Coral Vue Hydros

Jagadeesh's Elysian Gills

thespinningsadhu

thespinningsadhu
13 hours ago, Lugmos12 said:

is a mini carpet anemone easier than a bubble tip?

Yeah. It's like a pretty cockroach. They'll be here after the apocalypse. And they're gorgeous. 

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
On 8/13/2017 at 3:02 PM, thespinningsadhu said:

Pretty purple hitchhiker. 

Pretty algae

Ooooh, I love this!!!

On 8/15/2017 at 8:06 PM, seabass said:

Cool, I've almost pulled the trigger on those more than once.  You'll have to post how you like it.

Same here, I've always been really interested in these!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, thespinningsadhu said:

Yeah. It's like a pretty cockroach. They'll be here after the apocalypse. And they're gorgeous. 

lmfao is this shade? 

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Lugmos12 said:

I found a rose bubble tip for $20 :haha:

*fights temptation*

I probably wouldn't be able to pass that up. 

I have both a Maxi Mini Carpet Anemone and 2 RBTA's and I agree the Maxi is easier. 

Of my 2 RBTA, one is settled, huge and happy and the other insists on wandering all over the tank in really bizarre places. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

I probably wouldn't be able to pass that up. 

I have both a Maxi Mini Carpet Anemone and 2 RBTA's and I agree the Maxi is easier. 

Of my 2 RBTA, one is settled, huge and happy and the other insists on wandering all over the tank in really bizarre places. 

how big is your tank? I have the Evo 13.5g

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Lugmos12 said:

how big is your tank? I have the Evo 13.5g

It's a 40 Breeder. 

However, when I first got the Maxi Mini it lived in a 4g. Then a 1.5g, then a 15g.... it's a Gypsy Anemone. 

I had one of the RBTA's in my 15g when I first got it (the one that's happy & settled now), and then I transferred it over to the 40B when i set that up a few weeks ago. 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, seabass said:

@Lugmos12, keep in mind that BTAs can sometimes grow to the size of a dinner plate.  How do you feel about upgrading to a larger tank?

i mean i'm obsessed so i'll upgrade in the future but not anytime soon

• Like 1
thespinningsadhu
9 hours ago, Lugmos12 said:

lmfao is this shade? 

Nah, not throwing shade. When I throw shade, you'll only realize it a week later. 

I'm just saying they're super super hardy. 

You can always trade trade the bubble tip in when it gets too big. That's what I'm going to do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
thespinningsadhu

So I don't have my Coral Gumdrop Croucher. LA/DD fu*ked up again. They shipped it. Stopped the shipment. Returned it to their facility. REALLY? So it will be a week before I have the little guy. He's gotta be so stressed. 

• Wow 2

lol they're having a rough week I think.  Instead of two ceriths and a scarlet hermit, I got one cerith, one unidentified hermit, and an empty shell. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
thespinningsadhu

They more than made it right, I'll say. It's just that I've had only one transaction from them that wasn't messed up. 

Just re-homed Peejoe. Mean little shit.

BOY BYE. 

_DSC0777

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
thespinningsadhu
49 minutes ago, Lugmos12 said:

@thespinningsadhu

1. What happened to the Jebao?

2. Clowns are f***ng ruthless. My larger female is super aggressive to the smaller male - I'm thinking of re-homing her or for the hairy mushroom to eat her.

It "winds down". To make it work I have to unplug it and plug it back up. I've cleaned it four or five times. Thankfully Amazon is taking it back. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, thespinningsadhu said:

It "winds down". To make it work I have to unplug it and plug it back up. I've cleaned it four or five times. Thankfully Amazon is taking it back. 

Sounds like it might've been faulty from the get go. Glad Amazon is taking it back!

• Like 1
thespinningsadhu

Ya'll. My tailspot blenny, Ricardo, has disappeared. Vanished. 

I did a water change and he was in the tank when I was putting the new water in. I know it because I saw him. Now he's gone. I've looked on the floor to see if he jumped but he didn't. 

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Sounds like it might've been faulty from the get go. Glad Amazon is taking it back!

Yeah, I contacted the seller on Amazon and he wanted me to send him a check for $10 for a replacement. 

REALLY?

I didn't know checks were still a thing. 

Yeah, I'm gonna send you my hard-earned money outside of Amazon so you have no accountability. 

It should be a warranty replacement because it has been two months. 

Not happening. 

• Wow 1
7 minutes ago, thespinningsadhu said:

I did a water change and he was in the tank when I was putting the new water in. I know it because I saw him. Now he's gone. I've looked on the floor to see if he jumped but he didn't. 

giphy.gif

Yeah, I contacted the seller on Amazon and he wanted me to send him a check for $10 for a replacement. 

REALLY?

I didn't know checks were still a thing. 

Yeah, I'm gonna send you my hard-earned money outside of Amazon so you have no accountability. 

It should be a warranty replacement because it has been two months. 

Not happening. 

That sounds like an Amazon smackdown waiting to happen on that guy...

Is Ricky in the back chambers?

thespinningsadhu
29 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Is Ricky in the back chambers?

I just looked and he's not. I took out the protein skimmer and shone a light down there. I picked up every rock in the tank and he's not there. Surely if one of the maxi minis got him I'd see a tail or something hanging out? I've looked everywhere - on my hands and knees - and he's gone. And to top it all off I just did a five gallon water change but my water looks like shit because I had to pick up all the rocks. 

fishfreak0114
2 hours ago, thespinningsadhu said:

giphy.gif

Best show ever!  I watched all 8 seasons several times and then it wasn't on Netflix anymore :(

I hope you find Ricardo! fingerscrossed