Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Injured Serpen Star help please (with pics)

lkoechle

So I am going to post a couple photos. 

One is of when we first recieved the serpent star last Friday (pic in the bag) and you can clearly see the injury and then a picture from this morning.

I am asking your opinion if everything looks good and normal (there is some white on around the arms where it meets the disc I am not sure about) and if everything looks like its healing.

This is my first starfish so I don't really know what I am looking at.  it is in an acclimation chamber in the tank for observation because I dont want to risk it dying in the display and me not finding it.  I have been feeding it 1 mysis daily.  the first day it took a while to eat but now it eats a mysis from touching the tip of its foot to totally consumed in about 2 minutes. Today I fed it two shrimp because its consuming it so quickly  I figured a second couldnt hurt.

Thanks for the help!

20170519_143456.thumb.jpg.7504448ddd1f4d3d039cde4a485c7d1d.jpg

Original injury last Friday.

20170523_075605.thumb.jpg.026d12180c365c0a1e865e7c0c2bcde7.jpg

This morning before feeding.  I think it looks a lot better but I am not sure about the white next to the top leg and i am also not a starfish expert... At all...

Thanks for the help! especially if you're like me and get nauseous by looking or thinking about holes in a body... BLECH. I will be so happy when its healed.