Coral Vue Hydros

Trav's Box O' Squishy - Kessil A360X Powered

Travis

Christopher Marks

I just caught up on your remodel too! The kitchen cabinets look great, what a transformation! All the trim and custom detail, wow! It's all coming together, you're in the home stretch! I can't remember if I've asked, what sort of makeshift kitchen are you using in the meantime? Remodels are worth it, but the in-between time is tough.

When does the new tank stand arrive? That's going to be really posh 👌

We actually moved out while the remodel is taking place.  Let's just say there's no place like home 😄

When will the stand arrive? Well technically, it's here, just in the raw form of plywood sheets and sticks of trim 🤣  My cabinet builder is building everything on site.  The kitchen cabinets were build in place.  I guess 50 years ago when the house was built, they didn't bother to use a square or level.  He's doing an amazing job making everything be square when the walls and floor are not.

Christopher Marks

Doing it right, nice! It just occurred to me that sump was photographed in another kitchen 😁

I'll attest to old houses being out of square, hell even new houses too! It's troubling for an OCD homeowner like me 😅

Thanks for sharing the project as always.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Well, to sum it all up, the new stand got canceled due to a placement conflict with a (future) sectional sofa 😆

Miraculously I lost nothing during the move. I'll make a video soon of the new scape.  I decided on a low profile style scape to allow for vertical growth of the corals.  It's going to take a long time for that thought to come to fruition but it will be worth the way 🙂 

Cabinet doors are being stained at the painters workshop this week so pics of the completed Reno soon 😄 

• Like 2
Just now, Travis said:

Well, to sum it al up, the new stand got canceled due to a placement conflict with a sectional sofa 😆

Miraculously I lost nothing during the move. I'll make a video soon of the new scape.  I decided on a low profile style scape to allow for vertical growth of the corals.  It's going to take a long time for that thought to come to fruition but it will be worth the way 🙂 

Cabinet doors are being stained at the painters workshop this week so pics of the completed Reno soon 😄 

Everything looks really good!  🙂

we need a final pic of the finished room.  

1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

Everything looks really good!  🙂

we need a final pic of the finished room.  

Soon! 😄 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Tmr8188 said:

Nice!  I think the artisan is my next upgrade. 

Thanks! The sumps and skimmers are crap, but the tank and stand is great!

1 minute ago, Sancho said:

The cabinet work is absolutely beautiful! You do it yourself?  

Thank you, but no, my Uncle In-Law is a semi-retired cabinet builder.

1 minute ago, Travis said:

Here's a couple shots of the new sump.  LOVE IT!!!

Sexy and clean. Who made the ATO box? 

22 minutes ago, DaveFason said:

Looks great. That sump looks much more functional that the stock. 

-D

Yes, MUCH more functional. I particularly like the adjustable skimmer baffle.  With just a turn of a knob I can dial in the perfect water level for the skimmer.  And the overflow from that baffle has a nice catch area that is perfect for a sponge filter and bag of carbon.

Christopher Marks

Glad to see the move back went well, everything looks quite happy! The new sump setup is great too, lots of room down there.

Can you see light at the end of the tunnel? When do you hope to move back in?

• Like 1