SaltCritters.com

My first saltwater aquascape in a 40b

Hdale85

This is my first aquascape, I had it a different way and let it sit a couple weeks and then removed everything and started over and I think I'm pretty fond of this one, figured I'd see what you guys think? 

IMG_20170524_095316_zpsm0cmkmsr.jpgIMG_20170524_095410_zpsujmkjtva.jpgIMG_20170524_095423_zpsqrm9d8qw.jpg

• Like 2

I like it.

This is just a personal preference of mine, but I like a lot of sand showing.  So I would probably try to move the two rocks from the center, to the bigger rock formation on the right.  This way you would have a prime place for a fungia or other sand bed corals.

But aquascapes are all a matter of personal tastes.

• Like 2

It feels pretty stable, I may grab some epoxy this weekend though, or a giant tube of gel superglue. 

1 minute ago, seabass said:

I like it.

This is just a personal preference of mine, but I like a lot of sand showing.  So I would probably try to move the two rocks from the center, to the bigger rock formation on the right.  This way you would have a prime place for a fungia or other sand bed corals.

Yeah I've been thinking about moving them as well. 

• Like 1

How about this? I thought maybe if I had any dominant coral it'd be nice to have a rock that was separate from the main rocks. 

IMG_20170524_101800_zpsy6wsgsob.jpgIMG_20170524_101814_zps4a1x4ln2.jpg

• Like 2

There's a lot of good swimming room for an active fish.  I like that better; but really, it's about what you like, what's good for your livestock, and what's functional.  One thing I insist on doing is having enough room to clean the glass.  That usually helps with flow too.

I typically end up tearing my tanks apart for one reason or another, and never get them back the way they used to be.  So I've pretty much given up on creating that perfect scape.  However, I still look at other aquascpapes and wish I'd have done something different.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

I like it. The second pic with open space in the front. It gives you places for brains, fungia, etc.

I would definitely epoxy the rocks. 

Yeah because I was working on placement of the rocks then. 

IMG_20170525_191143_zpsvyhqqvjo.jpg

This is right after I filled it. I'll have to take a new pic soon. We're going to Reef Apalooza this weekend but hoping to actually put some stuff in it this weekend. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
GregEmmitte
On 5/24/2017 at 9:11 AM, seabass said:

I like it.

But aquascapes are all a matter of personal tastes.

Ditto. I find tons of rubles rock to be distasteful.