Fish stocking question

MiltonCastillo

MiltonCastillo

I have a 12g nano cube with 16 pounds of live rock and 16 pounds of live sand. I do 10-15% water changes per week and run PolyFilter 24/7 (replaced every 2 weeks).

My question is related to the number of fish I have:

1. Yellow Watchman Goby - about 1.75", have had for 4 months.

2. Blue Neon Goby - about 1.25", have had for 4 months.

3. Catalina Goby - about 1.25", have had for 1 week (doesn't seem bothered by the temperature).

Today I added my final addition:

4. Green Clown Goby - about 1.00"

I love having the color variation of the yellow, blue, red and green gobies.

I believe all 4 fish are low bioload because they like to perch and do not swim constantly like other fish. In addition, they are not strong eaters like Ocellaris Clowns, therefore, less waste to process.

Would love to get your comments - is my thinking ok, or is it too much?

MiltonCastillo

By the way, the Green Clown Goby I added yesterday seems to be very stationary, therefore I think it is not a big bioload at all. They only grow to 1.5".

Well at least you don't have a tang or lionfish in there :woot: You've been very selective and have stayed with very small fish. I would think that you are still okay, but you are pretty maxed out IMO. I'd love to see a few pics.

MiltonCastillo

Thanks for the response!

You are correct, I thought a lot about what kind of fish would allow me to have four very colorful fish, while staying safe with water quality. Two of the ones a chose, the blue neon and the catalina only grow to a max of 2". In addition, as I stated above, the green clown goby only grows to a max of 1.5". The yellow watchman, being the largest, will only grow to a maximum of 3". In addition, all four fish don't have a wide body, which I assume help with keeping waste low.

I will post a pic of the tank as soon as I can borrow a digital camera. I finally have my tank the way I imagined when I got into the hobby 6 months ago - I nice nano reef with colorful corals and four brilliant and beautiful fish.

Archived