SaltCritters.com

What order to introduce livestock in pico

Drewbedo

Ok so I know there won't be one answer to this but just looking for some good opinions. Im planning the livestock for my 3 gallon pico and was wondering for long term health of the tank is there any one way to introduce the livestock to make sure everything thrives properly other than just pacing myself and adding them in random order. Here is what is going in it:

1 gold neon Pygmy goby (maybe 2, still debating)

3 sexy shrimp

1 porcelain crab

the only corals will be hammer and coral

already have small CUC with my water LR and LS in a bucket waiting to transfer to DT

3 minutes ago, Drewbedo said:

Ok so I know there won't be one answer to this but just looking for some good opinions. Im planning the livestock for my 3 gallon pico and was wondering for long term health of the tank is there any one way to introduce the livestock to make sure everything thrives properly other than just pacing myself and adding them in random order. Here is what is going in it:

1 gold neon Pygmy goby (maybe 2, still debating)

3 sexy shrimp

1 porcelain crab

the only corals will be hammer and coral

already have small CUC with my water LR and LS in a bucket waiting to transfer to DT

I think my preference would be inverts first. 

+1   I've never heard of gobies bothering sexy shrimp, but the likelihood of it happening would be even lower if the shrimp are already in the tank when the gobies are added.

As for the gobies, if you do get two, be sure to add them both at the same time.  Less likelihood of territorial aggression if they both have to adjust to the environment and 'stake their claims' at the same time.