Coral Vue Hydros

Alexey's Reefer 250 - New Light Installed!

Berlibee

59f1dd2e1e399_ATIWaterTest.png.a19c1ce339cd0cdf32771b18ff3c5507.png

ATI Test Results are here: http://lab.atiaquaristik.com/share/94a230f7f31d28759df9

Everything is ok but PO4 is 1.1 hehehe ( was 0.05 before ) :lol: Thanks to PolypBooster once a week half dose. Skipped dosing it for a week and in 10 days PO4 is down to 0.5 already.

Iodine from ATI Lab working really great, I'm dosing it once a week 0.6ml for 55g NET water volume, very nice product and almost impossible to overdose in this form. 

Also I decided to try another light for the refugium and got a cheap Chinese LED panel on Amazon for $25: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IVQ96KY/

Kessil H380 was still burning out my plants in the refugium even after I moved it higher and even put it on the edge of the refugium to move the hot spot, we will see how this new light will work ... First two days didn't show any difference in pH swings comparing to Kessil. :lol:

All SPS are very happy, showing more and more colors and growing! Another example that PO4 is not something to be scared off I think ...

Cheers!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RollaJase said:

Everything looks happy :).

Yes, everything looks happy indeed. I've added a small IM MaxiMini reactor also two days ago with ROWAPhos to help refugium a little bit with PO4. :) Working good !

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

8 Months Update:

Christmas time, the best time for an update and some gifts hehehe ... The system is doing great! All SPS are still looking like frags, but they're all encrusted, and most of them started growing branches, so I hope soon I'll see a good growth!

New cheap 25$ light that I'm using now on the refugium is doing a great job as well, absolutely no negative difference comparing to Kessil H380 in my case, no pH changes, etc. Just now it's not burning the macroalgae, and it's growing like crazy. Caulerpa took over the refugium, and I run now the refugium only with Caulerpa. The refugium is full of baby snails and pods looks fantastic in closeup!

All SPS are very colorful and with good PE. I still run two Gyre 230 in anti-sync mode - 4 seconds pulses at 100%. No changes in lighting schedule or anything else.

The SPS are now packed super close to each other I'm sure I'll have problems in future because of such a close placement, but it's Christmas, and I couldn't resist to a super sweet deal from a local reefer and got some new frags for fantastic prices, I'm super happy about:

• Walt Disney
  • Jason Fox Fox Flame
  • Reef Raft Pink Floyd
  • UC Bali Shortcake
  • Jason Fox Palletta Pink Tip
  • Jason Fox Unknown
  • PC Rainbow
  • One of the Pearlberry

Also I'm very happy with the ATI Essentials, everything is super easy to use, it's the same parts but "better" and no water changes.

Happy holidays everyone! :wub:

Video 8 months:

Video 2 months for comparison: 

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Berlibee said:

5 months here without water changes :D

Seems like ATI essentials has been plugging along solidly for you. I'm planning on transitioning over to the ATI essentials w/o water change after my Aquaforest dosing solutions run out. 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, xiaoxiy said:

Seems like ATI essentials has been plugging along solidly for you. I'm planning on transitioning over to the ATI essentials w/o water change after my Aquaforest dosing solutions run out. 

Yes, I'm very happy with it. All I did is added a diamond goby; he's doing a fantastic job cleaning the sand and disturbing it, corals appreciate it as well hehe ... I still dose a tiny amount of ATI Essentials, 6ml a day but all parameters are stable, and rocks are crystal clear I have absolutely no algae on them, but I think this is the merit of the phytoplankton and refugium. Will send another water sample soon to check it for more details. ;)

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Dude, tank is an inspiration. I've had my ATI essentials boxed up and ready to go for almost a year. Your thread has made me excited! Love the diamond goby. I'm planning on adding one for my sand as well. Yours looks like a hog! Did you qt him before hand to get him eating? 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mystersyster said:

Dude, tank is an inspiration. I've had my ATI essentials boxed up and ready to go for almost a year. Your thread has made me excited! Love the diamond goby. I'm planning on adding one for my sand as well. Yours looks like a hog! Did you qt him before hand to get him eating? 

Hey, thanks! You will love the diamond goby. No I've just added him and that's it. He was super active from the first day. ;) 

20 hours ago, mystersyster said:

How do you like the Kore 5th doser? I'm about to pick one up. Any complaints?

Not Alexey but I've used a Kore 5th for a few years now and it's an excellent doser. I'm sure you'll be really happy.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2018 at 4:51 AM, mystersyster said:

How do you like the Kore 5th doser? I'm about to pick one up. Any complaints?

Sorry, was a very busy period. :) I like it very much, using it for a long time like Shaun. I wish they had an app for iPhone, but it's a nice accurate doser.

On 2/21/2018 at 10:17 AM, Shoob1e said:

Awesome tank man, always cool to see other red sea 250 builds

Thanks! ;) 

On 2/22/2018 at 1:39 AM, 4x5 said:

Not Alexey but I've used a Kore 5th for a few years now and it's an excellent doser. I'm sure you'll be really happy.

Boooyakasha! I agree.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys, I want to try corals shipping for the first time. I have some nice zoas and I'll do some really nice prices for someone who'll teach me how to ship. 

ASD Hyper Jubilee Zoas - 65$ per polyp.
Cornbred's Rainbow Infusion Paly - 65$ per polyp.

Legendary Corals Gonzo's Citrus Coolers - 20$ per polyp.
Legendary Corals Hawaiian Ding Dangs - 20$ per polyp.
Legendary Corals LC Prismatics - 20$ per polyp.
Legendary Corals LC Shadow Princes - 20$ per polyp.
Legendary Corals Granny Apple Smiths - 20$ per polyp.
Legendary Corals LC Pink Solstice - 20$ per polyp.
Pink Stardust - 20$ per polyp.

Examples:

Zoas_003.jpg

Zoas_002.jpg

Zoas_001.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, DaveFason said:

How is the tank doing Alex?

-Dave

All good man, thanks. Still on ATI Essentials with no water changes. Just ordered new bulbs. One year passed ver quick. 🙂 Corals are colorful and happy, but growth is pretty slow during the first year. How are you doing?

11 minutes ago, Berlibee said:

All good man, thanks. Still on ATI Essentials with no water changes. Just ordered new bulbs. One year passed ver quick. 🙂 Corals are colorful and happy, but growth is pretty slow during the first year. How are you doing?

Building lights and building more! Tanks are doing well and having fun with new color spectrums. :)

Glad to hear the tank is well.