Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Alexey's Reefer 250 - New Light Installed!

Berlibee

On 10/26/2017 at 9:15 AM, Berlibee said:

59f1dd2e1e399_ATIWaterTest.png.a19c1ce339cd0cdf32771b18ff3c5507.png

ATI Test Results are here: http://lab.atiaquaristik.com/share/94a230f7f31d28759df9

Everything is ok but PO4 is 1.1 hehehe ( was 0.05 before ) :lol: Thanks to PolypBooster once a week half dose. Skipped dosing it for a week and in 10 days PO4 is down to 0.5 already.

Iodine from ATI Lab working really great, I'm dosing it once a week 0.6ml for 55g NET water volume, very nice product and almost impossible to overdose in this form. 

Also I decided to try another light for the refugium and got a cheap Chinese LED panel on Amazon for $25: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IVQ96KY/

Kessil H380 was still burning out my plants in the refugium even after I moved it higher and even put it on the edge of the refugium to move the hot spot, we will see how this new light will work ... First two days didn't show any difference in pH swings comparing to Kessil. :lol:

All SPS are very happy, showing more and more colors and growing! Another example that PO4 is not something to be scared off I think ...

Cheers!

I'm 92% too!!  :happydance:

• Like 1
On 6/8/2018 at 10:55 PM, Asureef said:

I'm 92% too!!  :happydance:

Hehehe awesome! 😉 I didn't sent a test for a long time now. Here is a few new frags from Dan TCK:

001-TCK-Plutonium-Pikachu.jpg

002-TCK-Cosmic-Shortcake.jpg

003-TCK-Valida.jpg

004-CB-Maleficent.jpg

005 TCK-Thunderbolt.jpg

006-RR-The-Vinh.jpg

007-TCK-New-Dragon.jpg

008-ARC-Bullfrog-Tort.jpg

009-Paletta-Pink-Tip.jpg

010-Pink-Spath-Milli.jpg

011-TCK-AcroBerry-Table.jpg

012-TCK-Red-Cadillac.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
On 6/11/2018 at 8:27 AM, Asureef said:

Nice man, we need to do some trading once those start growing. 😉

Super! I have some cool zoas, I'd be very happy to trade for SPS. PM me if you are interested. 🙂 Cheers.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2018 at 9:18 AM, DaveFason said:

Nice pick ups! The Pikachu should be a stunner in a few months.

Thanks, yep I hope so. 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey @Christopher Marks 😉 The tank is doing great, but as I have several tanks these frags are not going into the REEFER 250, but into the REEFER 170.

It's ONE YEAR on ATI Essentials and no water changes! 🙂 I'll post an update this week about the REEFER 250 and will add a few photos. Thanks for asking.

Cheers!

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Hi! 😉

Where to start ... It's one year with ATI Essentials and almost no water changes.

ReefHacks_001.jpg.2eb6f72b26c83cbd3adc7692e7613224.jpg

During this year I did three small water changes, to siphon the detritus on the bottom of the sump and also to clean the refugium. The system is doing very good, awesome coloration and no issues at all. Well, I got dinos hehehe ...

But I got them so many times already in different systems that I have a strict plan that I'm doing every time and it's removing them in about two weeks. not a big deal anymore. The only one thing that is a small issue in the system - PO4.

Phosphates are around 0.12 and because of this, the growth is pretty slow. I'll be removing the refugium and replacing with an ARID chaeto reactor soon. The refugium is just not working at all, any macro that I'm adding dying in a week. I've tried different lights, flow, light cycle ... nothing is working I have no idea why. Even dosing some support additives for the macro doesn't help. Nutrients levels are around NO3: 3-5 and present, so it's just a mystery for me why it's not working in this setup.

ReefHacks_002.jpg.24138a45b56fd2e06c8e80dc34ed7166.jpg

So at this moment added a small reactor with ROWAPhos and will be removing the refugium today as it's just collecting the detritus, maybe this is the actual issue of the high levels of PO4.

All fishes are doing good, fat and happy. Added a pair of breeding clowns and I see them very happy with the clay pot, now thinking to try to save the hatching babies or not when they are ready hehehe ... I've heard this is a lot of work, not sure I have time and money for it.

ReefHacks_003.jpg.c588f7f701bd966b0d7283d8ce396b00.jpg

So I'm very happy with the ATI Essentials. At this moment dosing 38ml a day of each part. One 10L pack last for about 260 days, which is pretty good.

I want to test the Giesemann SPECTRA SE 36" on this tank, thinking to sell the NANOBox ATI Hybrid. If someone will be interested, PM I can do a magic price on it, to make someone happy with even some additional bonuses if you'll like it.

Have a nice weekend everyone! 😉 

ReefHacks_004.jpg.e84cc1704024ca08b5d37ba54289111b.jpg

ReefHacks_005.jpg.9382298ea7bdb0d5ef2d6145d85660ac.jpg

ReefHacks_006.jpg.6be9acbdb7d96504fd15e1e82e1451d5.jpg

ReefHacks_007.jpg.7a3bec7d9bbcc81c8f596d381b450cbc.jpg

• Like 8
3 hours ago, DaveFason said:

Any FTS? Love to see how things are filling in. 

I didn't add any more corals. The tank still looks very empty. 🙂 Growth is pretty slow over this year.

• 3 weeks later...

Switched the REEFER 250 to Giesemann Spectra ❤️ from the NANOBox Hybrid. Spectra looks fantastic and the spread of the light is crazy cool. 350-450 PAR all over the tank, no matter if it's on the bottom or of the side, the light is everywhere! I was afraid about the heat its producing, and when it was about 7" over the surface, the temperature was rising +3F (0.5C) every hour, which is pretty critical. But after adding a small fan under the fixture and rising it to 10" the temperature rising only to 1.75F every hour. I'll add one more small fan, adjust the position of the fans, so they move air under the MH bulbs and I'm sure it will not affect the temperature of the tank at all soon. So all the stories about Spectra heating the tank like crazy are exaggerated, it just needs proper installation. Amazing quality light!

REEFER_250_MH_Spectra.jpg

• Like 2
3 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Looks great! 

Thanks, I love it very much as well. We have the Florence coming our way .... 😞 I have no generator, I'm so scared to lose all my tanks.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Berlibee said:

Thanks, I love it very much as well. We have the Florence coming our way .... 😞 I have no generator, I'm so scared to lose all my tanks.

Same here, although it's starting to look like it won't be so bad for Virginia. Do you have battery powered air pumps? Walmart carries them. As long as temps don't get super high, just keeping things aereated for the duration of the power outage should keep everything OK. One set of batteries lasts close to two days.

I just pulled mine out of the attic and realized that's not a good place to store batteries (yuck!). Fortunately I have spares.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Same here, although it's starting to look like it won't be so bad for Virginia. Do you have battery powered air pumps? Walmart carries them. As long as temps don't get super high, just keeping things aereated for the duration of the power outage should keep everything OK. One set of batteries lasts close to two days.

I just pulled mine out of the attic and realized that's not a good place to store batteries (yuck!). Fortunately I have spares.

Yes, I have the Marina Battery-Operated Air Pump it's 6 to 8 hours on one set of batteries. Couldn't find more batteries yesterday, will try today again. 🙂

Ah no, I've checked looks like it can work as well 24-48h on batteries. Well I need them anyway hehehe ...

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Berlibee said:

Yes, I have the Marina Battery-Operated Air Pump it's 6 to 8 hours on one set of batteries. Couldn't find more batteries yesterday, will try today again. 🙂

Not too late for Amazon Prime.  As long as you have the air pump and a way to heat water and/or a lot of ice on hand you should be ok for at least a few days.  I see a 100 pack of AA batteries available for same day delivery.  Not sure about your area though.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, specore said:

Not too late for Amazon Prime.  As long as you have the air pump and a way to heat water and/or a lot of ice on hand you should be ok for at least a few days.  I see a 100 pack of AA batteries available for same day delivery.  Not sure about your area though.  

Thanks, but the one I have are using the D Type. I didn't see any with fast delivery on Amazon. Only for Monday.

1 hour ago, xiaoxiy said:

Sweet light man! I’m running the infinity and have found that el cheap aquarium fans on amazon to do wonders at lowering my tank temp.  What halide bulb are you running? Radium?

Thanks. Yes, I've decided to go with 20K Radium. 🙂 Are you using this one?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L54ZY9C/ref=twister_B07B4TD36Y?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

1 hour ago, Cannedfish said:

Man, your photos are straight delicious. 

Thank you. 😉 by the way, your Cornbred's Maleficent is a fast grower? I got one a few months ago and it's so colorful and fast growing. Very cool one!

2 minutes ago, Berlibee said:

Thanks, but the one I have are using the D Type. I didn't see any with fast delivery on Amazon. Only for Monday.

Gotcha. Didn't even look, just assumed.  Too bad it uses the same batteries as everyones flashlights.  

• Like 1