Pod Your Reef

Not sure if its diease or fighting wound

Minmay

So, my firefish doesnt like my clown and he defends his cave. For about 2 weeks now I've noticed his anal fin looks weird. Best way I can describe it is when a person has a scrape on their knee. So he has little slits in his bottom anal fin. It doesnt go all the way down his fin where it would look frayed. Also, on his dorsal fin there's a lil' piece missing. I put him in a travel tank and put Melafix in the travel tank (not in DT) my fire fish will be going back to LFS but my concern is will my clown's fins grow back? How long does it take to heal? Once I remove the fire fish should I continue to give him meds for the full 7 days as it says on label? There's nothing else wrong with his fins. Also, is he going to be ok in the Travel tank because theres nothing agitating the water in that tank. The red is where the issue is. I'll try amd take another pic of him in his QT since he's not swimming around.

Screenshot_20170522-101951.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic. Not sure if you can tell on the bottom anal fin that its slightly lighter than the other areas of its fin. 

20170522_133111.jpg

looks more like battle scars, and it will not have an issue growing back. It is better off in the display with Firefish if the tavel tank is not cycled.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Boggers said:

looks more like battle scars, and it will not have an issue growing back. It is better off in the display with Firefish if the tavel tank is not cycled.

Ok thank u! 

1 hour ago, Boggers said:

I put clown back in DT and put firefish in a bag so he doesnt bother my clown. My clown (Elvis) seems to be lethargic though. Probably due to the meds that I put in QT. Is that normal? Will that fade in time? He's just chillin in the bottom of tank. 

Likely the shock of moving so much. Give it a day, and if it doesn't start swimming tomorrow, then we need to worry something more is up.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Boggers said:

Likely the shock of moving so much. Give it a day, and if it doesn't start swimming tomorrow, then we need to worry something more is up.

Prince is now back at LFS. Elvis snapped out of it and now swimming around like nothing happened. Thank u for advice. I appreciate it.