Travis

Trav's Box O' Squishy - Kessil A360X Powered

Travis
One heck of a coral haul! Plus clams!!
  • Like 3

Travis

I bought so much new coral I am having to readjust my dosing :lol:

46E8F8AA-7B06-4B25-B324-866B2D890E38.thumb.png.92a1adf1ac5824c9c8cff37f43240ef1.png

• Wow 2

Kayman

Sometimes that's a good problem to have! Still looking good!

Travis

Thanks! I bumped up my dosages so I will see what it is this afternoon.

Christopher Marks

Wow @Travis, your reef is really coming along beautifully, great video tour! Awesome new additions too, that new clam ?

Travis
17 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Wow @Travis, your reef is really coming along beautifully, great video tour! Awesome new additions too, that new clam ?

Thanks Chris! 

You mean this guy? :D

BD59A0AC-8B02-4EE4-B11B-80EAE08324A1.thumb.jpeg.7eec9b8d69ee9001fe3f5cd37c5bea86.jpeg

• Like 1

Cannedfish

Fragniappe?

Travis
1 minute ago, Cannedfish said:

Fragniappe?

Yep! Had a blast! My wallet took a hit though! :lol:

• Like 1

Cannedfish

20 minutes ago, Travis said:

Yep! Had a blast! My wallet took a hit though! :lol:

You and me both... Great tank by the way! Love see other Louisiana tanks!

Travis

Thanks! I'm gonna have to go read your thread profile!

• Wow 1

Cannedfish
Just now, Travis said:

Thanks! I'm gonna have to go read your thread profile!

Prepare yourself, it pretty much embodies the ethos of being "Busch League." Actually, that's kinda being mean to Busch. It's more like "Warm Day-Old Milwaukee's Best League." Yeah, that a better description. 

• Haha 1

Travis

Now we’ll see what I’ve been doing right...and wrong... :lol:

DDDFEB32-5914-4EE1-937F-B4EF22404345.thumb.jpeg.0aff4644554395f8ea097f46dc051cc0.jpeg

• Like 1

dpoltsdsu

How well do the Tomini and Yellow tang get along? 

Travis
1 hour ago, dpoltsdsu said:

How well do the Tomini and Yellow tang get along? 

They get along great. They share a cave to sleep at night. First couple of days where rough, but they are BFFs now. 

dpoltsdsu

Did you add them at the same time?

Travis

Nope. Had the Tomini for a few months first. 

Travis

AAAARRGGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

We are in the process of a large home renovation.  Had to move out of the house last weekend.  Lost both clams possibly due to alk dipping too low....6.5 dKh....

It'll be a few months before we move back in but I will be there every afternoon working on the house.  I need to stay on top of testing alk daily.

Since adding all the new corals from the frag show, my alk consumption has been fierce.

I am at the point that I will be needing to moving the tank this weekend to another room in the house while we are renovating the living/kitchen area of the house.  

Wish me luck!

• Sad 2

mitten_reef
43 minutes ago, Travis said:

AAAARRGGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

We are in the process of a large home renovation.  Had to move out of the house last weekend.  Lost both clams possibly due to alk dipping too low....6.5 dKh....

It'll be a few months before we move back in but I will be there every afternoon working on the house.  I need to stay on top of testing alk daily.

Since adding all the new corals from the frag show, my alk consumption has been fierce.

I am at the point that I will be needing to moving the tank this weekend to another room in the house while we are renovating the living/kitchen area of the house.  

Wish me luck!

Sorry about the clams.  And good luck with the tank move.  Hopefully, you got some good suggestions from others on your moving thread.  

On the plus side, major alk consumption daily is probably a good sign indicating that those newly acquired frags were healthy and ready to grow?  

Travis

Most certainly so. :)  I just need to keep up with my husbandry and keep the dosing levels correct for the daily consumptions.

Christopher Marks

Ack what a nightmare, sounds like a real headache @Travis ?

Whats the plan for the tank move? Will it be moved back again once the renovations are complete?

Travis

The plan is to drain it completely leaving just enough water for the fish to breath. Place furniture movers under the stand and push. Then repeat once the reno is done. Sounds simple. :)  We'll find out Saturday.  Hopefully I have an upbeat and positive update after the move.

Christopher Marks

Well if you’re not worried I’m not gonna worry either ?

No doubt you’re excited to tackle the renovation! I’ve been daydreaming about redoing my kitchen, but living through the mess is holding me back. Are you doing floors, cabinets, electrical etc?

HarryPotter

Good luck!!! Tank moves are stressful for sure 

Travis
32 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Well if you’re not worried I’m not gonna worry either ?

No doubt you’re excited to tackle the renovation! I’ve been daydreaming about redoing my kitchen, but living through the mess is holding me back. Are you doing floors, cabinets, electrical etc?

YEP! Full gut!  I'll have some before and after pictures to share.  We are gutting the kitchen/living room, tearing down the wall that divides the two and ripping out the old kitchen.

It's something we have been dreaming of doing since we bought the house 8 years ago.  It's time for the 50 year old kitchen to go.

17 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Good luck!!! Tank moves are stressful for sure 

Thanks!  I'm trying to not be anxious about it, but it's hard not to be. :blush:

• Like 1

Travis

So the tank move happened, early.  Last night we decided to get a move on it (pun intended :P)

Drained the water, still too heavy to lift. So we tried just pushing and surprisingly it slid easily.

We got it all set back up in the new (temporary) location.  30 minutes later. My wife screams from the room with the tank....WATER! WATER EVERYWHERE!

Boys and girls, hose clamps are very important.  The main return line at the pump is a flex hose and it decided to pop off.  I did fiddle with it before we moved it so I probable made it come loose...

20180322_235706024_iOS.thumb.jpg.1c36e8a8daf2415caafbb0c50cf4a063.jpg

Had to make a fresh 10 gallons of water, I guess it could have been worse. It's all  dried up now and the fish and coral are completely unaffected.

I'm keeping a close eye on them with the help of a wifi cam.

20180323_142409000_iOS.thumb.png.f3d8c82ef012b83155aad175f80e2b25.png

In other news, I got the old panelling off of the center wall that we are taking out.  It's going to make the main living space HUGE compared to what it was. :)

20180322_233029122_iOS.thumb.jpg.bb8fc8f55fa71d160bddd8c96684af09.jpg

• Like 2