Top Shelf Aquatics

Wavemaker Options....

JcSH2o

Hey there, had a question as I'm starting my first Nano... the infamous Mr aqua 12 long. Thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!

I'm researching all about water movement, and after ditching the idea of the MP10 series (mostly because of cost), I thought I had settled in on the Tunze 6040. I like that it's small, can be mounted on the rear wall, and seems to offer more controllabilty than the Jebaos.

BUT....

Then of course today I discovered the Hydor offshoot company, Aqamai, and their new circulation pump that splits the price points of the Tunze and Jebao. This thing is TINY, and its wifi and cloud capable. Controlling via app sounds cool... not to mention you can customize every 30minute chunk of every 24 hours... Very cool.

The only downside (maybe?) is that the slowest end of this pump is still about 350gph, where the tunze can go much less. That's my question, is that too much flow in my 12 gallon long?? I'll also be running an Eheim 600 in my filter return and I'm planning on a mixed reef with only 2 or 3 SPS corals.... ?

The first video or 2 I watched on the Rossmont had me wowed... then I started reading reviews and they were probably close to 70% bad lol. So that killed Rosemont for me. 

I know Sicce is supposed to make good, quiet pumps, but I haven't read much about their powerheads or wavemaker? Hmm I'm curious too. ?

1 minute ago, JcSH2o said:

The first video or 2 I watched on the Rossmont had me wowed... then I started reading reviews and they were probably close to 70% bad lol. So that killed Rosemont for me. 

I know Sicce is supposed to make good, quiet pumps, but I haven't read much about their powerheads or wavemaker? Hmm I'm curious too. ?

Hmm, ok, didn't know that about Rossmont but that input helps. 

Mebbe time to check out web info on Sicce wavemakers. 

They're available through the BRS Group Buy through the end of today, I believe. 

On 2017-5-21 at 10:38 AM, Weetabix7 said:

I find in this hobby, many don't try different products, more so following other ppls recommendations. 

Same reason everyone uses AC filters, although they really aren't that great. 

I'm open to trying different products because how else do we grow? 

• Like 1