak0114 said:

He looks kinda fuzzy :wub:

He is! They are fuzzy all over and their dorsal fin is venomous. I'm going to try to get him to eat in a couple of hours. 

• Like 2
thespinningsadhu

you guys... how cool is this? it's one of my fighting conch's eyeball. they operate individually! this photo was an accident. a happy one. 

fighting conch eyeball

• Like 4
  • Wow 3
thespinningsadhu
51 minutes ago, seabass said:

Hmm...  neat shot.

Hey, how's the cleanup crew doing?  Notice any difference?

Not really. They're all fine. The two babylonian snails I never see. They were TINEH. Maybe the size of a baby english pea. I got some weird hermit crab that had disguised itself as a cerith snail. LA sent me a danged emerald crab instead of a porcelain crab. 

I did notice that I can feed more on feeding days and not have to worry about leftovers. I've been trying to target feed the croucher everyday. 

No more cyano because I used that preportioned pill. But it sent my protein skimmer NUTS. I can't even turn it on anymore. 

2 minutes ago, thespinningsadhu said:

But it sent my protein skimmer NUTS. I can't even turn it on anymore. 

Make up a couple gallons of water.  Then turn your skimmer on.  Keep on emptying the collection cup as it fills up.  It will quickly skim a gallon or more of water, then all of the sudden, stop and start working as it used to.  Replace the skimmed out water with new saltwater.  The whole process should take a couple of hours.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, thespinningsadhu said:

Not really. They're all fine. The two babylonian snails I never see. They were TINEH. Maybe the size of a baby english pea. I got some weird hermit crab that had disguised itself as a cerith snail. LA sent me a danged emerald crab instead of a porcelain crab. 

I did notice that I can feed more on feeding days and not have to worry about leftovers. I've been trying to target feed the croucher everyday. 

No more cyano because I used that preportioned pill. But it sent my protein skimmer NUTS. I can't even turn it on anymore. 

They sent an emerald instead of a porcelain???  How do you even...and I thought my empty shell plus hermit-not-cerith was bad!  And my red sponge has basically died like yours did. :(

• Wow 1
thespinningsadhu

I know

57 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

They sent an emerald instead of a porcelain???  How do you even...and I thought my empty shell plus hermit-not-cerith was bad!  And my red sponge has basically died like yours did. :(

I know. They sort of suck. i will say, however, that they made it more than right. 

On 23/08/2017 at 11:52 PM, thespinningsadhu said:

@seabass @Lula_Mae @WV Reefer @Weetabix7

When you guys started, did you have a vision for your tank? A final composition or tableau? I like my tank but it still seems disparate to me. Kind of like I've just got things sitting in there all willy-nilly. 

You're fake? Like Mariah's tits and talent? No comprendo.

My first tank I just added what i could get my hands on. No pattern at all.

My 15g and 10g have both been changed in the 2.5yrs I've had them.

15g started as a softy tank and then I decided I didn't want that. I wanted a heavy Lps tank with a few sps. I also changed the aquascape 3 times due to coral changes.

My 10g went from sps to softy/lps and also an aquascape change.

I think it's a really good idea to pre plan. Figure out the corals you really like and see if they have similar needs because it's easier to accommodate them when they have similar requirements rather than total opposites. 

On 24/08/2017 at 0:03 AM, thespinningsadhu said:

On a fresher note - I pimped out the betta's tank. I was going for 80s tacky. 

Luv it. Loved the 80's...good times. 

• Like 1

Yeah they've not been doing the best.  But still a better source than the LFS's I have access too lol.  Did you see my skinny-minny blenny? (See what I did there? :lol:)

• Like 2
On 26/08/2017 at 1:44 PM, thespinningsadhu said:

He's about an inch long and almost that wide. 

Mortimer

Oh my...so cute. Never seen one before!

You take very good shots of your livestock!

• Thanks 1
thespinningsadhu
16 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Yeah they've not been doing the best.  But still a better source than the LFS's I have access too lol.  Did you see my skinny-minny blenny? (See what I did there? :lol:)

yeah, i think i did.  bless it. 

yeah, at least with LADD you know youre at least gonna get your money back. 

16 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Oh my...so cute. Never seen one before!

You take very good shots of your livestock!

thank you! that's actually a pretty bad one as it is from my ipad and is beyond color correction. gonna take a good one now with the blues off so you can see his real color. 

• Like 1
thespinningsadhu
18 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Oh

so, unfortunately, for me, this fish has a good memory. 

the first night i had him he was laying on top of the return valve with seventy percent of his body out of the water. He was alive. The next morning I wake up and he looks like he's wedged under this rock and his eyes look like they have been eaten out. So I get my trusty shish kabob skewers and try to get him out. Turns out he is ALIVE. So I've scarred and mortified this poor fish. 

Turns out he likes this place and that the light was reflecting off his eyes making them look like they were just sockets. And given my track record with LADD can you blame me? I feel bad but he and I will just have to build our trust slowly. And I wasn't stabbing at him - I was just sort of swiping him. 

Here's the original DD photo of him. 

IMG_4008.JPG

Edited by thespinningsadhu
  • Like 2